SiouxSports.com Forum

Please attend

Fetch

Obviously, living in Colorado, I couldn't attend. But, I wouldn't anyway. 

However, I do want to say something about this crowd.  They are die-hard UND fans who truly think they are doing the right thing, so I try not to "rip" on them, however misguided I think they are.   

At the stage were in it is hard to believe Kelly gets to handle the final stages - wish there were a tactful way he could just put it on hold until a new Admin. has had some time to let calmer heads relook at where were at & decide how to proceed

Because it is a bigger mess today than it has ever been

I don't expect a huge turnout this Friday

But I have a feeling (bad feeling) that when the students get back it could get ugly

There is a lot of pent up bad feelings about all of this & not just students - there are a lot of people who really care about this and right now are really pizzed off or at least really disappointed & not happy or still confused by what is happening

At the stage were in it is hard to believe Kelly gets to handle the final stages - wish there were a tactful way he could just put it on hold until a new Admin. has had some time to let calmer heads relook at where were at & decide how to proceed

Because it is a bigger mess today than it has ever been

Well he could show a little leadership....

Take responsibility and say we had a plan and it didn't give us the result we had hoped for. A good leader pulls the plug on a bad idea and regroups and comes up with a better idea.

Thank the consultant for their help and tell them their services are no longer needed.

Announce that he would like to ask the committee to stay on for another 45-60 days if they could.

Bring in the Presidents or head marketing people from Scheels, Follet(who runs UND's bookstore), and a couple local Apparel Marketing Companies. Appoint one of these people as the new leader of the committee.

Announce that the 5 remaining names are still under consideration but the committee and new key people will also be taking a look at some previously discarded names and open the possibility that a couple more may be added by the committee if they see fit. Thank the people for their input and to stay tuned!

Have the new committee go through the names that make the list......do NOT make the new list public at this point. Should be down to 12-15 at this point.

A couple days in, have a press conference and explain that we will be picking a new name at the end of this process and that remaining North Dakota will not be an option. Be prepared to explain why...do not be wishy washy, OWN it.

Once the committee has pared the list down to 6 or 8 names, release these names to the public if you feel you must(I wouldn't at this point). Do some polling among Faculty, Alumni, Stakeholders,and students. 

Pare the list down to 3 or 4 and have the Apparel companies on the committee and other prominent ones in the area put together logo concepts, marketing ideas and design ideas.

At this point have the committee pick 2 or 3 with the logos and marketing plans for you for  to either 

A. Choose one and explain the logo and what it means and why it was chosen.

B. Put them to a public or stakeholder vote if you are comfortable with living with the result. This can only be done if you are down to 2 selections.

Have press conference to announce New name and logo with some apparel ready to go at the UND bookstore!

It ain't rocket science people.

I have to wonder how much this fiasco is going to cost the university in donations, not just the latest turn, but the whole stumbling mess.

I believe if you fast forward 20 years 2 things are a certainty

1. UND enrollment and donations to the athletic department will be higher than they currently are.

2. The problems that face the Native American communities will remain virtually unchanged.

In other words UND will not be significantly harmed and the Native American community will not be significantly helped. It makes you wonder what all this is for.

FEELINGS? Yep "you've hurt my feelings!"

p.s. Both sides acting the same way.

Well he could show a little leadership....

Take responsibility and say we had a plan and it didn't give us the result we had hoped for. A good leader pulls the plug on a bad idea and regroups and comes up with a better idea.

Thank the consultant for their help and tell them their services are no longer needed.

Announce that he would like to ask the committee to stay on for another 45-60 days if they could.

Bring in the Presidents or head marketing people from Scheels, Follet(who runs UND's bookstore), and a couple local Apparel Marketing Companies. Appoint one of these people as the new leader of the committee.

Announce that the 5 remaining names are still under consideration but the committee and new key people will also be taking a look at some previously discarded names and open the possibility that a couple more may be added by the committee if they see fit. Thank the people for their input and to stay tuned!

Have the new committee go through the names that make the list......do NOT make the new list public at this point. Should be down to 12-15 at this point.

A couple days in, have a press conference and explain that we will be picking a new name at the end of this process and that remaining North Dakota will not be an option. Be prepared to explain why...do not be wishy washy, OWN it.

Once the committee has pared the list down to 6 or 8 names, release these names to the public if you feel you must(I wouldn't at this point). Do some polling among Faculty, Alumni, Stakeholders,and students.

Pare the list down to 3 or 4 and have the Apparel companies on the committee and other prominent ones in the area put together logo concepts, marketing ideas and design ideas.

At this point have the committee pick 2 or 3 with the logos and marketing plans for you for to either

A. Choose one and explain the logo and what it means and why it was chosen.

B. Put them to a public or stakeholder vote if you are comfortable with living with the result. This can only be done if you are down to 2 selections.

Have press conference to announce New name and logo with some apparel ready to go at the UND bookstore!

It ain't rocket science people.

Kelley purposefully never showed any public leadership on this because he didn't want to show that he was staunchly against the name with the SBoHE's blessing. It was all planned out with his former Illini buds like Portland States and SDSU's President to threaten the nickname in their respective leagues, and make it appear Kelley didn't have a choice. Kelley has hid behind committees by design. He's not changing his modus operandi now, which was to portray himself a poor innocent victim.

since this is a thread for those that want to have ND as an option I find it odd that all of you who want a new, generic nickname feel the need to chime in.

What's to stop some artist from merging a new Roughrider logo with a Sioux logo and selling it, if both logos are slightly altered so neither trademarks are not valid. That should be the plan, something positive, that the PC forces can't stop.

I have to wonder how much this fiasco is going to cost the university in donations,  not just the latest turn, but the whole stumbling mess.

I have to wonder how much this fiasco has cost in tax dollars?     I'm assuming none of this was paid for with donations, so it had to come from tax dollars budgeted to UND.   What a waste.   Just get this thing over with and it won't end until we have a new name.   Anyone want to even fathom a guess on what it cost?

It was important for Schloss to parrot the company line lest he be made a pariah and get snubbed for interviews by those he covers. He wouldn't want to lose his year-round access to the corner office in the Honorary Virg "I'm no homer" Foss press box at REA now would he?

I kid, I kid! ( ;

It was important for Schloss to parrot the company line lest he be made a pariah and get snubbed for interviews by those he covers. He wouldn't want to lose his year-round access to the corner office in the Honorary Virg "I'm no homer" Foss press box at REA now would he?

I kid, I kid! ( ;

Don't kid yourself: KG had the same concern. 

Don't kid yourself: KG had the same concern.

Good point. I did notice KG's tone change from diplomatic in the first meetings to exasperated by Tuesday night. Somewhere in the middle some of the "fellas" must have taken him for a ride down by the East River to let him know what was good for him -- an offer he couldn't refuse.