SiouxSports.com Forum

Cost of Attendance

GeauxSioux

I guess we can stay D1.  On to excuse number 14 if the football and basketball teams continue to struggle.

I still think a discussion needs to happen on the number of sports we sponsor.

As for the struggles of football and basketball, Bubba is turning football around and Brewster will have WBB back in contention this year. Jones and MBB.....that's another story.

• Upvote 2

As for the struggles of football and basketball, Bubba is turning football around and Brewster will have WBB back in contention this year. Jones and MBB.....that's another story.

So will this distance us from other FCS teams when the call to move up happens? Do FBS conferences look at this piece of the pie when inviting FCS teams? 

I agree. But there may be a way to do this without covering every single sport we have.

For example: Football and mens basketball need to be covered. Let's say thats 80 mens scholarships. Then you give the matching 80 to womens bbal, VB, soccer, etc. Really just equal it out. Technically this doesn't necessarily mean that all sports will receive this.

Congrats to Faison and the entire UND administration on stepping up to the plate on this issue. This will make it possible for all our coaches to recruit on a level playing field.

Congrats also to the benefactors that will make this possible.

Hey, you were one of them!  Thank you!!!

• Upvote 1

Faison just said they would look at realignment of priorities within the athletic department and cost savings.

Sounds like Faison plans on cutting a program or two...

You take away a couple sports (coaching salaries, travel expenses, scholarships and misc. expenses), UND could cover a good portion of the $721,000 pretty easily.  

Congrats to Faison and the entire UND administration on stepping up to the plate on this issue. This will make it possible for all our coaches to recruit on a level playing field.

Congrats also to the benefactors that will make this possible.

Yes, thank you to all who contribute!!

Faison just said they would look at realignment of priorities within the athletic department and cost savings.

Sounds like Faison plans on cutting a program or two...

Baseball, Softball, and Womens soccer should all be concerned right now. I am betting that Baseball and Soccer will be getting cut

Let's recap Faison's accomplishments and then discuss how horrible of an AD he is:

Got us into the Big Sky Conference

Formed the NCHC

Built the IPF

Offering FCOA

Hired Bubba

Hired Brewster

Hired Mark Pryor

Gained $1,000,000 for the athletic department in TV contract with Midco, which airs every home football and non-CBS hockey game for 5 years, plus BB and Volleyball

Pressured NCHC and CBSSN to remove exclusivity clause from hockey contract

I'm sure I'm missing other things... fs4l, I'm sure you have an extensive list of positives he has done ;)

I think it should be noted that President Kelley was probably the biggest proponent of this, and he had to be in order for Faison and the Athletics Department to move forward on it.

Admittedly, I personally have been critical of many things both of these guys have or have not done since their arrival at UND.  I still stand by those criticisms.

However, it could have been easy for a lameduck President who has been in the crosshairs for a variety of reasons lately, to do nothing and ride it out until he's done and allow the next President to have to deal with it.

Like anything, you have to take the good with the bad.

I think we all need to applaud both Kelley and Faison for expediting this so fast in response to the cow college's ante.

Essentially, a giant middle digit was extended 70 miles south on I-29 by both of them.

Now, we wait and see what the unfortunate collateral damage may or may not be....

• Upvote 3

I'm sure I'm missing other things... fs4l, I'm sure you have an extensive list of positives he has done 

;)

I never said he hadn't done anything good. You are right, he has done a lot of good things.

But there also have been some things that I didn't like. He took way too long to dump Mussman. He has given way too much rope to Jones; I hope his patience is rewarded the next couple of years, but I am not holding my breath. I still think some of the transition scheduling for several sports (especially football) could have been better (USD and NDSU kicked our butts in that regard).

However, stepping up on this very important issue (which could have doomed our Division I prospects if we didn't handle it right) has definitely improved my perception of Faison. Now it's time for the coaches and athletes to take advantage of it.