SiouxSports.com Forum

Cost of Attendance

GeauxSioux

39 minutes ago, bison73 said:

UND didnt offer it across the board until NDSU did. I think thats where the Kolpack dig comes in.

UND offered it to the sport that needed it immediately (men's hockey) and then announced it across the entire athletic department a few months later for the following season. In between those two things, NDSU announced they were offering it. None of that has relation to Kolpack's comment that UND is doing it "in some fashion" when they are doing the exact same thing as NDSU and USD. UND's announcement was over 2 years ago and it has been in place for over a year. His dig has no merit other than some pettiness because it's inaccurate.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Just now, jdub27 said:

UND offered it to the sport that needed it first (men's hockey) and then across the entire athletic department a few months later. In between those two things, NDSU announced they were offering it. None of that has relation to Kolpack's comment that UND is doing it "in some fashion" when they are doing the exact same thing as NDSU and USD. UND's announcement was over 2 years ago and it has been in place for over a year. His dig has no merit other than some pettiness.

Unless UND went all in because NDSU did. If NDSU hadnt offered across the board would have UND? I dont think so. By the looks--wording of the presser there was no indication they would unless something changed.

4 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Unless UND went all in because NDSU did. If NDSU hadnt offered across the board would have UND? I dont think so. By the looks--wording of the presser there was no indication they would unless something changed.

UND announced within a week that they were going to offer FCOA.  A decision like that doesn't get announced as a knee jerk reaction because it is what NDSU did.  Sure NDSU announcing when they did most likey pushed up the date UND was going to make their announcement, but UND was plannig on offering FCOA when NDSU made their announcement.  Thinking that UND decided in 2 days to do it is ridiculous.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

What the hell do any of your assumptions have to do with Kolpack's comment? 

Why do NDSU fans have an incessant need to make everything about them regardless of who or what is being discussed? It is actually quite amazing.

I gave it as a possible reason for Kolpacks comment. If you would like to extrapolate it further like you have then have at it.

2 minutes ago, bison73 said:

I gave it as a possible reason for Kolpacks comment. If you would like to extrapolate it further like you have then have at it.

Kolpack's comment is still incorrect, would you agree or disagree that his comment was incorrect? 

39 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

UND announced within a week that they were going to offer FCOA.  A decision like that doesn't get announced as a knee jerk reaction because it is what NDSU did.  Sure NDSU announcing when they did most likey pushed up the date UND was going to make their announcement, but UND was plannig on offering FCOA when NDSU made their announcement.  Thinking that UND decided in 2 days to do it is ridiculous.  

Come on now. UND has made many questionable decisions and announcements. But Iam sure the decision was made that if NDSU went all in they would also. If not they could get by by not doing so.

My question now is WHY would you not announce you are offering FCOA to everyone instead of piece meal. That makes no sense unless you are going to hold back back if you dont have to..

49 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Let's say you're right and UND fully implemented FCOA to compete with ndsu.  Is UND offering FCOA, or is UND just doing it "in some fashion?"

Considering you arent fully funding all your sports I think you just answered your own question.

7 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Nice dodge.  Kolpack is spreading misinformation.  UND is has implemented FCOA across the AD.

If you arent fully funding all of your sports are you really giving FCOA?  By definition its defined as a FCOA payment. In reality?

4 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

So how does UND offering fewer golf scholarships than it's allowed to = UND isn't making FCOA payments to its scholarship athletes?

You've seen the kind of math they do down in Fargo right? 

10 minutes ago, bison73 said:

If you arent fully funding all of your sports are you really giving FCOA?  By definition its defined as a FCOA payment. In reality?

What-Meme-13.jpg

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

So how does UND offering fewer golf scholarships than it's allowed to = UND isn't making FCOA payments to its scholarship athletes?

I guess I didnt make it clear.  I didnt say they WERENT making FCOA payments.  My question is whats the point of FCOA if you are giving partial scholarships and arent fully funding all sports?

Does that help?

2 minutes ago, bison73 said:

I guess I didnt make it clear.  I didnt say they WERENT making FCOA payments.  My question is whats the point of FCOA if you arent fully funding all sports?

Does that help?

To give the scholarship players extra incentive to attend your school.  What do you think the point of offering FCOA is?