SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Volleyball Season

Dustin

The volleyball team drew poorly for Thursdays game, around 700 people.  That will put average attendance down below one thousand for the year, which should be a major disappointment as we hosted NDSU and SDSU this year with big crowds.  The 11 am starts didn't help, especially this Saturday for EWU.  The average is right now at 1002, and 1000 will be breached tomorrow unless at least 960 people show up.  

The total attendance is a major disappointment for this program and the athletic department this year.  This should have been a program on the rise, not in decline.

The volleyball team drew poorly for Thursdays game, around 700 people.  That will put average attendance down below one thousand for the year, which should be a major disappointment as we hosted NDSU and SDSU this year with big crowds.  The 11 am starts didn't help, especially this Saturday for EWU.  The average is right now at 1002, and 1000 will be breached tomorrow unless at least 960 people show up.  

The total attendance is a major disappointment for this program and the athletic department this year.  This should have been a program on the rise, not in decline.

I'll say we preserve the 1,000 per game attendance. Last game for seniors should be enough to keep us there. Unfortunately, this team under performed, and I think interest waned a little. 

Not sure I'd go with decline.  Though I'm sure many fell off with the stretch of losing.  Scheduling was the killer.  I was surprised Thursday was that low, but with the huge weekend of sports coming up I debated not going.

If the Big Sky schedules us all same Saturdays as FB next year then UND needs to play the VB games at night and force the visitors to fly out the next day.  That'll get the Big Sky to accommodate UND in a hurry.

Not sure I'd go with decline.  Though I'm sure many fell off with the stretch of losing.  Scheduling was the killer.  I was surprised Thursday was that low, but with the huge weekend of sports coming up I debated not going.

If the Big Sky schedules us all same Saturdays as FB next year then UND needs to play the VB games at night and force the visitors to fly out the next day.  That'll get the Big Sky to accommodate UND in a hurry.

Still up on this team, but the Big Sky has grown stronger this year.  Pryor hasn't helped rally fans and no one has seemingly taken leadership on offense.  Hart is a defensive gem, but this team needs more offensive identity.

Good recruiting class coming in again though.

I'll say we preserve the 1,000 per game attendance. Last game for seniors should be enough to keep us there. Unfortunately, this team under performed, and I think interest waned a little. 

Be surprised if 500 show up for the Seniors last game.  Too early and most want to go to the football game.  Students have not really shown up since the NDSU game.

Edited by SiouxVolley

Still up on this team, but the Big Sky has grown stronger this year.  Pryor hasn't helped rally fans and no one has seemingly taken leadership on offense.  Hart is a defensive gem, but this team needs more offensive identity.

Agreed on every point.  Going the other night I was reminded that we don't have a big swinger.  Place doesn't even wind up.  We don't have a player that will unload a shot through a block like Robinson could.

I think Julia K brings that power attack, but unfortunately her going down was the turning point of the year. Tied 1-1 at the intermission. UND looked decent in the first, but almost got their asses handed to them in the second. 

I totally forgot that division winner gets a top seed...

I like the matchup... I hope we can pull off the upset.

Really?!  I did not know that.  The match-up with Idaho is probably the best-case scenario for advancing to the semi-finals.  But, without Julia K, I don't see much hope to get past the next team.  I wonder if the Big Sky will get an at-large bid this year?  Very nice to see good conference competition.

Where can we find info on the 2016 recruiting class?

Really?!  I did not know that.  The match-up with Idaho is probably the best-case scenario for advancing to the semi-finals.  But, without Julia K, I don't see much hope to get past the next team.  I wonder if the Big Sky will get an at-large bid this year?  Very nice to see good conference competition.

I had to double-check but yeah, Division winners get top 2 seeds.