SiouxSports.com Forum

2015/16 Season

obborg

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

So you think this team's record is indicative of the talent level in the program? I say no. The men's team was supposed to struggle, but the women's team was supposed to contend for the Big Sky title. And they are not even close to that right now. If you think asking questions about it is out of line, then by all means don't say anything. But this is a discussion forum and I will vent on here if I feel like it. That is one of the purposes of a fan forum like this. Otherwise, this would be a boring place. Or maybe that is what you want????

And it isn't my job to clean up the problems in our athletic department, it's Faison's and whomever gets hired to replace Kelley, who will be gone by the end of this week. It is quite clear that NDSU has had way more success at this Division I thing than we have (with a few exceptions here and there). And that is frustrating. And if that makes me "an entitled fan", then so be it.

5 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

I agree, distractions can be stopped after a game or two but continuing this drama will kill a season, and Faison needs to get more attention to our non men's hockey sports. Seems like he cares about that one sport and leaves the rest up to chance. Make big decisions, hire the right people and get the programs on the right track. Fans are tired of being second fiddle to NDSU, winning the FCS title is one thing but winning in the dance against big named schools is another, while we struggle to reach .500 is unacceptable. Hopefully Brewster will see his error and this team can make a run towards the BSC tournament and get to the dance.

With all due respect, you two should really get a private room and continue your clueless speculative conversation there -- for your own credibility sake. You clearly have no idea about what you are even criticizing nor what you think you are criticizing. This is/was a lockerroom issue involving student athletes and that's where it needs to stay.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

With all due respect, you two should really get a private room and continue your clueless speculative conversation there -- for your own credibility sake. You clearly have no idea about what you are even criticizing nor what you think you are criticizing. This is/was a lockerroom issue involving student athletes and that's where it needs to stay.  

With all due respect, we are talking about the current state of UND athletics outside of men's hockey and how it is unacceptable. This isn't only about WBB, the current state of the WBB team is just another symptom of what is wrong at UND with regard to our non-hockey athletic programs. And I think pointing out our overall Division I performance to date is not "clueless speculative conversation", it is pointing out problems that will not go away because some people on here want to wish them away or pretend they don't exist. I for one have had it up to my gills with the mediocrity in our non-hockey programs and I am sick of hearing why it has to be that way and that we should all just accept it and shut up. Because I will not do that. And remember, the opposite of love isn't hate, it is apathy. And that is what we must avoid.

• Upvote 2

i remember watching the gonzaga game at the betty a couple years back...we were new to d1 and they were fifty years in.  almost all their girls looked like madi buck (she was maybe a fresh or soph at the time)  and i was wondering how many yeas into d1 would all of our girls look like madi buck.  right now i can think maybe only lloyd and maybe szabla.  not enough imo..

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

1-3, and the Montana swing upcoming.

This could end badly... or be the start of the turn-around

The NBA hall-of-famer MSU added as an assistant coach makes them, to me even scarier than Montana.  Our long rise from the ashes may have to wait until next week to begin.

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

2 in a row for the women, coming away with a 63-56 win over NAU.

Next up, SUU

Yah, but man they made it tough considering at home and against a not very good team.  Very frustrating team considering they were picked to finish 2nd in BSC.  Dyer not good tonight, she missed like 3 or 4 three pointers with one air ball off by 2 feet.  She also drove the lane 3 or 4 times wildly in lots of traffic, in playground manner. Luckily once or twice she drew the foul but way out of control sometimes.  If not hitting long (at times she can get hot) she's a detriment.  Like her "balls" sometimes but she's gotta play under control.  Hope the young lady is healthy, heard a few folks say she looks "gaunt" (correct word/sp?).  Looks like Lloyd is back, back to back game with near or at 20 pts.  Good to see it.   Big Red and Lil Red, continue to disappoint following decent past few season.  Hope that changes for them and for the team.  Something still not right with this team, can't put finger on it.        

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Women even their Big Sky record to 4-4 now with a 68-56 win over SUU

UND was given a T at the start of the game. Can anybody elaborate on the circumstances? 

It was an administrative T because UND's equipment was deficient. The lights on  the basket would not light up when the the shot clock or the quarter expired. 

16 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

It was an administrative T because UND's equipment was deficient. The lights on  the basket would not light up when the the shot clock or the quarter expired. 

That basket's backboard was broken sometime Friday afternoon/night after or during a practice. No one reported it so the betty staff found it when they came to the building prior to yesterday's game. They were not sure they'd have it repaired by the 3PM start time, but got it done, apparently without checking the lights. Strange to be behind 2-0 before the opening tip-off.

48 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Grapevine says there is unrest on this team.  Several players might transfer.  Assistant coaches may be making it worse.

Can Brewster pull things together?

Winning isn't going to hurt. Team seems to be playing better the last week or two, hoping things are on an upward trend and stay that way. 

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 9:45 PM, SiouxVolley said:

Grapevine says there is unrest on this team.  Several players might transfer.  Assistant coaches may be making it worse.

Can Brewster pull things together?

I hate unconfirmed rumors that denigrate the team.

• Upvote 3