SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

Look on the bright side. Once Bubba is coach of Roughrider Football, he will be able to sell a new football brand and distance themselves from the stigma that the UND Sioux/No names are a bad team.

Honestly at this rate they won't have a name picked by the time the game is played....

Maybe we should just stop playing a team with such a ignorant fan base - ur alot like the gophers & I don't miss them at all

It's not ignorant if you can do it or have done it.  Now you guys have done nothing and are still comparing yourselves to the Bison. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

You mention 2001 around Darrell and you better find the guy a box of Kleenex and a private room.

Yep you got me there. UND had a brief period of 3 out of 4 years when they had more sucess, but I would not go on to say Dominate. NDSU was ranked #1 for a good period of 2000 and part of 2001 and very well would have a national championship in 2000 had they not closed the season with a 3rd string QB. Tough to say how 2001 would have turned out if injuries had not happened with Gordon. 2002 UND clearly had a better team. 2003 IMO was a joke. I still struggle to see how an 8-3 Bison team who had beat the #3 team in the FCS did not make the playoffs. UND had a better team that year, but I wouldn't go on to say they were dominate. They beat NDSU head and got the opportunity to play in the playoffs but there was not a more impressive win in D2 that year than NDSU beating Montana. That win did a lot more for the future success of NDSU football than UND making it to the D2 title game.

I still think Babich got the shaft. He had one bad season in 2002 and got the boot. Guy was a good coach.

The word you have been looking for is dominant. Dominant. This is like Boondock Saints when the moron detective says symbology.

It's not ignorant if you can do it or have done it. Now you guys have done nothing and are still comparing yourselves to the Bison.

Well Dan quite frankly I don't think you've done anything in regards to what the football team has done either.

• Upvote 1

Most normal fans of other teams do not daily frequent another team's site - unless there is something amiss - as has been pointed out it's pretty obvious these trolls have issues. Dudes get help if you are a troll and:

- you find yourself drawn to this site

- one of the first things you do every day is come to this site

- when you aren't on this site you think about this site 

- you check this site several times a day

- you have this site on your cell phone

- you get a rise out of posting to this site

Get a second job or even a first job, get out of the basement, talk to people in person. Go find some other fan site that would benefit from "the discussion and insight" you bring.  Try and go a couple of days without visiting here - it will get easier - you will find more productive things to fill that time. 

You think I should post this for your UND friends who post on an almost daily basis at  BV?  :bigsmile:

Oh that is definitely a fact. NDSU fans helped tremendously in ending that racist and abusive nickname.

Look on the bright side. Once Bubba is coach of Roughrider Football, he will be able to sell a new football brand and distance themselves from the stigma that the UND Sioux/No names are a bad team.

This sounds like the mantra of a known felon from the land of...lakes.

It is not even close the number of Bison trolls here vs UND posters on bisonswill.

And this surprises you? Ask yourself why this might be the case based upon the state of where our respective programs are at. Not condoning the trolls behavior at all, but it seems pretty obvious why the trolls and "attitude" are where it's at.

I still think Babich got the shaft. He had one bad season in 2002 and got the boot. Guy was a good coach.

Whoa, careful there. You could risk losing your Bison Rewards Card for saying anything positive about Babich. Obviously the guy couldn't coach, that's why he's spent over a decade in the NFL.

Seriously, Babich was twice the coach that Rocky was.

Oh, come on. You love having Bison fans post here and you know it. Honestly, hasn't this off-season been a lot more entertaining than last year's?

Boy aren't you full of yourself thinking we actually like you and some of the others coming here.  Oh wait....you are a Bison fan.....being full of yourself is the norm. In my opinion I wish most of you would go away.  We don't even get to talk about the game or have real conversations because you guys are here sticking out your chest on how good you are and how we have never beat anybody.   If none of you guys were here, we would have more honest conversations with ourselves.  We know we hit bottom at the end of the Muss era and are rebuilding. Some UND fans are overly optimistic in some of their predictions for this season, trust me some of us UND fans are realists and would counter some of those over optimistic expectations.  However we never have to do that internally because you guys are here EVERY.....SINGLE.......DAY.....to tell us how bad we are and have never done anything.  You guys try to make it sound like we have the football tradition of Augustana or something.    We do like a little bit of banter, but sorry to burst your bubble......but I think most of us....wish most of you would go away.

• Upvote 2

Whoa, careful there. You could risk losing your Bison Rewards Card for saying anything positive about Babich. Obviously the guy couldn't coach, that's why he's spent over a decade in the NFL.

If his team had not had horribly bad luck to significant players, you could be talking about a national title in 2000 and 2001. His 2002 season was bad but look at the players that were apart of the recruiting classes around then or young players in 2002. Steve Walker, Craig Dahl, Kyle Steffes, Joe Mays. All guys who would go on to be Bison legends and have two extremely successful seasons. Both inherited a ton of Babich talent.

I guess I do feel fortunate to be a fan of a program where mediocrity isn't tollerated. Craig Bohl is extremely lucky to have kept his job after 2009.

Rocky never went 2-8 or whatever that atrocious season was.. And won a natty... Or two. Coulda shoulda won another if not for the Beachy incident.

Rocky never went 2-8 or whatever that atrocious season was.. And won a natty... Or two. Coulda shoulda won another if not for the Beachy incident.

Babich left and has been in the NFL for close to 15 years and is currently a D coordinator. Rocky left and coached a team called Northeastern who dropped football and has never coached higher than high school again. Babich was not fired, resigned. Rocky was fired.

Babich brought the west coast offense and Tampa 2 defense to Fargo. Rocky kept trying to run the veer after it was clear it wasn't the offense of the future.

Babich made one mistake in trying to be his own offensive coordinator for the season and it backfired. He was not a bad coach.

Babich left and has been in the NFL for close to 15 years and is currently a D coordinator. Rocky left and coached a team called Northeastern who dropped football and has never coached higher than high school again. Babich was not fired, resigned. Rocky was fired.

Babich brought the west coast offense and Tampa 2 defense to Fargo. Rocky kept trying to run the veer after it was clear it wasn't the offense of the future.

Babich made one mistake in trying to be his own offensive coordinator for the season and it backfired. He was not a bad coach.

I'm not in the know... But I'm guessing Babich was told to leave. But you have a crush on him so you may know more about it.

The veer is a fine college offense.

Ga Southern - 10th in PPG.

Georgia Tech - 12th in PPG.

Navy. - 46th in PPG.

Air Force. - 51st in PPG.

Army sucks. - 91st.

4 teams out of 5 that run the option are in the top half. And two of those... Are service academies. The two non-service academy teams in particular are very effective.

The word you have been looking for is dominant. Dominant. This is like Boondock Saints when the moron detective says symbology.

Thank you!  Beat me to it. May need to post definitions and usage to  explain to the Alumni tho.. As a whole they aren't too bright

I'm not in the know... But I'm guessing Babich was told to leave. But you have a crush on him so you may know more about it.

The veer is a fine college offense.

Ga Southern - 10th in PPG.

Georgia Tech - 12th in PPG.

Navy. - 46th in PPG.

Air Force. - 51st in PPG.

Army sucks. - 91st.

4 teams out of 5 that run the option are in the top half. And two of those... Are service academies. The two non-service academy teams in particular are very effective.

1.) Georgia Southern no longer runs the triple option.

2.) Georgia Tech is rarely relevant and has never won a national championship.

3.) The last time the military schools were effective at winning national championships with that offense, we were just finishing winning a war against Germany.

There is a reason national championship teams no longer use it. Defenses are far faster and athletic than before and can effectively manage it. When teams use that offense and fall behind, it hard to come from behind. You have to be extremely deep and athletic at every position on the field in order to be effective with it.

1.) Georgia Southern no longer runs the triple option.

2.) Georgia Tech is rarely relevant and has never won a national championship.

3.) The last time the military schools were effective at winning national championships with that offense, we were just finishing winning a war against Germany.

There is a reason national championship teams no longer use it. Defenses are far faster and athletic than before and can effectively manage it. When teams use that offense and fall behind, it hard to come from behind. You have to be extremely deep and athletic at every position on the field in order to be effective with it.

Iowa played GT about 5 years ago in the Orange Bowl and killed GT who I think was a National leader in offense. Its not hard to defend. Its called assignment football.

I cant believe the little pup is bragging up the academies. They havent been notably successful in years-decades.

If it's not hard to defend why was gt the national leader in offense?

You need to know how to defend it and take the time to teach it. Its called assignment football. Your D has to be very very disciplined. If its an offense you only see once a year you arent going to be very good at defending for it unless you have ample time to prepare. Plus looking at some of the teams they played last year Im not impressed.