SiouxSports.com Forum

Fetch's Random Musings

The Sicatoka

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I nearly died last night - spent the night in Sanford Emergency  room - just got out & at my grandsons hockey game then home & watch Sioux tonight then back to Fargo for more grandson hockey then home again Sat. Night for Sioux Hockey - 21 blood sugar is not healthy or exactly how I want to die & watch Hockey from Heaven

I have a question about young talent

& if u could encourage them to be a certain way

Would u rather have a Schmaltz (playmaker)

Or Boeser can score with the best

Or the combo player that is good at all parts of the game (score - assist - play D like a Toews or Pairese - I see Cags this way also)

Do u think players get pushed into roles - or coached or do the really good ones see the need for all 3 & work at them all or is it just a talent that takes over in their younger yrs ? & just becomes who they were meant to be

Getter - Setter - Shooter

Look at WAS now with Oshie - Backstrom - Ovechkin: Oshie has gone into that getter role and WAS is now the best team in the NHL. At UND Oshie was a shooter (and in STL). 

Caggiula - Schmaltz - Boeser: Schmaltz is the setter, but depending on the night Caggiula and Boeser seem to swap back and forth between who's getting the puck and who's firing the puck. (See Boeser's board work in Western Michigan: pure getter.) 

I'd like to see well-rounded players, but some guys just are naturals at certain roles. 

Thanks - I need to try harder

I have been watching some really good young players growing up - it's pretty cool how they progress & come together - coaches are watching & bringing some of these kids together - I can see how it happens & is going to happen even faster as they continue to grow - I really believe u get better playing with better kids & playing for bether coaches - I still like the park board stuff but see how the good get better & Skating is key then puck handling now some of these kids are getting stronger on the puck & seeing the big picture of team work - how the good kids learn to use their skates like 2 more sticks & when these things click learning to deek the goalie & hit the open spots is so cool - I wish I was 10 again - it's a beautiful game 

• 4 weeks later...

The Seattle PD Twitter feed on this is pretty funny as is #ManInTree

. There will likely be traffic impacts in the area, but issue appears to be between the man and the tree.

(Emphasis added.)

It's all comic gold. :D

• 2 weeks later...

This is great FUNNY 

I have attended a lot of 10 yr old hockey games this winter & can see the benefit of this :D..........not really but it is something that is done by many of us in the crowd  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Fetch said:

This is great FUNNY 

I have attended a lot of 10 yr old hockey games this winter & can see the benefit of this :D..........not really but it is something that is done by many of us in the crowd  

I got to meet Fetch this afternoon at a youth hockey game. That was cool.