SiouxSports.com Forum

Eunice Davidson on internet talk radio

Fetch

just starting on the topic 

Then we will have freshman goalie from U.N.D. Cam Johnson joining us along with returning former UND captain Stephane (General) Pattyn and also returning Eunice Davidson author of Arent We Sioux Enough along with Sioux tribe elders Archie Foolbear and Frank Black Cloud to discuss recently uncovered hidden documents in the NCAA's deceitful efforts to hremove the long lasting tradition of the University of North Dakota's Indian Head Logo and the name The Fighting Sioux. 

Did they like any of the names? (Im guessing no name was the answer)

They want the Sioux name back, and believe it will happen? They have multiple tribes joining the fight against all NA names and logos being removed. They feel they are " being wiped out by the white man again ". They also got the sealed documents opened and it shows that 121 faculty members of UND pressured the NCAA and the SBOHE to go through with all of this by submitting their signatures. There's more to that, I'm sure it will come out in a couple days...if not already on Facebook. I don't Facebook.

Was everybody not already aware it was a small group of UND employees leading the charge against the Sioux name?

I just feel like Eunice and Archie and the rest are well intentioned but about a decade behind when it comes to information. 

• Upvote 1

They have been trying to get these documents opened for years and said this just happened. Maybe it wasn't about the UND faculty? They were very adamant about the importance of these documents and what they are going to show, I highly doubt what they are talking about was available a decade ago but they just didn't know how to get them!

• Downvote 1

They sure brought up great points about what is happening everywhere with NA names and logos. Probably too late for the Sioux name, but they are working with other tribes across the country to stop this from continuing with the rest...

Like the protests against the name in Cleveland and Washington?  Cleveland continues to move away from the imagery but Dan Snyder continues to keep his head in the sand.

• Upvote 1

Like the protests against the name in Cleveland and Washington?  Cleveland continues to move away from the imagery but Dan Snyder continues to keep his head in the sand.

I'm sure the NFL and Dan aren't shedding any tears as fans stock up on 'skins gear.  Sort of like how people, including me, bought up Sioux gear before it went away.