SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 Recruiting

UND Fan

• 2 weeks later...

Garret Franken 6'7 wing fwd prospect for Atlantic Iowa wrapped up his prep career as they fell to top rated Waverly 58-45 . Franken  game leading scorer for game bagged 21 points on 14 shots  along with 5 boards, 3 dimes and a game leading 4 steals... Prep scout out of Iowa indicated to me that Franken has a nice skill set for length and should be a productive player for UND by his 3rd year in system  as in red shirt soph year...also the kid has been a stock raiser in the last year

Garrett Franken, Atlantic (2017) — 21 points (6-14 FG, 1-4 3P, 8-10 FT), five rebounds, three assists, four steals

The future North Dakota Fighting Hawk showcased a little bit of everything in his arsenal in the Trojans’ quarterfinal loss. At 6-7, he’s an excellent ball handler who excels playing downhill. He did a nice job attacking the rim, getting into the paint and finishing with his length with either hand. A skilled playmaker, he’s a capable passer, can step out and hit from 3, and has the length and athleticism to defend multiple positions.

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:17 AM, hoops44 said:

Garrett Franken, Atlantic (2017) — 21 points (6-14 FG, 1-4 3P, 8-10 FT), five rebounds, three assists, four steals

The future North Dakota Fighting Hawk showcased a little bit of everything in his arsenal in the Trojans’ quarterfinal loss. At 6-7, he’s an excellent ball handler who excels playing downhill. He did a nice job attacking the rim, getting into the paint and finishing with his length with either hand. A skilled playmaker, he’s a capable passer, can step out and hit from 3, and has the length and athleticism to defend multiple positions.

Although it appears there is no chance of Franken winning, here is the link to vote for him for Iowa POY:

Vote him Iowa's Player of the Year! https://www.prephoops.com/2017/03/iowas-player-year-poll/  #iahsbkb

• 4 weeks later...

President Kennedy held a celebration with the team yesterday to recognize their Conference championship and trip to The Dance.  I was not there and don't know if anything was said.. but it would have been an opportune time to let the program know what future plans may be in store for coaching contracts.  Yes, I realize this does little for recruits but I am sure that they can be told just as well that there is a quiet offer on the table and that it can't be made official for a while to get farther beyond the program cutting news. I know nothing... just saying.  Optics is a b!tCh sometimes.

26 minutes ago, hoops44 said:

Cutting sports should not have anything to do with not having a coaching staff in place for the 17/18 season....Jones will not be getting the sun and the moon...and having a coach signed is not a luxury...more of a necessity

Who said that there isn't a staff in place or signed? I feel confident the team, recruits and anyone else who needs to know, has the knowledge they need. 

47 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Who said that there isn't a staff in place or signed? I feel confident the team, recruits and anyone else who needs to know, has the knowledge they need. 

I agree - I am sure everything is under control to the degree that recruiting is not being negatively impacted.