SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 Recruiting

UND Fan

• 2 weeks later...

Desean Eikens opened up the season last night for Williston with I believe 47 points and 25 rebounds.  Williston still lost to Belcourt though.  Feel bad for the kid.  Probably the best talent the ever come through North Dakota and his team stinks.

Edited by NewUNDAlum

• 1 month later...

I really didn't want to start another thread for this post, so figured this may be the best place to put it.  Mods feel free to move if it should go somewhere else.

Anyone see this kid from EGF play?  Pretty rare to see a 7th grader play/start for the Varsity in a school as big as EGF...

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/prep-sports/3923182-boys-basketball-sam-votava-starter-senior-high-age-13

36 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

I really didn't want to start another thread for this post, so figured this may be the best place to put it.  Mods feel free to move if it should go somewhere else.

Anyone see this kid from EGF play?  Pretty rare to see a 7th grader play/start for the Varsity in a school as big as EGF...

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/prep-sports/3923182-boys-basketball-sam-votava-starter-senior-high-age-13

Hmmm, his summer coach was Chad Walthall, HC of MSU-Moorhead.  A name that may be highly desired at UND if the position is open.  Maybe a connection that would keep the kid home in 5 years if he does keep developing into something special?? :)

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, UND92,96 said:

Sem and NDSU parted ways before the season started.  He will definitely not be attending NDSU, so I would think UND would have a great opportunity to land him.  

5 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Anybody seen this kid play?

That head coach name is quite familiar...

Ted Critchley is a good guy by talking with him during parent-teacher conferences (my son has him as a teacher), this is his first year at North and has a good coaching background.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/high-school-sports/3757936-fargo-north-hires-ted-critchley-new-boys-basketball-coach

Critchley completed his fifth season coaching boys basketball at Roseville (Minn.) High School this season and led the team to an appearance in the Minnesota Class 4A state basketball tournament.

Critchley also has coached at Blaine and Waseca. He is just the third coach in Minnesota high school basketball history to lead three different boys basketball teams to a state tournament.

Critchley’s record at Roseville was 105-37 with four seasons of 22 or more victories.

Just now, darell1976 said:

Ted Critchley is a good guy by talking with him during parent-teacher conferences (my son has him as a teacher), this is his first year at North and has a good coaching background.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/high-school-sports/3757936-fargo-north-hires-ted-critchley-new-boys-basketball-coach

His brother, who coaches girls at D-G-F now, was my coach when I was in high school back in Minnesota.  Both very passionate coaches and great individuals 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Osseo High School in Minneapolis has a starting guard named Allan Anderson.    .Osseo was undefeated this year   and Anderson is very good.      He looks just like our  former player Aaron Anderson (who is on our bench in some capacity this year).  Aaron was from Brooklyn Park.  Are they related and are we recruiting him? 

7 minutes ago, Risky said:

Osseo High School in Minneapolis has a starting guard named Allan Anderson.    .Osseo was undefeated this year   and Anderson is very good.      He looks just like our  former player Aaron Anderson (who is on our bench in some capacity this year).  Aaron was from Brooklyn Park.  Are they related and are we recruiting him? 

Yes

6 minutes ago, Risky said:

lil brother....PWO perhaps...pretty much a 6'  shooting guard

• 2 weeks later...

It appears we have offered Devin Wilson, a 6'6", 250 lb PF from Alabama.  He averaged 21 pts and 12 rebounds a game this last year.  Getting a horse like him would be great.  He has four offers, one from Jacksonville St, trying to determine who the other two are.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 11:21 PM, UND Fan said:

It appears we have offered Devin Wilson, a 6'6", 250 lb PF from Alabama.  He averaged 21 pts and 12 rebounds a game this last year.  Getting a horse like him would be great.  He has four offers, one from Jacksonville St, trying to determine who the other two are.

Apparently this was an offer from our FB program.  NDSU has also offered him.

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2015 at 0:20 PM, jdub27 said:

I've heard his talent level currently isn't at a D-1 level and he'd be a project player, but haven't seen him firsthand.  On the other hand, you can't teach height like that, especially in-state.  I'd assume he's on the radar.

He can't be any worse than Shanks (can he?) and he plays at D-1 level.

11 hours ago, GDPritch said:

He can't be any worse than Shanks (can he?) and he plays at D-1 level.

One had offers from Utah State, Drake, Colorado State, UNI, Utah, USC, Nebraska and UND. One has an offer from NDSU.

As with most kids that height that go to mid-majors, they obviously both need(ed) work coming out of high school. However, there is clearly a difference in what college coaches are seeing in terms of potential. Just like everything else, recruiting is a crapshoot, only time will tell how it pans out (for both players).

• Upvote 3