SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 NHL Season

iluvdebbies

7 minutes ago, jimdahl said:

Like the Pittsburgh/Caps game... will Holtby get the all-time goalie wins record (in a lot fewer starts than the incumbent)? Can Ovie average a goal per game to break 50 once again? Will the Penguins miss the playoffs for the first time since Syd's rookie season?

Probably.
Probably.
No.

No other hockey on tonight, eh? ;)

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Probably.
Probably.
No.

No other hockey on tonight, eh? ;)

I'm a pessimist - I would've said probably tie, no, and no. Ovie's been hot lately, but 3 goals in 3 games is still a tall order.

But you're right, I probably will have to turn away at 8:30.

2 minutes ago, jimdahl said:

Ovie's been hot lately, but 3 goals in 3 games is a tall order.

Do not underestimate the Power of the Ovie. His mark is the "infinity" symbol pointing heavens-ward. He wears it on his back and it expresses his power. Only Chuck Norris and the guy who just retired to Mars surpass the Power of the Ovie. :D

More seriously, guys will be dishing him the puck more than usual (if that's possible). 

• 2 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:22 AM, MafiaMan said:

So long, Mr. Hockey.  Detroit loves you and we'll miss you.  :(

Didn't he play in the NHL (or WHL/WHA) at the age of 50 and with some success?  I mean, that is incredible--it boggles the mind if correct.  Not a normal human. 

8 hours ago, GDPritch said:

Didn't he play in the NHL (or WHL/WHA) at the age of 50 and with some success?  I mean, that is incredible--it boggles the mind if correct.  Not a normal human. 

Gordie was with Detroit from 1946-1971.  He also played with Houston and New England/Hartford.    

Not related to the 15-16 season however the Hawks just traded bickell (his contract) and Teuvo Teravainen.  Teuvo was supposed to be a part of their future.  I know everyone has been saying Schmaltz is coming back (and I've actually heard from some very very close sources that he's coming back, albeit over a month ago) however given the length of time he's had to note he's coming back and given that there will probably be an open spot (or two) for him on this year's Hawks team.....I wouldn't be shocked at all if he signs.

11 hours ago, DaveK said:

I'm so glad he doesn't play for my favorite team. Beats up cab drivers and sexually assaults women, dude has hockey skills but not a good person and not somebody that I could bring myself to cheer for.

Really?  For some reason I thought he never faced charges over this, and it turned out that the woman's story was full of holes, inconsistencies and lies and there was no physical evidence to show that this happened.  Maybe I'm wrong on this, but that's a pretty big statement against someone who was never convicted of what you're accusing.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Ray77 said:

Really?  For some reason I thought he never faced charges over this, and it turned out that the woman's story was full of holes, inconsistencies and lies and there was no physical evidence to show that this happened.  Maybe I'm wrong on this, but that's a pretty big statement against someone who was never convicted of what you're accusing.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good DaveK rant. :)

• Upvote 2