SiouxSports.com Forum

"New Americans" what do they bring to the table in the region

Redneksioux

Islam has a Jihadist streak in it.  How long will liberals and progressives deny the obvious because it doesn't fit their secular and progressive agenda?

When one labels the slaughter of those in Paris as a "setback" you can officially be classified as clueless.

• Upvote 1

University of Minnesota Student Government has apparently passed a resolution to no longer remember/"celebrate" 9/11.

Too much USA Patriotism for them. Don't want to offend anyone.

17 states have now said "not here" to Syrian refugees but MN has said "we'll take em". The U of M doesn't want to offend anyone by recognizing 9/11 but being a state that has produced more home grown terrorists than almost any other state says it say "welcome here".  Makes sense to me.........

• Upvote 2

17 states have now said "not here" to Syrian refugees but MN has said "we'll take em". The U of M doesn't want to offend anyone by recognizing 9/11 but being a state that has produced more home grown terrorists than almost any other state says it say "welcome here".  Makes sense to me.........

Gov hickenpooper said Colorado will still welcome them.

I fully expected the UofM to not recognize Veterans Day next and just another school day.

Bring in Syrian, Assyrian, and Chalderean Christians that are threatened by Isis.  Obama has been blocking these people from emigrating, but North Dakota welcomed some of them 100 years ago.  They would be very productive.

Explain how obama is blocking the christains from emigrating.  I understand that many of those ountries have a christain population of 10- 12%.  Not a good situation for them obviously.

Explain how obama is blocking the christains from emigrating.  I understand that many of those ountries have a christain population of 10- 12%.  Not a good situation for them obviously.

USA policy is to only allow refugees that are persecuted by their own government.  Christians and Yazidis are not persecuted by Iraq or Assad Syrian, so they are not allowed in.  The US does not recognize ISIS as a legitimate government, and ISIS is the one enslaving, raping  and killing Christian and Yazidis.  Christians and Yazidis from that part of the world are deported if they make it to the US because they don't fit in the rules for refugees. The magazine  Human Events explained this whole conundrum.  Obama can make exceptions but has refused.

• Upvote 2

USA policy is to only allow refugees that are persecuted by their own government.  Christians and Yazidis are not persecuted by Iraq or Assad Syrian, so they are not allowed in.  The US does not recognize ISIS as a legitimate government, and ISIS is the one enslaving, raping  and killing Christian and Yazidis.  Christians and Yazidis from that part of the world are deported if they make it to the US because they don't fit in the rules for refugees. The magazine  Human Events explained this whole conundrum.  Obama can make exceptions but has refused.

OK, thanks.  I wasn't doubting you, just wanted to know how this would be happening.  I know at least one christain from the mideast that is here now and I'd welcome a lot more if they're all similiar to him.

Islam has a Jihadist streak in it.  How long will liberals and progressives deny the obvious because it doesn't fit their secular and progressive agenda?

I am extremely conservative in my views....and still find this thread pretty borderline.  I get it, but it's still kind of sickening.