SiouxSports.com Forum

2017-2018 Recruiting

UND Fan

• 1 month later...
On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:15 PM, UND Fan said:

New offer:

SF Shandon Goldman, 6'9", 215, Evansville, AR

Graduated HS in '16, spent Fr year at Little Rock before transferring to Panola College in TX.  He has started 12 of 17 games and is averaging 8.5 pts and 5.8 rebounds.  We could sure use some more size/rebounding but he is listed as a small forward.  He has scored no points in two of his last five games - scary!   He does have offers from Hartford, Marist, Canisius & Lamar.

Goldman has verballed to UNI.

• 2 weeks later...

New offer to another Iowan:

F Tra'Von Fagan, 6'8", 200, Waterloo (Florida Southwestern State College), IA   FSSC finished the season ranked as the No. 2 JC  team in the country.  They ended up 32-3 after losing in the second round of the national tourney.  Fagan is apparently eligible to transfer after his freshman year.  He averaged about 10 pts and 8 rebounds per game but only played about 14 minutes per game (which is very low).  I suppose that may have been because the team was very talented and won many games quite easily.  .  

11 hours ago, UND Fan said:

F Tra'Von Fagan, 6'8", 200, Waterloo (Florida Southwestern State College), IA   FSSC finished the season ranked as the No. 2 JC  team in the country.  They ended up 32-3 after losing in the second round of the national tourney.  Fagan is apparently eligible to transfer after his freshman year.  He averaged about 10 pts and 8 rebounds per game but only played about 14 minutes per game (which is very low).  I suppose that may have been because the team was very talented and won many games quite easily.  .  

So what does this mean for the current roster? How many scholarships are available? Is someone else leaving the team possibly? 

• 3 weeks later...

Hazekamp's bio sounds a lot like Franken last year but I expect him to be better.  I don't think he had any other offers which is a bit concerning.  

Schmidt probably has some great upside but will be a project.

I expected one of the guards not to be back but I may be wrong.  We may be looking to add another player.

11 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

Hazekamp's bio sounds a lot like Franken last year but I expect him to be better.  I don't think he had any other offers which is a bit concerning.  

Schmidt probably has some great upside but will be a project.

I expected one of the guards not to be back but I may be wrong.  We may be looking to add another player.

Geno, Marlon, Seales, Tray, Jafar, Moody, Brown.

That is a lot of players to try and give 120 minutes to, given that Geno, Marlon and Seales will take the bulk of the minutes. Add in Jaqwan, who will take minutes at the 3 as well as the 4, and that is even less for the last 4 players on my list.

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:39 PM, UND Fan said:

Fagan will play at Buffalo.

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:53 PM, UND Fan said:

We have offered Kendall Moore, a 5'10", PG from Danville, IL.  He averaged just under 21 PPG as a senior.  Moore recently decommitted from Drake.  He has offers from Kent St, UW - Mil & WIU

Moore will play at CSU. 

• 2 weeks later...

dAnother offer to a guard for next season:

G Bentiu Panoam, 6'1', Anchorage. AK  Played last year at NW Kansas Tech.  Averaged just under 11 points but shot 47% on 3's.  Has three years of eligibility remaining.  Has offer from Southern

42 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

I do not know but I wouldn’t be too surprised if either Buchanan or Kinsey would not return.

I think it'd be a bit of a surprise if Buchanan left considering his ties to Bijiek, but it does seem like someone either won't be back or won't have a scholarship that previously did.

If there is going to be one more opening:

With the glut at guard right now, unless it is a major loss, I would rather see them do this

1) A big with one year left (Dale Jones route)

2)A transfer guard that can help in 19-20 (Marlon Stewart route)

• Upvote 1

On 5/6/2018 at 9:18 PM, UND Fan said:

dAnother offer to a guard for next season:

G Bentiu Panoam, 6'1', Anchorage. AK  Played last year at NW Kansas Tech.  Averaged just under 11 points but shot 47% on 3's.  Has three years of eligibility remaining.  Has offer from Southern