SiouxSports.com Forum

2017-2018 Recruiting

UND Fan

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 10:08 AM, UND Fan said:

New offer:

A J Green, 6'1", 160, Cedar Falls (Cedar Falls), IA   Had offers from SDSU, UNI, UM (not sure if the UM offer was still valid) & VA 

Jake got a good one here - Green will attend UNI.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/18/2016 at 0:00 AM, UND Fan said:

Another IA offer:

SF Elijah Hazekamp, 6'6", 185, Sioux City (Bishop Heelan), IA  First DI offer 

As noted over on the '18-'19 recruiting thread, we have received a verbal from Hazekamp.  This confuses me as it was my understanding (from a reliable source) that we only had one scholarship available for next year and it was reserved for a "big".  Hazekamp certainly isn't a big.  We need to find some size!!

2 hours ago, UND Fan said:

As noted over on the '18-'19 recruiting thread, we have received a verbal from Hazekamp.  This confuses me as it was my understanding (from a reliable source) that we only had one scholarship available for next year and it was reserved for a "big".  Hazekamp certainly isn't a big.  We need to find some size!!

prospects for getting big at this time were poor....Looking at a big juco from Texas... Pretty good shot of a another spot opening by March/April...Geno and Kinsey are a potential grad transfers, one of the young guards may not see much a PT future at UND and the coaches may encouraged one to look elsewhere

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Geno is high risk to leave.  Hearing he wants to go pro though.

He would have to 1st be on schedule to earn a degree by May.  I certianly don’t know if he is or not.  But if he isn’t as many student athletes in today’s college world do it in 5, then there isn’t anything to really worry about, cause he can’t get a graduate trasfer, without a under grad degree.  I’m not sure if any of us know the answer to that question definitively.  And he did redshirt, so he can’t transfer and burn a redshirt year...its already been used. 

10 hours ago, the green team said:

He would have to 1st be on schedule to earn a degree by May.  I certianly don’t know if he is or not.  But if he isn’t as many student athletes in today’s college world do it in 5, then there isn’t anything to really worry about, cause he can’t get a graduate trasfer, without a under grad degree.  I’m not sure if any of us know the answer to that question definitively.  And he did redshirt, so he can’t transfer and burn a redshirt year...its already been used. 

I believe the athlete has the ability to earn their degree in summer school after his four years at a school.  That benefits someone who is only a few credits short after the spring semester. 

Hopefully seeing that Q got a shot will help him realize that if you have enough talent, you will be found. 

That being said, @the green team had it right, he has to be on track to graduate in 4 years plus go to a school that and enroll in a graduate program not offered at UND. His major is listed as general studies, so I guess if he wanted to find a grad degree not offered here, it is pretty wide open as to what he could pick. I don't think he's going anywhere, but I guess it is just more drama to throw around, which certain contributors seem to thrive on.

• Upvote 2

On 11/15/2017 at 12:10 AM, SiouxVolley said:

There was a message posted on another board that UND may sign two or three other recruits that have offers to go to much higher schools.

If you're going to put this out here, could you please back it up with the link? Kind of leaves the speculation wide open without it.

• Upvote 2