SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Sports TV Options

siouxfan512

It appears they are using UND hockey and its fans as a way to help them negotiate their contract with Directv (or was is Dish?)

They are running ads saying something about UND hockey on ABC call the satellite company and make sure you can still get the games.

I was like "Wait, what?! I've never seen a UND hockey game on ABC in years..."

Hey, whatever it takes...

Seriously on Directv? When? Is this possible?

it should be available now. I know most won't consider them a real rsn but they are showing the asn college hockey games, local high school sports, and college football/hunting shows on the weekends. I know they consider themselves a regional sports network now. Just available locally though for the grand forks/Fargo markets.

it should be available now. I know most won't consider them a real rsn but they are showing the asn college hockey games, local high school sports, and college football/hunting shows on the weekends. I know they consider themselves a regional sports network now. Just available locally though for the grand forks/Fargo markets.

I have Directv in Fargo, any idea what channel(s) this would be?

That's a completely different agreement than being an RSN.  They're a local station which has contracts with Dish/DirecTV/Midco to carry their channels.  DirecTV has those with all 210 markets in the US.  

Just a quick question as a first year nchc tv subscriber. I have my laptop hooked up to my tv. I watched the bemidji game on demand sunday. It's runs smooth and picture looks great but noticed when the centre ice cam is zoomed out the picture looks like it's stuttering almost like the picture is skipping some frames. Is this normal or is this likely something to do with my computer. My internet download rate is around 50 Mbps 

Just a quick question as a first year nchc tv subscriber. I have my laptop hooked up to my tv. I watched the bemidji game on demand sunday. It's runs smooth and picture looks great but noticed when the centre ice cam is zoomed out the picture looks like it's stuttering almost like the picture is skipping some frames. Is this normal or is this likely something to do with my computer. My internet download rate is around 50 Mbps 

Everybody's set up is going to be different (ISP, modem, router, laptop, cabling, TV, etc.), but I tried connecting my computer to my new-ish Samsung TV once last season and it was okay by 1980s standards but utterly unwatchable by today's HDTV standards.  I think the larger screen just amplifies the unavoidable imperfections in the feed.  We huddle around the laptop for NCHC webcasts.

It's frustrating because the TV can stream wireless HD Netflix flawlessly.  Maybe if the TV's browser could handle NCHC.tv, that would be an improvement.

Does anybody know if the system requirements for NCHC have expanded to include built-in TV browsers?  As of last year, Samsung smart TV's were not compatible.

• 4 weeks later...

My MIDCO channel guide shows that FSN has Friday's game (which I knew about) and that MIDCO Sports  has the Saturday game, which I did not have written down. Anybody know if the Saturday game is a late addition, or did I miss it, or is it a mistake on the channel guide?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
3 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

I read somewhere within the last couple months that und hockey might be available this next season on Hulu or Apple TV.

does anyone have any details?

Allegedly they are working on a deal with ROKU but no updates yet.

4 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

I read somewhere within the last couple months that und hockey might be available this next season on Hulu or Apple TV.

does anyone have any details?

It won't be Hulu. What the NCHC is looking into is creating an App that would be available to those with Apple TV or a Roku that will allow easier viewing for those with those devices, but have not yet heard an update on the progress of that. I, personally am crossing my fingers. 

10 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

It won't be Hulu. What the NCHC is looking into is creating an App that would be available to those with Apple TV or a Roku that will allow easier viewing for those with those devices, but have not yet heard an update on the progress of that. I, personally am crossing my fingers. 

This past year, for a couple of games, I watched NCHC TV. I connected my iPad Mini to my television via a HDMI cable. It worked awesome.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Goon said:

This past year, for a couple of games, I watched NCHC TV. I connected my iPad Mini to my television via a HDMI cable. It worked awesome.

I prefer if the games were available on a Roku because I don't need the cable to watch the games on my TV :) 

• Upvote 2