SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Sports TV Options

siouxfan512

I'm pretty sure if the games were to make fcs, midco would need to make the games available to fcs and fcs wouldn't pay them. Midco scambles their feed because they don't want a couple hundred people nationwide pulling in the games with their fta satellites without being paid. I doubt midco wants to share their broadcasts with millions with no reimbursement.

Yep. It's a sh*t deal. No way around it. How many years are left in the CBS Sports Net contract? The league should start looking for alternatives. I love the crew the does the CBS Sports games but not that much.

Also don't get why the bloody hell Notre Dame's crappy hockey team needs more air time when they already have NBC Sports Network airing their games.

It's a great deal for the conference... who made the deal.  Every team gets at least one game, which is the goal of the conference.  Just because UND isn't on all 11 games, doesn't mean it's a crap deal.

And because the season is only 2 weeks away, Fox is unlikely to pick up anything until the second half.  Terrible TV deal.

Incredibly false.

I'm pretty sure if the games were to make fcs, midco would need to make the games available to fcs and fcs wouldn't pay them. Midco scambles their feed because they don't want a couple hundred people nationwide pulling in the games with their fta satellites without being paid. I doubt midco wants to share their broadcasts with millions with no reimbursement.

Midco didn't give their feed to FCS as much last year because they're building out in Fargo.  CableOne subscribers who are big UND hockey fans (a lot in Fargo) would have no incentive to change to Midco.  I know it's difficult to understand that a business would make a decision in favor of its own business while still providing a service to all of it's paying customers.  Midco doesn't care about not getting paid for FCS games.  They care about those games being available to a competing cable franchise within Fargo.

Edited by southpaw

Midco didn't give their feed to FCS as much last year because they're building out in Fargo.  CableOne subscribers who are big UND hockey fans (a lot in Fargo) would have no incentive to change to Midco.  I know it's difficult to understand that a business would make a decision in favor of its own business while still providing a service to all of it's paying customers.  Midco doesn't care about not getting paid for FCS games.  They care about those games being available to a competing cable franchise within Fargo.

Someone needs to tell Midco they don't need any additional competitive advantage over CableOne.  CableOne blows.

• Upvote 1

It's a great deal for the conference... who made the deal.  Every team gets at least one game, which is the goal of the conference.  Just because UND isn't on all 11 games, doesn't mean it's a crap deal.

Incredibly false.

It's not difficult to understand. It's just a sad deal compared to what Sioux fans across the state and country used to have. Und made the deal. For some $$$ they tmade the trade for less viewership.

What did everyone else get charged from NCHC.tv?  There was supposed to be a deal where we received last year's dues.  I was charged $89.99, I could have swore it was cheaper than that.

I was charged the same, and forwarded them an email from last month where they quoted 81.95, politely asking for clarification about the discrepancy.  No reply yet. NCHCtv@neulion.com is the customer service email.

What did everyone else get charged from NCHC.tv?  There was supposed to be a deal where we received last year's dues.  I was charged $89.99, I could have swore it was cheaper than that.

My renew date isn't until 9/27, so I'm waiting and expecting a charge that is inconsistent with what they have told me.  I had the all-conference package last year and was charged around $80.  This year they have the all-conference package for $90 or single schools for $80.  I emailed and asked what I would be renewed for and they said I would be automatically renewed for $81.95.  We'll see though.  

I was charged the same, and forwarded them an email from last month where they quoted 81.95, politely asking for clarification about the discrepancy.  No reply yet. NCHCtv@neulion.com is the customer service email.

I just got a reply, they are refunding me $8.  Sneaky.

Thanks for pointing this out!  I forgot to go back and check on that.  They also charged me $89.95 after telling me it would be $81.  Email has been sent to them.

I just noticed I was charged $89.95 as well. Email has been sent to them as well. Thanks for posting. I never would have caught it which is what they are counting on I'm sure.

I'm looking at paying for NCHC.tv and started doing some research. I'm hoping the community can provide some answers that I couldn't find elsewhere.

1. Is the service reliable and high quality?
2. How can I view games, i.e. is it an "app" on my smartTV, is it only on a PC, is it only on a smartphone?
3. Does a subscription enable me to watch it on 2 devices simultaneously, e.g. at home on my smartTV and on the road over my smartphone?

TIA

I'm looking at paying for NCHC.tv and started doing some research. I'm hoping the community can provide some answers that I couldn't find elsewhere.

1. Is the service reliable and high quality?  Yes, the stream is good.  The quality of the video depends on which school is producing the game.
2. How can I view games, i.e. is it an "app" on my smartTV, is it only on a PC, is it only on a smartphone?  You can do it on PC or Mobile by going to nchc.tv in your browser.  The app does not work at this point, I believe.
3. Does a subscription enable me to watch it on 2 devices simultaneously, e.g. at home on my smartTV and on the road over my smartphone?  No, it is designed to only be watched on one device at a time.  It will kick you off one device if you try and connect in two places.

TIA

Thanks.  That is great information.

I have a web browser on my LG TV.  I wonder if that will work.  Any insight?

I tried it last year and it didn't work.  Although it may have been upgraded this year, so give it a shot on Monday.  Otherwise, if you can, just chrome cast from your laptop or phone

Midco is ripping up ground in our south Fargo neighborhood as I type this…not sure what the timeline is before it is available but I was super excited to see the equipment show up….I am guessing it will be done before freeze up the sooner I can drop CableOne the better….

Midco is ripping up ground in our south Fargo neighborhood as I type this…not sure what the timeline is before it is available but I was super excited to see the equipment show up….I am guessing it will be done before freeze up the sooner I can drop CableOne the better….

My brother-in-law who lives in south Fargo feels the same way.

This is a shot in the dark but.....

wdaz weather channel 8.3 has been showing more and more content. Most recently I've notice they are picking up raycom sports football saturdays as well as wildlife pursuit. I wonder if they will be making a push to pick up some games....maybe the asn games?

channel 8.3 is picked up in northeast nd with a set of rabbit ears!

http://www.inforum.com/sports/3851740-wdayz-xtra-carry-und-and-high-school-hockey-games

not new news but I just saw this!!!!!

Edited by Redneksioux

It appears they are using UND hockey and its fans as a way to help them negotiate their contract with Directv (or was is Dish?)

They are running ads saying something about UND hockey on ABC call the satellite company and make sure you can still get the games.

I was like "Wait, what?! I've never seen a UND hockey game on ABC in years..."