SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Sports TV Options

siouxfan512

• 3 years later...

1 hour ago, Goon said:

I would imagine we’ll see that deal extended after this season. 

Do you have a better option?   WDAY featured BISON DAY on their nightly newcast tonight to introduce their "BROADCAST TEAM" as the NEW HOME of the Bison.

--DOM IZZO - an elderly hack who's retired to his basement studio during Covid will bravely return to do Play by Play (YAWN!)

- The other ON-AIR Sports guy you've never heard of.   Nice hair though

- Some female reporter they found who has marginal NFL experience.   We all know NDSU=NFL so there you go.

- Another body TBD

They had their news anchors make the annoucements in a train wreck live news broadcast.   TASTY DEBUT 'DAY!  Can't wait to see the LIVE BROADCASTS - KVLY has a 300 page thread bitching about their crappy production - I suspect WDAY will top that HANDILY in less than a year.

Just now, gfNDfan said:

Do you have a better option?   WDAY featured BISON DAY on their nightly newcast tonight to introduce their "BROADCAST TEAM" as the NEW HOME of the Bison.

--DOM IZZO - an elderly hack who's retired to his basement studio during Covid will bravely return to do Play by Play (YAWN!)

- Some female reporter they found who has marginal NFL experience.   We all know NDSU=NFL so there you go.

- Another body TBD

They had their news anchors make the annoucements in a train wreck live news broadcast.   TASTY DEBUT 'DAY!  Can't wait to see the LIVE BROADCASTS - KVLY has a 300 page thread bitching about their crappy production - I suspect WDAY will top that HANDILY in less than a year.

Seriously BEST OF LUCK though....

1 minute ago, gfNDfan said:

- Another body TBD

part that really ticks me off is that I'm sure they'll be preempting plenty of big time cfb coverage for that crap.

11 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Thanks.  I thought they had a more recent extension so no wonder I couldnt find anything!

11 hours ago, Blackheart said:

So the Midco deal is about done?

10 hours ago, Goon said:

I would imagine we’ll see that deal extended after this season. 

Contract is good through the 2021-22 broadcast season.  I, too, believe/hope Midco contract is extended in the next year.

• Upvote 3

On 8/13/2021 at 6:19 AM, Yote 53 said:

Why wouldn't it be?  What else does Midco have for programming other than the Dakota college sports?  

I don't think there's any reason to think they wouldn't renew the contract, unless FSN/Bally made some type of unexpected offer.  There is somewhat of an existing relationship there, as they have aired a bunch of UND basketball/volleyball games, and they already air some NCHC hockey as well.

I was more interested to see what the new UND/Midco contract looks like, or will look like, as we are getting about 300k per year from them.  Curious to see how much that changes.  Was also more curious about the learfield contract, because I don't know how our contract with them is structured, and they haven't done much for licensing since we began working with them, imo.   

I wouldn’t hold your breath

Heard chaves isn’t good at being progressive like faison was and not as good negotiator

chaves feels content and wants to work till he can retire here

where faison wasn’t afraid of risks rewards as he knew this was last big time job

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, gfhockey said:

I wouldn’t hold your breath

Heard chaves isn’t good at being progressive like faison was and not as good negotiator

chaves feels content and wants to work till he can retire here

where faison wasn’t afraid of risks rewards as he knew this was last big time job

Interesting (though I disagree).

Doesn't UND contract with Learfield to help negotiate those contracts? 

21 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Interesting (though I disagree).

Doesn't UND contract with Learfield to help negotiate those contracts? 

Wouldn't Tim Hennessy be the one to ask on that question? He might know. 

14 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Pretty sure Tim is hired by Learfield. Maybe he'd have insight into the media rights but it isn't the first place I'd be checking. 

I would agree, I was kind of spit balling there.