SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Sports TV Options

siouxfan512

I meant lesser as in no significant broadcast packages, although a couple of those schools also tend to be lower in the standings :)

The schools that get ASN on some channel are CC, DU, WMU, SCSU, Miami, UNO.

My guess is we'll see a lot more of everyone but DU and SCSU at home.

I was just kidding, It will directly effect Miami.  Miami, Western Michigan, and Omaha all have Sinclair TV Stations surrounding them so I would think that we will get the brunt of the Sinclair ASN games.

Here is a map of Sinclair owned TV stations that must play ASN games if directed to by Sinclair.  Sinclair also syndicates games to non-Sinclair owned TV stations and regional sports networks like Altitude, Root, Comcast Sports, etc... so by no means is this the final distribution map, just the Sinclair TV stations that they make cover it at a minimum.

http://sbgi.net/tv-stations/

This should turn out to be a good season TV coverage-wise and quality wise for NCHC.tv.  Miami just got their ESPN3 production truck so our broadcasts on NCHC.tv should be top-notch even if they are not already covered by ASN or Time Warner Sports Channel.

Edited by #MACtion
  • Upvote 1

I was just kidding, It will directly effect Miami.  Miami, Western Michigan, and Omaha all have Sinclair TV Stations surrounding them so I would think that we will get the brunt of the Sinclair ASN games.

Here is a map of Sinclair owned TV stations that must play ASN games if directed to by Sinclair.  Sinclair also syndicates games to non-Sinclair owned TV stations and regional sports networks like Altitude, Root, Comcast Sports, etc... so by no means is this the final distribution map, just the Sinclair TV stations that they make cover it at a minimum.

http://sbgi.net/tv-stations/

This should turn out to be a good season TV coverage-wise and quality wise for NCHC.tv.  Miami just got their ESPN3 production truck so our broadcasts on NCHC.tv should be top-notch even if they are not already covered by ASN or Time Warner Sports Channel.

Over the past two seasons, I can say that the worst NCHC.TV broadcasts have been WMU, MU and UNO. I watched all three and I was less than impressed with the quality. The other ones seems to be watchable and decent.

Over the past two seasons, I can say that the worst NCHC.TV broadcasts have been WMU, MU and UNO. I watched all three and I was less than impressed with the quality. The other ones seems to be watchable and decent.

UNO was sending it's scoreboard feed.  With their new arena they may be doing their own broadcast this year however even in a town the size of Omaha, quality crew members can get stretched thin with an in-house video board, an online stream, and creighton events.  Will be interesting to see if things improve.

Miami needs to teach their director to not switch to the tight cam in the middle of action during a scramble around the net.  Too jarring and makes it impossible to edit for highlights.  They have replay, so just stay wide until the play is over, then let's see the tight cam and a corner or overhead while they setup for the faceoff.

WMU and CC just don't know how to do a production at all.  They can't white balance their cameras so they match, whomever is shooting tight clearly hasn't been doing it long as they tend to be just slightly zoomed in vs a wide cam.  The directors don't understand when to switch cameras as they do it randomly throughout the game.  When it takes a viewer a little more than a second to figure out what they're watching on a camera change, we don't need a slightly zoomed in version of the same shot as a guy skates across center ice.

UNO was sending it's scoreboard feed.  With their new arena they may be doing their own broadcast this year however even in a town the size of Omaha, quality crew members can get stretched thin with an in-house video board, an online stream, and creighton events.  Will be interesting to see if things improve.

Miami needs to teach their director to not switch to the tight cam in the middle of action during a scramble around the net.  Too jarring and makes it impossible to edit for highlights.  They have replay, so just stay wide until the play is over, then let's see the tight cam and a corner or overhead while they setup for the faceoff.

WMU and CC just don't know how to do a production at all.  They can't white balance their cameras so they match, whomever is shooting tight clearly hasn't been doing it long as they tend to be just slightly zoomed in vs a wide cam.  The directors don't understand when to switch cameras as they do it randomly throughout the game.  When it takes a viewer a little more than a second to figure out what they're watching on a camera change, we don't need a slightly zoomed in version of the same shot as a guy skates across center ice.

That's why we have tech guys like you that can educate them. Which by the way, I appreciate these people's talents.

So here is a technical question for the folks at nchc.tv.  I've noticed that the web version quality of the picture of the replay highlights shown on productions like coaches corner or UND sports zone are very clear HD, yet the full game replay is that of the original feed.  While I realize that there is a limit to the quality of the feed when you're dealing with real time I'm wondering if the folks at NCHC TV / und sports could provide a replay option which has comprable quality to those clips we see on the sports shows which I mentioned?

I see that MIDCO announced the telecast schedules of UND FB, MBB, WBB, and VB. I know that usually all home men's hockey games are televised, but there has been variations. When will the finalized schedule for both men's and women's hockey be announced?

I see that MIDCO announced the telecast schedules of UND FB, MBB, WBB, and VB. I know that usually all home men's hockey games are televised, but there has been variations. When will the finalized schedule for both men's and women's hockey be announced?

Most likely after CBSSN announces their schedule. Its somewhat of a big man goes first situation...national goes first, regional second, third-tier third. For example, now that we have the midco schedule for vb, mbb, and wbb, i'm sure the announcement for the fox sports north games isn't far behind.

Most likely after CBSSN announces their schedule. Its somewhat of a big man goes first situation...national goes first, regional second, third-tier third. For example, now that we have the midco schedule for vb, mbb, and wbb, i'm sure the announcement for the fox sports north games isn't far behind.

Thanks. I guess that makes sense. I'm just kind of anxious to know so I can pencil them in on my calendar so I can avoid conflicts, if possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the American Sports Network games I found on their website:  http://americansportsnet.com/schedule/

12/4/2015

Hockey (M)

Miami (Oh)

Colorado College

9:00 pm ET

12/12/2015Hockey (M)Colorado CollegeWestern Michigan7:00 pm ET
1/15/2016Hockey (M)Western MichiganDenver9:30 pm ET
1/30/2016Hockey (M)North DakotaWestern Michigan8:00 pm ET
2/18/2016Hockey (M)DenverColorado College9:00 pm ET
2/27/2016Hockey (M)North DakotaOmaha8:00 pm ET
3/5/2016Hockey (M)St. Cloud StateColorado College8:30 pm ET
  • Upvote 2

Western Michigan has their ESPN3 truck ready for hockey season....  should be a good season for TV coverage and NCHC.tv

"Coming in November, Bronco Productions will present live event webcasts over the ESPN3 platform. The WMU Division of Intercollegiate Athletics has invested in a new production trailer run under the direction of Assistant Athletic Director for Multimedia and Broadcasting Will Posthumus."

http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.ssf/2015/08/wmu_athletics_announces_broadc.html#incart_river

Wdaz 8.3 (their weather channel) is currently showing the acc network wofford vs Clemson in hd. I'm still hopeful they will find a way to make this the future undsn;) or at least show some games here.  The games scheduled for asn still won't be viewable in eastern nd and I think channel 8.3 would be a great home for a handful of nchc games:)

Edited by Redneksioux

I sure wish CBSSports would come out with their schedule so MIDCO could come out with theirs.

CBS Sports Network didn't release their 2014-2015 NCHC hockey schedule until Sept. 24th, 2014. So I'm guessing we will be hearing something in the next 2-3 weeks? Hopefully sooner....

Edited by SiouxFanatic

Western Michigan has their ESPN3 truck ready for hockey season....  should be a good season for TV coverage and NCHC.tv

"Coming in November, Bronco Productions will present live event webcasts over the ESPN3 platform. The WMU Division of Intercollegiate Athletics has invested in a new production trailer run under the direction of Assistant Athletic Director for Multimedia and Broadcasting Will Posthumus."

http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.ssf/2015/08/wmu_athletics_announces_broadc.html#incart_river

Will your games be aired on ESPN3 and not NCHC.TV?

If NCHC.TV, are you sure ESPN will allow you to use their equipment for hockey games?

Will your games be aired on ESPN3 and not NCHC.TV?

If NCHC.TV, are you sure ESPN will allow you to use their equipment for hockey games?

I read nothing in that article that indicates that Bronco hockey would be part of the deal. I expect to see the same substandard WMU webcasts as the last two years.