SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Sports TV Options

siouxfan512

6 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

As far as I could tell the roku worked perfectly for the stream this past weekend. To Anyone using nchc and connecting their computer to their tv, I'd recommend a roku. $300 roku 50" TV's are out there.

Or if you already have a TV, and are using Apple devices (iPhone, iPad, etc.) then the better route is getting an Apple TV.  Either way it's much better than connecting your computer to your TV.

1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

Yes. You download the nchc channel to the roku then login to your nchctv subscription. Gets you to the game with a few clicks of the roku remote.

My only complaint with nchc on roku is the live games listing seems a little glitchy. If I'm watching the und game  and during intermission I want to check another game I hit the back button and the listing isn't correct. So I hit the back button again and select live games again and the active games listing refreshes.

Thanks.  Sounds better than the laptop.  Which model do you have?

I have the roku 2 and 3 TV's with built in roku. I also have an unused roku stick. I stopped using this one because there's no USB port for playing local media. If 4K isn't important to you, you don't need to get the newest and most expensive version. Honestly I prefer it built into the tv because I like the format and having one compact remote for everything.

22 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

I have the roku 2 and 3 TV's with built in roku. I also have an unused roku stick. I stopped using this one because there's no USB port for playing local media. If 4K isn't important to you, you don't need to get the newest and most expensive version. Honestly I prefer it built into the tv because I like the format and having one compact remote for everything.

Makes sense. Maybe I'll just get the low end one like we used to have before the fire stick took over.

3 hours ago, Bob in Wisconsin said:

Doesn't appear to be in HD though.  Maybe it's FSN's cameras.

Comcast had the game on FSN+ channel and it was HD....watched last Saturday's game using NCHC.tv using the Roku and it was pretty good quality...not quite HD but looked better than Standard Def. (sorry DaveK)

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, bigskyvikes said:

I think Alex was an outstanding hire for Midco and UND! 

I loved the "Shut you mouth Ryan Kasowski" line this year in football...  He is a great hire for all sports.  I really enjoy his work and to MIDCO they do a great job

13 hours ago, Blackheart said:

I would take Sweeney over Hammer any day of the week.

Spot on Hammer was in no way an improvement over Sweeney. 

Alex has put in the work that Sweeney never did and it had paid off for him. He's doing a damn fine job. Hopefully midco can hang on to him.

• Upvote 2

On 1/18/2017 at 9:00 AM, southpaw said:

Still feel the same way?  Alex has been significantly better than Hammer who was better than story time with Pat Sweeney.

I've already posted that I am pleasantly surprised by Alex.

He has done a decent job and seems to has made an effort to learn the game.  Gets lost in the process at times and Jake can ramble.....but who doesn't 

Overall I think he's very much been a monumental improvement on the Fargo Failure.......and really that wain't a stretch. 

Yes I'd take Sweeney back in a heartbeat. The stories and knowledge of the history of the program was something we appreciated from Pat. But hes not coming back, That's not going to happen.

So as Ive said I owed Alex an apology as I think he is doing a very good job, better than I thought he could, calling Fighting Hawks hockey.... 

Sweeneys Legend lives in the past and former glory and Tradition of Excellence that is Fighting Sioux Hockey, and always will.

20 hours ago, FSSD said:

I loved the "Shut you mouth Ryan Kasowski" line this year in football...  He is a great hire for all sports.  I really enjoy his work and to MIDCO they do a great job

haha, that was a pretty good call. He likes using full names. He's used Jake Brandt's full name several times as well.

Overall, he has done a great job, especially for a guy that, I believe, had never called hockey before.

34 minutes ago, terbele said:

Didnt realize Comcast-ic has dropped Fox Sports Channels.  Pretty much most of the tv coverage we had.

Yeah, I spoke with "Randy" over at Comcast and he informed me that they are currently in negotiations with Fox Sports re: these channels.  Yeah, right. There are three more Sioux games scheduled for these channels this season, I'm thinking we are hosed.