SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Sports TV Options

siouxfan512

On 10/3/2016 at 8:02 AM, southpaw said:

I only got to watch highlights but it seemed like the new Midco announcer did well.

I think he's excellent. I also think he has done a good job calling the football games, too. 

We are almost to week 3 of hockey now and nchctv has failed us the first two weeks. I'm hoping they have their ducks in a row for week 3.

Also has anyone heard anything on roku development? I have no experience with creating a roku channel myself but there is plenty of people that have created their own roku channels out of their homes. Makes me wonder if they even really plan on launching a roku channel. 

43 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

We are almost to week 3 of hockey now and nchctv has failed us the first two weeks. I'm hoping they have their ducks in a row for week 3.

Also has anyone heard anything on roku development? I have no experience with creating a roku channel myself but there is plenty of people that have created their own roku channels out of their homes. Makes me wonder if they even really plan on launching a roku channel. 

When I questioned NCHC on twitter they stated Roku channel will be ready in November... take that FWIW

2 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

How has it failed you?  It's worked flawlessly for me on a laptop and on my cellphone connected to wifi.

7 minutes ago, southpaw said:

How has it failed you?  It's worked flawlessly for me on a laptop and on my cellphone connected to wifi.

Same for me.  Week 1 was horrible.  But last Friday it worked great for the whole game on my Apple TV, and on Saturday I didn't have any problems on my computer.

On 10/12/2016 at 10:02 AM, southpaw said:

Week one was horrible. Could not get feed to play consistently and continued to freeze. This was on a new laptop with a solid internet connection. Nchctv acknowledged their problem to users here but drilled me to do windows updates, different browsers, internet connection, update flash. Last Friday was better but audio issues happened early on. I was at the game Saturday but there were a number of issues reported here. 

Not a big deal but I was signed up for auto-renewal and this wasn't done. I had to manually and ask to be reimbursed for the early bird deal. Not a big deal they took care of me.

Then we have the roku/Apple TV debacle. Many people went and bought a roku just for nchctv after being promised a ready date first of mid September, then 10/1, and now November. Heck I dropped $100 and bought two for two separate tvs. I'm pretty sure it was you that also defended the price increase with the cost associated with the nchc developing these apps. Well the season is underway and the Apple TV has issues and there is no roku app. 

If donald trump was a nchctv customer he wouldn't be paying these guys. I for one hope they can get their $hi+ together because I enjoy the product they should be displaying but they sure haven't gotten it right from the get go this season.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Maybe it's time for und to take the initiative and provide another option other than nchctv for webcasts/roku like Denver has done. Denver games have been available on the college sports live app on roku.

Neulion has been a nightmare since it was selected.  Just the latest in failed streaming companies going back to initial selections of companies by UND. At least Neulion appears to have abandoned the "it's on your end" excuse. 

7 minutes ago, sprig said:

Neulion has been a nightmare since it was selected.  Just the latest in failed streaming companies going back to initial selections of companies by UND. At least Neulion appears to have abandoned the "it's on your end" excuse. 

th?id=OIP.M2c7cb59becf00a56a20aa63fa46e8633o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=301&h=162

43 minutes ago, sprig said:

No they used that excuse with me during the Manitoba game! All while admitting their struggles to other users lol.

2 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

Maybe it's time for und to take the initiative and provide another option other than nchctv for webcasts/roku like Denver has done. Denver games have been available on the college sports live app on roku.

College sports live streams work great.  Why can't the nchc dump Neulion for a good streaming provider

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

After watching tv highlights and now watching some of the womens game because my Vikings are sh**ing the bed! I have to say this new announcer is great! Sounds like him and Brandt work great together also.

That was a good hire!

Agreed, Heinert gets better every game and has good chemistry with Brandt.

Ok, so I know the goofer games will be on tv, UND, and SCSU.....will they only be viewable on the NCHC package? Or do those schools offer a one time fee to get their feed? Or does a guy buy each game separately from the NCHC when you have season tickets? I have bought the package all the previous years but it feels like I paid $80 for about 4-6 games only!

1 hour ago, bigskyvikes said:

Ok, so I know the goofer games will be on tv, UND, and SCSU.....will they only be viewable on the NCHC package? Or do those schools offer a one time fee to get their feed? Or does a guy buy each game separately from the NCHC when you have season tickets? I have bought the package all the previous years but it feels like I paid $80 for about 4-6 games only!

I had decided to pay monthly instead of that annual fee in case there's a month where I'm going to more games in person - then I could just cancel for the month I wasn't going to use it a lot. But that was before they raised prices. Now that they raised their month prices from 14.95 to 24.95 I'm trying to decide if I'm better off just getting Midco. I am paying the lower price now, but if I cancel I'm going to get stuck with that 24.95 monthly price. 

59 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I had decided to pay monthly instead of that annual fee in case there's a month where I'm going to more games in person - then I could just cancel for the month I wasn't going to use it a lot. But that was before they raised prices. Now that they raised their month prices from 14.95 to 24.95 I'm trying to decide if I'm better off just getting Midco. I am paying the lower price now, but if I cancel I'm going to get stuck with that 24.95 monthly price. 

So if I can see all home games without paying anything, (season tickets, live in EGF with Midco), is it better to pay for monthly or the season? Or is there a per weekend fee? It seems there is always a surprise tv pickup throughout the season. Like one of the SCSU and one of the UMD were televised last year I believe.

17 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

So if I can see all home games without paying anything, (season tickets, live in EGF with Midco), is it better to pay for monthly or the season? Or is there a per weekend fee? It seems there is always a surprise tv pickup throughout the season. Like one of the SCSU and one of the UMD were televised last year I believe.

When I got the streaming set up, they didn't have a per weekend fee set up. I see now they have a day pass. But that's 14.95 per game, which is stupid when they list the monthly package at 18.95. (apparently I was wrong about the 24.95 price - must have read incorrectly earlier)

http://www.nchc.tv/packages

1 minute ago, siouxforce19 said:

When I got the streaming set up, they didn't have a per weekend fee set up. I see now they have a day pass. But that's 14.95 per game, which is stupid when they list the monthly package at 18.95. (apparently I was wrong about the 24.95 price - must have read incorrectly earlier)

http://www.nchc.tv/packages

$24.95 appears to be the monthly NCHC price to watch all the schools games vs $18.95 for just one schools games.