SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Sports TV Options

siouxfan512

For Apple TV users.     Twitter: NCHC replied to a question about the NCHC App on Apple T.V.   The app will only be available on the 4th generation apple tv (newest version of apple tv). Earlier versions of apple tv will have to connect via airplay, which is no different from previous years. Shoot, that stinks. 

On 9/8/2016 at 5:15 AM, Redneksioux said:

As long as we don't need to fast forward to make the feed live like we did for the stony brook game all should be well!

has anyone stumbled across the nchc roku app yet?

Still haven't see it out there, though I stumble across a different app showing USHL, CHL, BCHL, etc.

Haven't heard back from the NCHC on twitter either. Getting a little nervous as the season is about to start, and I bought a Roku specifically for hockey.

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Per FSN press release, all games available on FS GO app with sign in.  

the sign-in is from your TV provider. They offer the same things with Wild, T-Wolves, and Twins games. For those with Midco, I chatted with their support a couple months ago and they do not have the rights or an agreement with Fox Sports to provide any of the pro team streams broadcasting on Fox sports north on FS GO through their TV Everywhere thing. When I log in to FSGO through my Midco login, I can still watch anything on FCS (in HD. You have to have FCS as part of your cable plan) or anything sports-wise that happens to be airing on Fox.

As for the college hockey games, I do not know if people with midco will be able to get those games on FS GO. Just thought I would pass my story through to give people a word of caution, as I don't want people surprised when the time comes. My cousin said he was able to get them with his Cable one login, though.

15 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Thought I read somewhere the NCHC Rokue app will be available October 1st - this Saturday.

They responded to someone on twitter a while ago that it would be ready for the Oct 1 games. I've reached out a few times asking for an update, and still haven't got a response. A little nervous that it won't be ready, which would stink. I though I also ready that they were getting the final approval of the app from apple for the app on apple TV, so maybe the same is happening with Roku. Would be nice if they would respond on twitter though.

Just saw a tweet from 2 days ago that the app is available on Apple TV, sounds like neulion is still working on the app for roku and they should have an update in the coming out within the next few days. 

A little frustrating if it isn't ready for tomorrow, but thats what I've found so far. I'm not sure if anyone else is going to utilize the Roku app, but I'll post updates as I see them, for those who are interested.

I just received a message from NCHC that the roku app has been delayed until early November due to delays with neulion developing the app. Unfortunate, but if the app works well, I can live with the delay.

Now, can we get the big sky to come out with one? Might be worth trying to launch and email campaign across the message boards to bet the Big Sky to do something. Just a thought.

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 8:55 PM, MuggsyGobes said:

For Apple TV users.     Twitter: NCHC replied to a question about the NCHC App on Apple T.V.   The app will only be available on the 4th generation apple tv (newest version of apple tv). Earlier versions of apple tv will have to connect via airplay, which is no different from previous years. Shoot, that stinks. 

That's not surprising.  Only the latest version of the Apple TV actually supports the App Store and custom apps.

I'm hoping that neulion/nchc can improve their feed this year. I know multiple people here were having problems on Saturday and read that someone got a response where neulion acknowledged they had a problem. Neulion refused they had any problems on their end with me and told me to check for windows updates, clear cache, and try different web browsers. Pretty crappy to deal with this all over again and no Roku yet, considering the price increase.

• Upvote 1

On Monday, October 03, 2016 at 8:02 AM, southpaw said:

I only got to watch highlights but it seemed like the new Midco announcer did well.

Yes he did.  And I owe him an apology as I think he did alot better than I expected for his first Hockey game ever.  Mis called a few players but did well, his voice is very shrill and talks almost too fast, but he's growing on me. 

He's no Sweeney, but nobody ever will be. I do think it would be better to have someone with knowledge and experience of Sweeney or Hennessy but whattayagunado

I agree about Alex. He sounded great, and if you didn't know it was his first hockey game, you may not have guessed. I watched the fb game too, and he was clearly more comfortable, but he did great during both. I loved his call of the Wanzek catch in the back of the end zone "You shut your mouth Ryan Kasowski!" Good hire by Midco!

I want to ask folks about using an Apple product to go through Apple TV on your television.  Last year I had no problems using an IPad2, or an IPad Air2 to stream the games through my Apple TV to my television.  This year I get an error message on my Apple TV as I try to stream it on my television.  I have yet to watch a game through Apple TV this year at all.  I can stream every other site that I have CNN, Blaze, ESPN, etc. through my IPad to the Apple TV without a problem.  Only NCHC.TV has this issue that I can tell.  I actually pulled up my older IPad and got the same error message.  I have contacted NCHC.TV and they say they had a problem last week, but it was fixed.  Just checking. 

I just want to pass along a pretty cool app I just discovered that might benefit people who watch online hooking up their computer to their tv's via HDMI cable (still the most reliable way IMO). 

It's a free app called Remote Link and let's you control everything on your computer via either WiFi or Bluetooth, essentially giving you a wireless keyboard and mouse for your computer (remote control for your computer using your phone).

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 9:54 PM, Frozen4sioux said:

Yes he did.  And I owe him an apology as I think he did alot better than I expected for his first Hockey game ever.  Mis called a few players but did well, his voice is very shrill and talks almost too fast, but he's growing on me. 

He's no Sweeney, but nobody ever will be. I do think it would be better to have someone with knowledge and experience of Sweeney or Hennessy but whattayagunado

Watching old youtube highlights the other day and forgot how good he really was

On 10/5/2016 at 9:54 PM, Frozen4sioux said:

If "his voice is very shrill", then he is exactly like Sweeney!

• Upvote 1