SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Sports TV Options

siouxfan512

44 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Bemidji St airs some of its games in HD on PBS.

In bemidji the games are in hd. The pbs mn channel is available in hd but the games are shown on that channel in/around grand forks in sd. 

The midco proposal to ndsu was to put their games on midco sn in hd and also on a sd pbs channel.

NDSU obviously demanded statewide tv coverage where that must not be a priority for UND.

2 hours ago, Cratter said:

Bemidji St airs some of its games in HD on PBS.

The feed of these games shown in the MSP metro area is not very good; actually it's kind of tough to watch.  Picture seems kind of jumpy...must be on my end. (right Sprig?:D)

2 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

The feed of these games shown in the MSP metro area is not very good; actually it's kind of tough to watch.  Picture seems kind of jumpy...must be on my end. (right Sprig?:D)

I've also watched a few of these in the MSP area, but the quality hasn't been terrible. I like it over some of the issues that come with running the games through my PC.

9 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I've also watched a few of these in the MSP area, but the quality hasn't been terrible. I like it over some of the issues that come with running the games through my PC.

Picture seems dark for those games as well...still better than a hockey webcast. :)

On September 1, 2016 at 0:56 PM, siouxfan512 said:

I just picked up my Roku, so I'm hoping that the feeds are a little better through that compared to my laptop.

As long as we don't need to fast forward to make the feed live like we did for the stony brook game all should be well!

has anyone stumbled across the nchc roku app yet?

12 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

As long as we don't need to fast forward to make the feed live like we did for the stony brook game all should be well!

has anyone stumbled across the nchc roku app yet?

Just searched for it; did not find it...hopefully it will be out there in the next week or so...

On 9/8/2016 at 5:28 PM, Blackheart said:

Just searched for it; did not find it...hopefully it will be out there in the next week or so...

I have not seen the app either, but does anyone know if it will actually be an NCHC app, or could it be listed as a neulion app, with school or sport specific options.

57 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I have not seen the app either, but does anyone know if it will actually be an NCHC app, or could it be listed as a neulion app, with school or sport specific options.

Not sure.  They made it sound like an NCHC app though.  If you tweet that question to the NCHC they will probably respond.

2 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Not sure.  They made it sound like an NCHC app though.  If you tweet that question to the NCHC they will probably respond.

I'm not on Twitter myself but I'd have to assume if money had to be invested by the nchc for the channel that there will be a nchc channel. Neulion recently launched a channel on roku with the Ivy league. They also have one with the big ten and many others so we better get our own channel!

11 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

I'm not on Twitter myself but I'd have to assume if money had to be invested by the nchc for the channel that there will be a nchc channel. Neulion recently launched a channel on roku with the Ivy league. They also have one with the big ten and many others so we better get our own channel!

Ohio valley has its own channel also

• 2 weeks later...

Any new information on the NCHC roku app? They said it would be ready by Oct 1, and that is approaching fast! Also, does anyone know if the banner raising will be shown on the broadcast, or will they tune in right at puck drop? Or will UND stream the banner raising through their website for free, like they did at the end of the season to celebrate with the team?

2 minutes ago, George M. Bluth said:

Yeah, that's the price for UND only.  For the whole league it's $104.95.

I think if you've had the package since inception....the price stays the same correct?  Because I've alway had every school's games however I typically receive a discount on the front end.  I thought the price was lower however.

2 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I think if you've had the package since inception....the price stays the same correct?  Because I've alway had every school's games however I typically receive a discount on the front end.  I thought the price was lower however.

Prices increased this year,  but I believe the early special was 89.95 for all teams

2 minutes ago, sprig said:

Prices increased this year,  but I believe the early special was 89.95 for all teams

6 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I emailed them a few times this year and they didn't seem like they would grandfather me in this season like they did last year.  I ended up cancelling my league pass and will be subscribing to UND only.  I debated doing the monthly pass since December will only have a game or two, but it still works out to be a deal getting the season pass.

11 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

I just saw that the Gopher games are going to be on FSN?  Does that mean NOT on the Big 10? In other words, with the NCHC TV package and a $220/mo massive cable package...this would be the only series that I won't be able to watch from the West 

You should be able to stream FSN online with your cable package. Fox Sports Go.

11 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

I just saw that the Gopher games are going to be on FSN?  Does that mean NOT on the Big 10? In other words, with the NCHC TV package and a $220/mo massive cable package...this would be the only series that I won't be able to watch from the West Coast...

Where did you see that? I didn't think they even had the times set yet.