SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Sports TV Options

siouxfan512

Does anyone know if there will be changes to the viewing options this years?

Games will be shown on CBS Sports and the NCHC package, but are there any talking of trying to get games (not shown on CBS sports) back onto Fox College Sports?

Same goes for Football and Basketball? (Big Sky TV is nice) but way easier to flip to Fox College Sports.

• 3 weeks later...

Setup will be the same for the 2015-16 season.  CBSSN will be doing about the same number of games.  Once they fill out their college basketball schedule, they'll start working on hockey.  There's the chance they do some first half games this year.

On FCS, people should start getting in touch with Midco right now.  They kept most games off FCS last year because they were still building out in Fargo and didn't want to give Cableone subscribers the games via FCS.  Hopefully, they have a big enough subscriber base in Fargo and hear enough complaints from fans in the next couple of months that they put games back on FCS again.

For NCHC.tv, Denver will be back in the fold for their home games that aren't carried by Altitude or Root.  

UMD and SCSU will continue to have a fair number of games carried by FSN-North.

Conference football games can't be on FCS as Root has an exclusivity agreement with the Big Sky.  It's the exact same issue as with the first year of the NCHC/CBSSN deal.

Conference football games can't be on FCS as Root has an exclusivity agreement with the Big Sky.  It's the exact same issue as with the first year of the NCHC/CBSSN deal.

Do not like that one game a week throws a wrench into the other 11 teams broadcast availability.  I get why its in there but that doesn't mean I have to like it. 

Thanks for the updates.

I agree with Jdub. If a school like UND can go out and get their games on national TV they should be allowed to do that for football and hockey.its more exposure for the big sky and nchc. Did you happen to hear if men and women's basketball will be on FSN north again? I think that is a huge deal for those programs especially when we have so many twin cities kids on the team. I also think FSN north dips into Iowa.

I agree with Jdub. If a school like UND can go out and get their games on national TV they should be allowed to do that for football and hockey.its more exposure for the big sky and nchc. Did you happen to hear if men and women's basketball will be on FSN north again? I think that is a huge deal for those programs especially when we have so many twin cities kids on the team. I also think FSN north dips into Iowa.

I don't know about the basketball side of things.  Hit up Jayson Hadju on the twitter machine or via email and see if he knows any new details.  I'd imagine they'll put a handful of basketball and volleyball games on FSN.

Setup will be the same for the 2015-16 season. CBSSN will be doing about the same number of games. Once they fill out their college basketball schedule, they'll start working on hockey. There's the chance they do some first half games this year.

On FCS, people should start getting in touch with Midco right now. They kept most games off FCS last year because they were still building out in Fargo and didn't want to give Cableone subscribers the games via FCS. Hopefully, they have a big enough subscriber base in Fargo and hear enough complaints from fans in the next couple of months that they put games back on FCS again.

For NCHC.tv, Denver will be back in the fold for their home games that aren't carried by Altitude or Root.

UMD and SCSU will continue to have a fair number of games carried by FSN-North.

Conference football games can't be on FCS as Root has an exclusivity agreement with the Big Sky. It's the exact same issue as with the first year of the NCHC/CBSSN deal.

Does anyone have a contact for midco to discuss the possibility of fta coming back? Many Sioux fans had purchased these systems to watch Sioux sports and are now left with the only option of watching online. Joe sensers in Bloomington used to use this system to draw a crowd of Sioux fans for every game and now these games are limited with the new TV deal. There are many of us that do not have access to midco and now our only option is online.

I'd be interested in talking with the right person at midco to see if they will consider un-scrambling. They are still using satellite uplinks and are only limiting their viewership by scrambling the feed. Heck I'd even pay a monthly fee just for their channel. Does anyone know the go to person at midco to talk to?

Perhaps once the Midco contract is up.  I believe they're starting year 4 of 5.

Oh, gotcha.  Maybe FSN could buy the broadcasting rights for some games?  Or did they just pick basketball and volleyball games that Midco chose not to air, last year.

Oh, gotcha. Maybe FSN could buy the broadcasting rights for some games? Or did they just pick basketball and volleyball games that Midco chose not to air, last year.

Und produced the volleyball and basketball games and gave the feed to FSN. They could do that with football too once the contract is up with Midco.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the nchc subscription video quality? Is it hd quality and does it stream well.

Living in Winnipeg this is likely the only way I can view UND hockey

I thought it was pretty cool. A lot of the away games suck, but there's nothing und can really do about that.  I would end up putting other conference games on my phone and watch them during dead times. Watched a lot more nchc than I would have without it.

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the nchc subscription video quality? Is it hd quality and does it stream well.

Living in Winnipeg this is likely the only way I can view UND hockey

Their quality maxes out at HD, its variable depending on your internet connection speed, so if your internet is slow or becomes slow, the quality will drop so the stream can continue and (supposedly) not stop. It seemed like most of the people on this board were okay with what NCHC.tv delivered last season. Production quality can vary on away games, but all of UND's home games are produced by the regional sports network, MidcoSN, and as far as production goes, they are one of the best, if not the best in the conference, IMO.

I'm happy with the hockey coverage via MidCo and CBS Sports Net.  My only beef is that I wish there were more games earlier in the season.  They hit it heavy come February and I really like those doubleheaders.  Cool to watch a Miami game followed by a Denver game (especially if UND is playing in one of them) :)

I'm happy with the hockey coverage via MidCo and CBS Sports Net.  My only beef is that I wish there were more games earlier in the season.  They hit it heavy come February and I really like those doubleheaders.  Cool to watch a Miami game followed by a Denver game (especially if UND is playing in one of them) :)

When do we find out which games will be televised by CBS Sports?

The NCHC signed a two-year agreement with the American Sports Network for air 18 games over the next two games.  It won't affect the CBS deal or anything with Midco.  Some games on ASN are carried by Altitude Sports in the Colorado region.  Altitude is also carried by DirecTV and Dish.  Some of the games are also carried in Kalamazoo and Oxford.  It's an opportunity for lesser NCHC schools to be on regional networks (which can be carried nationally).

I wouldn't be surprised to see UND on a couple of these games.  Midco could potentially pick up the broadcasts as well from ASN for communities in NoDak/MN/SD.

• Upvote 1

This is a shot in the dark but.....

wdaz weather channel 8.3 has been showing more and more content. Most recently I've notice they are picking up raycom sports football saturdays as well as wildlife pursuit. I wonder if they will be making a push to pick up some games....maybe the asn games?

channel 8.3 is picked up in northeast nd with a set of rabbit ears!