SiouxSports.com Forum

Vote - which of the final fifteen?

jimdahl

The Final Fifteen poll  

153 members have voted

1. 1. What could you live with? (check more than one)

• Blaze
    • Cavalry
    • Explorers
    • Fighting Green
    • Fighting Hawks
    • Force
    • Green Hawks
    • Nodaks
    • North Dakota
    • North Stars
    • Pride
    • Roughriders
    • Spirit
    • Sundogs
    • Thunderhawks

:)  Thanks.  I'm glad you found it humorous.  If it truly comes to be, I'll be the first to vomit. 

Agree with what farce poobah said.

If we ALL BOOOOOOOOOOOOO! loudly after every one of these public address statements at every sporting event for a year, I think UND might get the hint it's time to try this again.

This is another reason besides all the other stuff why picking a name is good. The potential with a Cavalry or Roughriders logo is great. Just using those ones from Cedar Rapids as examples UND could go a couple different ways and even have a great primary logo and a great secondary logo. Like I mentioned maybe one with a cool looking horse and another with Teddy R or a soldier. What American can't get behind Teddy R or a soldier? Besides that we'd still have the interlocking ND as our third logo.

At the other end of things with just North Dakota we have the interlocking ND logo we can use as our 1st, 2nd and 3rd logos. They can update another one along the way, but really what are our options logo wise with just North Dakota? If we have Roughriders or Cavalry we still have the interlocking ND and will also potentially get 1-2 more really cool logos to have with lots of potential for updating every 10-15 years. Think about the Sioux logo, that was updated every 10-15 years. How many variations of the interlocking ND are we going to update over the next 50 years? Not a lot of ways you can go with just North Dakota that excite me logo wise. Another reason why this process will probably happen again if a name isn't chosen.

... and it would lend itself to so many jersey combos.  You could have Teddy charging on the front, and the horses as arm patches,  or vice versa.  More jersey combos, the more people will find one they like and buy it. 

Let's break the 15 into categories:

"Duckies, bunnies, rainbows, and unicorns" - Sundogs, Pride
"Intangible nouns" - Spirit, Force, Blaze, Fighting Green, Nodaks
"Raptor" - Green Hawks, Fighting Hawks, Thunder Hawks
"Geography/Astronomy" - North Dakota, North Stars
"People" - Cavalry, Explorers, Roughriders

I've lived in North Dakota my whole life. Nodak's is hostile and abusive to me. I am not a mascot...

When I've heard "Nodaks" used it's by non-North Dakotans and it's used as a not-so-positive term, like bumpkins, rednecks, hicks, wasicu*, or gaijin**. 

*Friends of BJ Rainbow and Erich Longie reading this: Yeah, you know you use that Lakota term in a not so endearingly tone. Shame on you. 

**Bet you didn't know I know a little Japanese too

When I've heard "Nodaks" used it's by non-North Dakotans and it's used as a not-so-positive term, like bumpkins, rednecks, hicks, wasicu*, or gaijin**. 

*Friends of BJ Rainbow and Erich Longie reading this: Yeah, you know you use that Lakota term in a not so endearingly tone. Shame on you. 

That's so odd, all my buddies say Nodak or Nodaks.  I wouldn't want that nickname though.

I always thought u were from another country maybe even world