SiouxSports.com Forum

President Kelley Announces Retirement.

Let'sGoHawks!

Well, before Kelley retires, I hope he finds us some money.   How can we be short $5 million?   I know, no reason to panic, but we know how many students we'll have and expenses shouldn't change much, so the budget should balance.   http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/education/3858333-und-projecting-5-million-budget-shortfall

That's why Kelly and his crew tried to raise tuition much higher last spring but the students threatened to give him a vote of non confidence.  Kelley backed down.

The next Prez needs to fire all Kelleys minions, who suck the money up for admin.

• 4 weeks later...

https://sayanythingblog.com/entry/state-board-of-higher-ed-to-vote-on-ed-schafer-recommendation-for-und-president/

Today I can report that Schafer has been recommended to the State Board of Higher Education for the position by Chancellor Mark Hagerott.

The board’s current agenda for their meeting tomorrow has the appointment of an interim UND president listed as the last item, though it does not list Schafer as the recommended candidate.

Although I'd love to see Ed Schafer at UND (and I've said it for years, just ask PCM), I just don't see the faculty accepting a Republican (even a moderate R like Ed) at the helm even with an 'interim' tag. 

The faculty may actually value leadership that will make tough decisions, offer consistency, and not put up with grandstanding by the Deans.

But from a ... < gasp! > ... Republican? The horror. 

He'll get a pass because he didn't disown his married lesbian daughter who worked on the Obama campaign.  That story was just in the press for a reason, just to placate the education libtards.

Edited by SiouxVolley

Not so fast, per the GFHerald:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/education/3879069-interim-und-president-will-be-schafer-or-dilorenzo

The State Board of Higher Education is expected to name one of two candidates as interim president of UND at its Tuesday meeting: former North Dakota Gov. Ed Schafer or Thomas DiLorenzo, UND provost and vice president of academic affairs.

Both candidates were recommended to the board by Mark Haggerot, chancellor of the North Dakota University System, said Billie Jo Lorius, NDUS spokeswoman. She said the recommendation virtually assures one of the two men will be selected as UND's interim president and will begin leading the school following the departure of current president Robert Kelley in January

Personal opinion is its a pretty easy choice...

Tenure is not necessary.  If you suck at your job, you should be fired.  Am I over simplifying?!! :)

If you suck at your job of teaching, sure. If you happen to have a different political persuasion than the ruling political machine, no. Look up the history of the founding of the SBoHE and you'll get what I am saying. It involved Bill Langer firing NDSU professors for political reasons.

• Upvote 2