SiouxSports.com Forum

Longtime Grand Forks broadcaster enters hospice

fightingsioux4life

This is certainly some sad news. :sad:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/local/3753744-longtime-grand-forks-broadcaster-enters-hospice

Ginny Bollman said her husband’s brain tumors have become “so large that he is disoriented and needs constant care. The tumors in his spine are so painful that he cannot get any level of comfort without heavy doses of meds.

“Jim wanted to come home to spend his last days here,” she added. “He wants peace.”

I grew up listening to Bollman do the news and weather and Fighting Sioux sports. This world won't be the same without him. Many prayers and best-wishes to Bollman and his family during this very difficult time.

definitely sad news. Jim Bollman Sr (there is a Jim Bollman Jr, who is a spiting image of his father) did a lot for the community and that should never be forgotten. Not only do I remember him from his time on the radio but his community involvement is what stands out the most to me.