SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Hakstol's Replacement

NoiseInsideMyHead

The diff between hockey and football is vast. The hockey program is one of the best in the country and I get why you'd want a seamless transition from assistant to head coach.

No diff than what SU did with football.

Agree 100%. "We gotta keep the recruits" should NOT have been the primary reason to make a knee-jerk panic hire. Brad Berry may very well have been the best candidate for the job, but an interview/selection process would have shown that.

Going through the interview process would only be appropriate if you're not comfortable hiring Berry. Why open it up, only to come back to Berry? To see if someone "better" comes along?

Going through the interview process would only be appropriate if you're not comfortable hiring Berry. Why open it up, only to come back to Berry? To see if someone "better" comes along?

agreed.  Same thing when Hak was hired.

Well, let's imagine for a second, David Quinn comes out tomorrow and says that he wishes he could have applied as he would have brought a pipeline of Boston boys and east coast talent to Grand Forks. Do you think it might have been worth at least listening to his plan for success at North Dakota before handing the job to Berry? I think it would be.

• Upvote 1

Well, let's imagine for a second, David Quinn comes out tomorrow and says that he wishes he could have applied as he would have brought a pipeline of Boston boys and east coast talent to Grand Forks. Do you think it might have been worth at least listening to his plan for success at North Dakota before handing the job to Berry? I think it would be.

NO