SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Hakstol's Replacement

NoiseInsideMyHead

12 hours ago, John W. said:

I  looked for the "Fire Hak" thread, but couldn't  find it...... But the 'noose' is tightening around coach's neck in Philly...will Flyer fans and media accept another missed playoff season????

We get it, John W...if Hakstol took this team to the Stanley Cup Finals and lost game 7 in a 16-OT thriller, you'd still think of him as a failure.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, John W. said:

LOL...no you don't get it!!!!!  Your comment is so hypothetical...he's never won the big one

Your comment is such small thinking.   When I was a kid, I thought winning the game I was playing was the immediate goal and winning the season the ultimate goal.  But I've aged a lot and matured a little and have changed my definition of what the "big one" is.   A banner is a lot of fun and provides a convenient and identifiable goal and a great excuse to engage in trash talk, but it is NOT the "big one" in these kids' lives.   How they fight for it and what they learn from that fight, win or lose, is much bigger.   Hak helped a lot of kids "win" that one. 

And yeah, I deserve some "FCS, give us a break, burd" crap for that one.  :D

44 minutes ago, burd said:

Your comment is such small thinking.   When I was a kid, I thought winning the game I was playing was the immediate goal and winning the season the ultimate goal.  But I've aged a lot and matured a little and have changed my definition of what the "big one" is.   A banner is a lot of fun and provides a convenient and identifiable goal and a great excuse to engage in trash talk, but it is NOT the "big one" in these kids' lives.   How they fight for it and what they learn from that fight, win or lose, is much bigger.   Hak helped a lot of kids "win" that one. 

And yeah, I deserve some "FCS, give us a break, burd" crap for that one.  :D

John W. hasn't figured out the maturing part yet, being a 70 year old that hangs out in his basement and lives to troll.

15 hours ago, John W. said:

LOL...no you don't get it!!!!!  Your comment is so hypothetical.....he's never won the 'big one'......either as a player or coach....

Dream on 'Mc Sue'!!!!!!!

Great post.  If only Hakstol had won the Moose Jaw Mite B Jamboree, he'd be considered a "champion."

• Upvote 1

You're about correct on age.....but live in a 4 level house...not my mom's...been quite financially and professionally successful, thank you...

I have Fighting Hawk season FB tickets and attend most MBB Fighting Hawk  games...some WBB as well....

IMO there are two entities....whose fans are arrogant and insufferable..........Bizzon FB fans...and Fighting Sue hockey fans....there is such a thing as 'winning with class'...and neither demonstrate that......

Did drop Sue hockey season tickets after 4 years.....because of previous sentence....Thanks for your concern re: my life....'get one of your own'!!!!!!!

• Downvote 5