SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

1 hour ago, SiouxFanatic said:

I think St. Cloud is the best team in the conference. They are good and definitely playing a whole lot better than UND is right now.

Put on a clinic against Omaha. Don't think it's going to be like that when UND travels down there...

They seem to be; at least right now.

2 hours ago, SiouxFanatic said:

I think St. Cloud is the best team in the conference. They are good and definitely playing a whole lot better than UND is right now.

Put on a clinic against Omaha. Don't think it's going to be like that when UND travels down there...

I don't know. I would say that SCSU and UND are equal. I think UND's defense is better than SCSU's. This is also the same team that UND beat in the regional last season. 

11 hours ago, cberkas said:

Omaha does the TCoS after being swept.

I don't get all the Sioux fan outrage at schools that do this.  Some teams do it after a sweep, others salute the fans after a weekend regardless of their performance, and others do it after each and every game.  

Just because it's a UND tradition after a sweep doesn't make another school's tradition less traditional.

Excellent use of the trademarked TCoS though.  :D

8 hours ago, Goon said:

I don't know. I would say that SCSU and UND are equal. I think UND's defense is better than SCSU's. This is also the same team that UND beat in the regional last season. 

Right now, I'd favor SCSU in a best of three. 

Not sure quite to take away from this weekend.   The coaches may have planned a tight-checking game, knowing how many shots UMD has been taking in recent months.   That may have changed the dynamics on offense a little.   But it seemed like the boys were really forechecking aggressively last night, at least in the first 30 - 40 minutes. 

Only two goals against, one a kick-in and the other a good tip.   That's pretty tight. 

A lot of people are very frustrated how inconsistent our offense has been, and it's hard not to feel that way, but it's usually great defense that gets you deep into the tournament, and they may be focusing on that, particularly with the forwards.    Not a coach, though, so I don't know. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

I don't get all the Sioux fan outrage at schools that do this.  Some teams do it after a sweep, others salute the fans after a weekend regardless of their performance, and others do it after each and every game.  

Just because it's a UND tradition after a sweep doesn't make another school's tradition less traditional.

Excellent use of the trademarked TCoS though.  :D

They didn't look like they wanted to do TCoS.

6 hours ago, burd said:

Right now, I'd favor SCSU in a best of three. 

Not sure quite to take away from this weekend.   The coaches may have planned a tight-checking game, knowing how many shots UMD has been taking in recent months.   That may have changed the dynamics on offense a little.   But it seemed like the boys were really forechecking aggressively last night, at least in the first 30 - 40 minutes. 

Only two goals against, one a kick-in and the other a good tip.   That's pretty tight. 

A lot of people are very frustrated how inconsistent our offense has been, and it's hard not to feel that way, but it's usually great defense that gets you deep into the tournament, and they may be focusing on that, particularly with the forwards.    Not a coach, though, so I don't know. 

One of the comments that I heard a lot this weekend. Hard to skate when you being hooked and held all weekend long. This was a nasty game. Duluth's defense is probably one of the most physical, and they took time and space away from the forwards. I did think Anderson let them get away with a lot of stuff that should've been called. We will see the same crap with in the playoffs. 

On 2/20/2016 at 4:32 PM, siouxnews said:

Kyle rau making his NHL debut tonight 

Serious question. What the hell happened to Grimaldi? I honestly thought he would greatly benefit moving up to play with teammates of a higher skill level. Seems like he's at the point now where he won't really see the NHL unless injuries force him to be called up.

17 minutes ago, GFG said:

Serious question. What the hell happened to Grimaldi? I honestly thought he would greatly benefit moving up to play with teammates of a higher skill level. Seems like he's at the point now where he won't really see the NHL unless injuries force him to be called up.

Too Short? Already Peaked? 

He's having about the same career patch that the majority of post UND (college players) have, especially a second rounder or less.

5 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Too Short? Already Peaked? 

He's having about the same career patch that the majority of post UND (college players) have. 

Height isn't quite as much of a factor as it used to be considering the NHL is moving away from the huge hits and fighting. Maybe he just needs to get stronger?