SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

12 hours ago, GDPritch said:

I like it like that.  For FSN's hyped Hockey Day in Minnesota/State of Hockey/blah blah blah the Gofes fall at home to Lil 6 hockey power Penn State and then former Gofer Mr. Vanek is a healthy scratch for the Wild at Blues.    

Thanks for the recap.

Sadly, those parts of the history of Hockey Day in Minnesota will simply vanish.  It's happened before and will happen again.

In the week leading up, they revisited past Hockey Day's.   In one year, "the Gophers defeated Denver, and the Wild took on the Dallas Stars", which is code for "the Wild lost" but our fans are so insecure that we can't tell our fans that's what happened.   And in the next year, "the Gophers took on Denver" (code for "they lost"), while "the Wild defeated Dallas".   So very strikingly insecure and two faced.

It used to happen every time the Sioux beat the Gophers ... the evening sports cast would show 3 Gopher goals and 1 Sioux goal but somehow the Sioux still won 4-3.  

Donde esta de vomitorium?

3 hours ago, willistonalum said:

Granted I am not about to try and figure out the details of how the Pairwise ratings work, but don't understand how St. Cloud can remain at #2 after a loss to #25 Miami. So much for the Pairwise killer theory. By the way Thanks Miami, Penrose Cup closer!

I was wondering the same thing.  Is it possible Pairwise just hasn't updated?  Or are all the games automatically included.

8 minutes ago, AZSIOUX said:

St clouds rpi was actually tied with quin Friday. Their two losses to quin has to be helping them overall. 

Quin has played in 8 overtime games of their 28 games. 

The cop is the biggest factor.  The teams that SC played are better than the teams UND played

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, sprig said:

The cop is the biggest factor.  The teams that SC played are better than the teams UND played

That's true but given the sample size of all the teams in our league and how many losses we have total, it seems strange.  So they got beat twice by Q, beat a Mankato team 3 times with 2 non-conference wins, and beat Minnesota twice.  Seems to me they get huge points by getting beat twice by Q, because we should get more points from splitting with St. Cloud on the road.  I guess that is what is all about though, as Duluth is still in the Pairwise equation because they have been losing to good teams in our league.  Bottom line is if we win our league, first round playoff series, and do better than St. Cloud at the Frozen Faceoff, we should get a higher seed and hopefully the Xcel Energy regional with it.

5 hours ago, willistonalum said:

Granted I am not about to try and figure out the details of how the Pairwise ratings work, but don't understand how St. Cloud can remain at #2 after a loss to #25 Miami. So much for the Pairwise killer theory.

Probably the same way UND remained 2 or 3 despite a home tie against a much lower-rated CC team.

If you switch our loss to Wisconsin into a win, we would be number 1 in the Pairwise. 

As far as St. Cloud goes, they were actually ahead of Quinnipiac in RPI but were in 2nd because they lost to Quinnipiac head to head. One loss, almost regardless of who it was against, wouldn't have been enough to get UND's RPI ahead of St. Cloud. Our chances at first would actually have been better if SCSU won and it was Quinnipiac that lost because we were closer to them in RPI.

• Upvote 2