SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs Game

The Sicatoka

My version of the 2015 NHL Playoffs Game:

You pick six forwards, four defensemen, and one goalie, now, before first game Wednesday, and you don't get to change that roster. List your roster in this thread. 

Scoring: 

You get the total points from all playoff games from all your forwards

plus

You get the total points from all playoff games from all your defensemen

plus

You get one point per penalty (penalty, not PIM) from all playoff games from all your defensemen

minus

All the goals your goalie lets in. 

Details:

Your goalie must start at least four 2015 NHL playoff games. If this criteria is not met, you are assigned the goalie meeting the criteria who lets the most goals in during the entire 2015 NHL playoff.

You get a point for a defenseman penalty because, normally, this time of year defenders are taking penalties to save scoring chances. 

You are responsible for tracking you team's score here yourself. This realm of critics will surely point out any errors. ;)

Think carefully about the scoring criteria before selecting players. 

The winner receives ... 

Comment/question (and I don't mean to be that guy)...the way you have the points set up, for goalies you'd want to pick a goalie who's team loses out 1st round so they don't let in more goals as the playoffs go on.  Maybe should do something like 1 point per win and 3 per shutout?

Comment/question (and I don't mean to be that guy)...the way you have the points set up, for goalies you'd want to pick a goalie who's team loses out 1st round so they don't let in more goals as the playoffs go on.  Maybe should do something like 1 point per win and 3 per shutout?

Yeah, I got that far in pondering the scoring scheme and decided I was in over my head :)

I thought about him but worried he'd give up more goals in four games to NYR than others will in six or seven games of a first-round-and-done series. That, or that he'd only get three starts.  :0

HA...agreed.  I thought one option here would be Detroit's goalie, but the "4 start" wrinkle in the rules prevented me from picking one of them.  Not sure Mrazek's going to make it out of that series.

I was also debating Carey Price.  I think that Ottawa may/can/will win that series but Price could also win it for the Canadiens.

I thought about him but worried he'd give up more goals in four games to NYR than others will in six or seven games of a first-round-and-done series. That, or that he'd only get three starts.  :0

Fleury did have 10 shutouts this year, so I'm hoping he can keep these games close and low scoring - all while getting swept in the 1st round!

If we don't have a "fleury" of entries come in here in the next 4 hours or so, it's just going to be you and I, Sicatoka - head to head!

HA...agreed.  I thought one option here would be Detroit's goalie, but the "4 start" wrinkle in the rules prevented me from picking one of them.  Not sure Mrazek's going to make it out of that series.

I was also debating Carey Price.  I think that Ottawa may/can/will win that series but Price could also win it for the Canadiens.

Replace "Detroit" with "Vancouver" in that first line of thinking. Replace Price with Hamburgler in the second thought process. 

Here's my 5-minute effort (hope all these guys are playing, I narrowly avoided putting Letang in!)

I only picked two Caps :)

Ovie (WAS)

Backstrom (WAS)

Nash (NYR)

Tarasenko (StL)

Stamkos (TBL)

Hudler (CGY)

Byf (WPG)

Subban (MTL)

Karlsson (OTT)

Weber (NSH)

Price (MTL)

Was at dinner and purposely stayed "in the dark" so I could enter this (Scout's Honor):

F: Tarasenko STL

F: Tavares NYI

F: Stamkos TB

F: Gaudreau CGY

F: Nash NY

F: Ovechkin WAS

D: Weber NAS

D: Niskanen WAS

D: Subban MON

D: Big Buff WPG

G: Halak NYI