SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2015-16 season

Frozen4sioux

2 hours ago, Emerald joker said:

I wouldn't say the other team was the better team in any of those games. All Michigan had to do was play deffence and Hak didn't want to stop doing the dump and chase even thought it clearly wasn't working. Minnesota beat us cuz the Sioux decided the period was over for those .6 seconds. And I'm not going to say BU was the better team last year. And Denver this year, it's pretty hard to get the puck out of the zone when the team is doing everything in there power to keep it in including things that shouldv been called but were "missed". And Quinnipiac hadnt played a team like the Sioux the whole year. So I'm not going to say any of those teams were the better teams because I don't thing they were. This year was for the SIOUX and they proved it, plain and simple!

I didn't say Denver was better than us. They were as good as us, evidenced by their 2-3-1 record against us. Either team could have won that game. I also did not say Michigan was the better team. I actually said that we were definitely the better team. I said that their goalie was the reason they won the game. But I don't really recall any lucky bounces in that game. And if you think we were as good of a team as Minnesota the year we played them in Philadelphia, then you having the greenest tinted glasses I've ever seen. Minnesota beat us because they were undoubtedly better than we were. BU you could go either way. I think they were better than us but I can see people thinking we were the better team. 

The 2011 Michigan goal got deflected up in the air and nobody tracked it.  It landed in the slot on a Michigan players' stick.  I think that could be characterized a good puck luck.  Also, Nelson got stretcher off the ice in the first.

That game was a mismatch, but that's hockey.

48 minutes ago, UND-RedSox fan said:

I didn't say Denver was better than us. They were as good as us, evidenced by their 2-3-1 record against us. Either team could have won that game. I also did not say Michigan was the better team. I actually said that we were definitely the better team. I said that their goalie was the reason they won the game. But I don't really recall any lucky bounces in that game. And if you think we were as good of a team as Minnesota the year we played them in Philadelphia, then you having the greenest tinted glasses I've ever seen. Minnesota beat us because they were undoubtedly better than we were. BU you could go either way. I think they were better than us but I can see people thinking we were the better team. 

Minnesota beat us because our players thought the period was over and Minni kept playing which lead to a really soft goal

9 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

Minnesota beat us because our players thought the period was over and Minni kept playing which lead to a really soft goal

It was a blocked shot that went right to a Gopher stick and was shoved toward the goal. I think they were both still playing,  just an I'll timed lucky bounce

Think it was more is fans quit watching thinking it was ot. Even after it went in I thought we were headed to ot.

2 hours ago, UND-RedSox fan said:

A big factor in the Michigan game was Brock Nelson getting checked from behind and knocked out for almost the entire game.  Screwed up our lines never mind losing a player of his caliber.  In regards to "the greenest tinted glasses" the Sioux outshot the Gophers 37-28 in that game.  It is not like we were dominated in that game and it could have gone either way.  In regards to BU, Eichel was the difference maker.  

• Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, fsioux said:

A big factor in the Michigan game was Brock Nelson getting checked from behind and knocked out for almost the entire game.  Screwed up our lines never mind losing a player of his caliber.  In regards to "the greenest tinted glasses" the Sioux outshot the Gophers 37-28 in that game.  It is not like we were dominated in that game and it could have gone either way.  In regards to BU, Eichel was the difference maker.  

We played very well against Minnesota. They were still a better team than us. If we played them in a 7 game series we probably would have lost in 5 or 6. That year's team was probably the worst one that Hakstol coached. It took a lot of luck to even make the tournament, then Gothberg put the team on his back through the regionals. 

I said from the beginning that we were a lot better than Michigan that year. My point was the loss wasn't due to bad puck luck. A good goalie had an amazing game and we lost. Maybe I'm just splitting hairs here. Maybe its semantics. That team was the best team in the country and didn't win it all. 

BU: both teams were good. And I agree, one team had Eichel and the other did not. This would probably have been a 7 game series.

2 hours ago, sprig said:

It was a blocked shot that went right to a Gopher stick and was shoved toward the goal. I think they were both still playing,  just an I'll timed lucky bounce

Think it was more is fans quit watching thinking it was ot. Even after it went in I thought we were headed to ot.

And don't forget the blown call at 1.2 sec left, stick to Rocco's face.  The whistle blows, we go to OT.  Rocco doesn't get high-sticked, he can defend the shot and there's little chance of a goal.  Watch the replay...

And yet, it's ancient history.  Union made meat pies out of the Gophers.  And I enjoyed that, at any rate.  :-)

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, UND-RedSox fan said:

We played very well against Minnesota. They were still a better team than us. If we played them in a 7 game series we probably would have lost in 5 or 6. That year's team was probably the worst one that Hakstol coached. It took a lot of luck to even make the tournament, then Gothberg put the team on his back through the regionals. 

I said from the beginning that we were a lot better than Michigan that year. My point was the loss wasn't due to bad puck luck. A good goalie had an amazing game and we lost. Maybe I'm just splitting hairs here. Maybe its semantics. That team was the best team in the country and didn't win it all. 

BU: both teams were good. And I agree, one team had Eichel and the other did not. This would probably have been a 7 game series.

If you would have gone with 4 or 5, I might buy it.  5 or 6 out of 7, no way.  The Gophers had alot of talent but there is no way they were that much better than the Sioux.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...