SiouxSports.com Forum

Counterfeit Sioux jerseys and pucks on ebay

Frozen4sioux

20 hours ago, AndRock238 said:

Perfect, thanks for the advice!

That jersey you posted a link to looks like a legit replica jersey that Nike made. There are a ton of Nike jerseys that say they are authentic but clearly are not. JZarra or jz enterprise on eBay sells a lot of the Nike counterfeit jerseys. The authentic ones you are looking for were made of a silky material or also known as "dazzle" material.

On 2/20/2017 at 0:25 PM, AndRock238 said:

Does anyone know if any of the Sioux Nike Jerseys were ever counterfeited?  Looking at this jersey on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/North-Dakota-Fighting-Sioux-Nike-Replica-Hockey-Jersey-Size-Large-Black-UNH-WCHA-/112294286346?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=eaSWtQ7ld6nHyRCBXbNGLuXXZPE%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

The only thing that stands out to me is the "ND" on the sleeves are not up on the shoulders, but further down on the sleeve.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

I'm gonna back-track on this vendor and say he's legit.  His other items for sale are also used - but are all vintage or older.  Probably finds these items at Goodwill or Savers and puts them online.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2017 at 9:07 AM, siouxkid12 said:

That jersey you posted a link to looks like a legit replica jersey that Nike made. There are a ton of Nike jerseys that say they are authentic but clearly are not. JZarra or jz enterprise on eBay sells a lot of the Nike counterfeit jerseys. The authentic ones you are looking for were made of a silky material or also known as "dazzle" material.

Yeah I know the "real" ones were the dazzle material, but was more of less curious if this was a jersey that was at one point actually sold in stores or was this some ones creation they made in the basement.  

• 6 months later...
6 minutes ago, joelax said:

hey guys, I came across a lot of Reebok/CCM Sioux jerseys. How can I tell if they are legit, counterfeit or just cheaper replicas? Thanks. 

Instincts, price, condition, color, stitching, attention to detail, source.  Personally, I think it's easy because the fake crap just plain looks bad at first glance.  NHL crests are a dead giveaway, as are mis-located conference patches.  Use your Spidey sense.  If it seems too good to be true, that's a huge red flag.

17 minutes ago, joelax said:

Thanks for the feedback. I'm pretty sure I knew the answer before I purchased 13 jerseys for $325. Now I'll just have to figure out the best/easiest way to return and get my money back. I was hopeful for cheaper replicas, but alas...

IMG_0708.JPG

IMG_0709.JPG

IMG_0710.JPG

IMG_0711.JPG

One giveaway here is that "NORTH DAKOTA" is written diagonally down the interlocking ND on each shoulder.  During the Sioux years, IIRC, it should have read "SIOUX".  "NORTH DAKOTA" came after.

Ah okay. Thanks.

So these are virtually worthless and I should pursue getting my money back?

I know people don't really want to support counterfeits, but would someone be interested in them and paying what I paid for them? $360 for 13 jerseys with various numbers, most are size 54, some are 60. I don't know if anyone has a men's league hockey team or something that could use them.

I'm fully confident I'll get my money back either from the seller, the site or from Mastercard, so that's not an issue. 

What does "IIRC" mean, by the way?

1 hour ago, joelax said:

Ah okay. Thanks.

So these are virtually worthless and I should pursue getting my money back?

I know people don't really want to support counterfeits, but would someone be interested in them and paying what I paid for them? $360 for 13 jerseys with various numbers, most are size 54, some are 60. I don't know if anyone has a men's league hockey team or something that could use them.

I'm fully confident I'll get my money back either from the seller, the site or from Mastercard, so that's not an issue. 

What does "IIRC" mean, by the way?

Good luck getting your money back on customized items.  

Less than $30 per jersey...what could possibly go wrong?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, joelax said:

Thanks for the feedback. I'm pretty sure I knew the answer before I purchased 13 jerseys for $325. Now I'll just have to figure out the best/easiest way to return and get my money back. I was hopeful for cheaper replicas, but alas...

IMG_0710.JPG

Another giveaway is that the Sioux logo is embroidered directly onto the jersey and not a sewn-on patch.  Same with the WCHA patches.

These are all over aliexpress, its the same with pro jerseys as well, you can get them really cheap, like 30 buck but they are counterfit, my guess is that they have alot of these patches left over an they are now trying to sell them off. And by they I mean the chinese factories that make this stuff. I bought a Charlestown Cheifs Jersy for about 20 bucks off there and you will run into some of the same things, like the weird little button flap, and the sizes tend to run small. However for me it was fine since it was just a novelty jersy anyway, Halloween as one of the Hanson Brothers.

Thanks for the feedback. 
Is there any way to get a not counterfeit replica that is under $100? I know that K1 made some, but I've been told they are (or were) only sold in-person at Scheel's? As I live in Philadelphia, that is proving a challenge. I've seen some pictures of those that look pretty sharp. I'd like to get a black or white replica in size 48. It doesn't need to be the Sioux model, just something without the Hawk design on the shoulder. I even like the women's jerseys with the cursive script. I presume they aren't really sold anywhere anymore. As I started grad school online through UND a year ago, this stuff is all relatively new to me. 

8 hours ago, joelax said:

Thanks for the feedback. 
Is there any way to get a not counterfeit replica that is under $100? I know that K1 made some, but I've been told they are (or were) only sold in-person at Scheel's? As I live in Philadelphia, that is proving a challenge. I've seen some pictures of those that look pretty sharp. I'd like to get a black or white replica in size 48. It doesn't need to be the Sioux model, just something without the Hawk design on the shoulder. I even like the women's jerseys with the cursive script. I presume they aren't really sold anywhere anymore. As I started grad school online through UND a year ago, this stuff is all relatively new to me. 

Size 48 are made specifically for authentic jerseys. If you want one under 100 you will probably be looking for a Medium. http://siouxshop.com/store/product/14847/University-of-North-Dakota-Reebok-Replica-Hockey-Jersey/ if you click on the link I provided, that will take you directly to the siouxshop, that will will be the best jersey that is closest to your budget. Best of luck to you

Can anyone point me to a site that has resources for what specifically I should point to from these jerseys and the real thing to prove that these are counterfeit? 
The site I purchased them through (which is just a marketplace) is going to provide me a full refund and a refund on shipping both ways, but I am refusing to ship these jerseys back into Canada (to return them to the seller) because I am worried about shipping clearly counterfeit materials internationally. They are giving me a little bit of a hard time about that, so I have offered to ship them to them in New York and then they can handle the return of these to the seller in Canada, as they claim they aren't worried about having their names attached to the shipment. I am probably being a bit too particular, but I don't feel right attaching my name and signing a customs form for things that I know are counterfeit. 

Alas, I just want to have more evidence in case I need it to prove that these jerseys are in fact counterfeit. The site initially was trying to tell me it was just a miscommunication between seller and buyer as they have said it was "...merely a case of miscommunication between a buyer and seller over the specifics of the jerseys purchased. There's no harm done on either side." I explained that that was not the case as they featured a brand name (RBK and CCM) which was counterfeited and the pictures of the item included a retail tag that said "Authentic" (though I think the seller didn't claim they were authentic or not, he said something like "fully embroidered and stitched" and let the picture which said "authentic" do the talking). 

So I'll get my money back, I just want to make sure I have my case ready if need be. 

17 minutes ago, joelax said:

Can anyone point me to a site that has resources for what specifically I should point to from these jerseys and the real thing to prove that these are counterfeit? 
The site I purchased them through (which is just a marketplace) is going to provide me a full refund and a refund on shipping both ways, but I am refusing to ship these jerseys back into Canada (to return them to the seller) because I am worried about shipping clearly counterfeit materials internationally. They are giving me a little bit of a hard time about that, so I have offered to ship them to them in New York and then they can handle the return of these to the seller in Canada, as they claim they aren't worried about having their names attached to the shipment. I am probably being a bit too particular, but I don't feel right attaching my name and signing a customs form for things that I know are counterfeit. 

Alas, I just want to have more evidence in case I need it to prove that these jerseys are in fact counterfeit. The site initially was trying to tell me it was just a miscommunication between seller and buyer as they have said it was "...merely a case of miscommunication between a buyer and seller over the specifics of the jerseys purchased. There's no harm done on either side." I explained that that was not the case as they featured a brand name (RBK and CCM) which was counterfeited and the pictures of the item included a retail tag that said "Authentic" (though I think the seller didn't claim they were authentic or not, he said something like "fully embroidered and stitched" and let the picture which said "authentic" do the talking). 

So I'll get my money back, I just want to make sure I have my case ready if need be. 

If you want to look at previous game worn jerseys to compare, which should be exactly the same as an authentic, then check out my site: 

http://northdakotahockey.weebly.com

Things to watch for is the "b" on Reebok's patch - fakes are an upside down "p", striping direction, conference patching, shoulder patches, and the color of the word "SIOUX".  Sounds like a lot but if you have any question or issues in the future just ask!

Thanks. That's helpful.

It just made me realize too that these jerseys don't even have any reference to Reebok or CCM on the outer part of the jersey. I think I subconsciously noticed that, but it didn't fully register. There is no way that any major company produces any jersey without their logo or name on the outer part of the jersey. These just have the logos/tags poorly stitched onto the inside collar/neck. Not having the company name visible would be proof of their illegitimacy. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, joelax said:

Thanks. That's helpful.

It just made me realize too that these jerseys don't even have any reference to Reebok or CCM on the outer part of the jersey. I think I subconsciously noticed that, but it didn't fully register. There is no way that any major company produces any jersey without their logo or name on the outer part of the jersey. These just have the logos/tags poorly stitched onto the inside collar/neck. Not having the company name visible would be proof of their illegitimacy. 

You will not get into any trouble returning them due to them being counterfeit. You unknowingly purchased them under the pretense of them being authentic and upon inspection you found out that they were in fact counterfeit. I wouldn't worry bout it too much.

11 hours ago, joelax said:

The site I purchased them through (which is just a marketplace) is going to provide me a full refund and a refund on shipping both ways, but I am refusing to ship these jerseys back into Canada (to return them to the seller) because I am worried about shipping clearly counterfeit materials internationally. They are giving me a little bit of a hard time about that, so I have offered to ship them to them in New York and then they can handle the return of these to the seller in Canada, as they claim they aren't worried about having their names attached to the shipment. I am probably being a bit too particular, but I don't feel right attaching my name and signing a customs form for things that I know are counterfeit

Your name has already been attached to these items when they shipped them to you. Again, you have nothing to worry about as you are asking for a refund due to the items being bought under the pretense of them being authentic. To me it seems like you are making it more difficult then it needs to be.

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I am thinking back in 2010 when they were selling replica Sioux jerseys in the Sioux Shop for around $100.  Should have invested in buying like 100 of them.  Could have a doubled my investment easily!!!

Before I left Grand Forks after graduation, I bought a single CCM replica green Blackhawk jersey from a sporting goods shop over on Washington for like $75.  Should have cleaned out the shelves of the whites and the greens both.  ???