SiouxSports.com Forum

Submitted Nicknames

darell1976

I have grown quite fond of the Norse or the roughriders. I just hate the idea of no nickname, it is important from a marketing perspective.

I am actually glad they added the description option where you can tell them why you choose the nickname, like for me I put since there is no DI team with the name, plus with the GFAFB, and UND's aviation program Jets could be a good name.  

I am actually glad they added the description option where you can tell them why you choose the nickname, like for me I put since there is no DI team with the name, plus with the GFAFB, and UND's aviation program Jets could be a good name.

I do like the Jets actually. Was a huge Winnipeg jets fan before they left and it could be a pretty sweet logo

I do like the Jets actually. Was a huge Winnipeg jets fan before they left and it could be a pretty sweet logo

I was a Jets fan before the move to Phoenix and I am still a fan today of the "new" Jets. If they went with Jets I hope they don't copy Winnipeg or New York and try for something original.

I was a Jets fan before the move to Phoenix and I am still a fan today of the "new" Jets. If they went with Jets I hope they don't copy Winnipeg or New York and try for something original.

I turned into a Devils fan and was torn when the jets came back. It was like an ex girlfriend coming back into your life 10 years later. Still a Devils fan now.

Let the dumpster fire commence.

They are actually behind if they are just getting to it this afternoon.  I've gotten texts from FU grads about it and it made Fark plus a few other sites.  The colossal amount of idiotic and offensive stuff they are going to have to sort through is going to be mind blowing.  Not too mention the FU mensa club has already posted some of their best ideas.  The anonymous thing was not the way to go.

• Upvote 1

They are actually behind if they are just getting to it this afternoon.  I've gotten texts from FU grads about it and it made Fark plus a few other sites.  The colossal amount of idiotic and offensive stuff they are going to have to sort through is going to be mind blowing.  Not too mention the FU mensa club has already posted some of their best ideas.  The anonymous thing was not the way to go.

Isn't this an oxymoron?

• Upvote 3

The anonymous thing was not the way to go.

You mean, as opposed to a fill-in-the-blank online form where anyone could pretend to be anyone?  Or were you thinking that individual submissions could be tied to a completely unreliable e-mail verification?  Or perhaps requiring people to submit SSNs, credit card numbers, or DNA?

The colossal amount of idiotic and offensive stuff they are going to have to sort through is going to be mind blowing.  

With Kelley at the wheel of this party bus what did you expect!?!?!?!?

This is IMO just a disaster the way they went about it.

So if I've been following the process properly, they're saying the committee will choose 3 from the names submitted and then there will be a public vote to decide which of those 3 is the name?  If so, the public vote could/likely will be a complete mess.

I was weak and decided to submit names I felt the committee (Kelley) was more likely to accept.  Flames (UND logo and eternal flame on campus) and Nodaks (just keep the interlocking ND logo, most palatable to those still in denial on the name transition).  They will inevitably be turned to Flamers and NoD*cks by our rivals, but any name can and will be.