SiouxSports.com Forum

Green meadowlarks?

cowboys5xsbs

Am I invisible? Lol

Just for the record, yet again, for the thousandth time on here for reasons I've already discussed ad nauseum, I HATE Roughriders. (Sigh). that felt good.

Ditto -- I hate Rough Riders, too.  That's Red River HS mascot.  It's too long (too many syllables to say in a cheer without shortening it).  And a Rough Rider never set foot in any part of the state except the Badlands.

Ditto -- I hate Rough Riders, too.  That's Red River HS mascot.  It's too long (too many syllables to say in a cheer without shortening it).  And a Rough Rider never set foot in any part of the state except the Badlands.

How many syllables in Fighting Sioux? Same as Rough Riders?

• Upvote 1

I bet Kelley would love the weak meadowlarks mascot. Let have a lame logo that doesn't mean anything. There is noway they committe will find a meaningful logo by May and especially one that they are going to convice fans to support.

SIOUX or nothing! That's my motto

So I was wondering if you could give me some proof that Kelley is in favor of lame mascots that don't mean anything? You ASSume, but provide no proof. 

The "Sioux or nothing" crowd is getting super annoying.  UND will never be the Sioux ever again.  Not going to happen.  Not sure what it will take for you and others to realize this.  Sure it sucks.  But accept reality.

I am all in on

The Fighting Suhaki

I know it was started as a joke but I love it.....stick it to the NCAA....

Let's watch some old time Fighting Suhaki

Herrrrrrressss.....your University of North Dakota Fighting Suhaki SCORING......

for the land of the free.....And the home of the........SUUUUUUUUUUUhaki.

I know it doesn't work for Basketball and Football as well.....but then again.....read my name....:LOL.....

Well, I'll put this out there even though it'll be ridiculed.  But I really don't care.  First of all, stop with the Rough Rider stuff.  That's taken.  Secondly, Here's what I like:

1) Fighting Sioux

2) No nickname

3) if there has to be a nickname that isn't Fighting Sioux, I like Northern Pike.  

Why?  It's the state fish.  Not a lot of teams use a fish so that makes it unique.  Goes with our color scheme.  One hell of a freshwater predator.  Same cadence as Fighting Sioux.

That is all for now...

Well, I'll put this out there even though it'll be ridiculed. But I really don't care. First of all, stop with the Rough Rider stuff. That's taken. Secondly, Here's what I like:

1) Fighting Sioux

2) No nickname

3) if there has to be a nickname that isn't Fighting Sioux, I like Northern Pike.

Why? It's the state fish. Not a lot of teams use a fish so that makes it unique. Goes with our color scheme. One hell of a freshwater predator. Same cadence as Fighting Sioux.

That is all for now...

Can we throw a pike on the ice after a goal?

So I was wondering if you could give me some proof that Kelley is in favor of lame mascots that don't mean anything? You ASSume, but provide no proof.

The "Sioux or nothing" crowd is getting super annoying. UND will never be the Sioux ever again. Not going to happen. Not sure what it will take for you and others to realize this. Sure it sucks. But accept reality.

I realize the Sioux logo will not ever be coming back so that's why I'm a fan of no mascot at all. All we need is ND. Kelley is a pile and always will be and I wish he would go back to California.

• Upvote 1

I realize the Sioux logo will not ever be coming back so that's why I'm a fan of no mascot at all. All we need is ND. Kelley is a pile and always will be and I wish he would go back to California.

I get it that you are mad that the Fighting Sioux name is gone.  I am there with ya.  It sucks.  It was a great name and the tribes supported it.  One tribe wasn't given a chance to voice their approval and that's unfortunate.  So I am trying to figure out why you and others are mad at Kelley.  Is it because he is the current President of the university and as one of his jobs he is in charge of overseeing the process of selecting a new name?  If it were Tom CLifford or any other president in charce right now would you be as mad at them as you are Kelley?  Possibly you are just focusing your frustration at Kelly because you need someone to cpmplain about and Mark Emmert is just too far away to complain about.  I am not here to defend Kelley for everything he does.  But you are really focusing your frustration on the wrong person.  He was not even president of UND when the NCA came out with their list of "hostile and abusive" names.  I understand you are mad.  But be mad at the right people.  Be mad at the NCAA for coming up with a rediculous ruling.  Be mad at our State congressman for not taking a bigger stand. Be mad at the Standing Rock tribal council who would not allow its tribal members to vote on the issue knowing that their would be overwhelming support.  Kelley is simply moving us forward to selecting a new name.  Which we must do.  So I get it.  you and others can be mad at the situation.  But be mad at the right people.

• Upvote 3

I get it that you are mad that the Fighting Sioux name is gone.  I am there with ya.  It sucks.  It was a great name and the tribes supported it.  One tribe wasn't given a chance to voice their approval and that's unfortunate.  So I am trying to figure out why you and others are mad at Kelley.  Is it because he is the current President of the university and as one of his jobs he is in charge of overseeing the process of selecting a new name?  If it were Tom CLifford or any other president in charce right now would you be as mad at them as you are Kelley?  Possibly you are just focusing your frustration at Kelly because you need someone to cpmplain about and Mark Emmert is just too far away to complain about.  I am not here to defend Kelley for everything he does.  But you are really focusing your frustration on the wrong person.  He was not even president of UND when the NCA came out with their list of "hostile and abusive" names.  I understand you are mad.  But be mad at the right people.  Be mad at the NCAA for coming up with a rediculous ruling.  Be mad at our State congressman for not taking a bigger stand. Be mad at the Standing Rock tribal council who would not allow its tribal members to vote on the issue knowing that their would be overwhelming support.  Kelley is simply moving us forward to selecting a new name.  Which we must do.  So I get it.  you and others can be mad at the situation.  But be mad at the right people.

I agree, I thought it was the SBoHE (Kelley's BOSSES!!) that told him to retire the name. I would like to see how far other people get when their boss gives a direct order and you say no. 

http://ndgoon.blogspot.com/2012/06/nd-sbohe-directs-und-to-retire-fighting.html

The state Board of Higher Education has directed the University of North Dakota to retire its Fighting Sioux nickname.

Now enough of the Kelley bashing folks.

I am all in on

The Fighting Suhaki

I know it was started as a joke but I love it.....stick it to the NCAA....

Let's watch some old time Fighting Suhaki

Herrrrrrressss.....your University of North Dakota Fighting Suhaki SCORING......

for the land of the free.....And the home of the........SUUUUUUUUUUUhaki.

I know it doesn't work for Basketball and Football as well.....but then again.....read my name....:LOL.....

This would be 1000x worse than the Sundogs idea that Goon keeps insisting is Kelley's choice.

• Upvote 1