SiouxSports.com Forum

Target Center Fail

guy-ser

Target center can't seem to figure things out. Total mess getting people into the game, arena was too warm leading to some pretty soft ice, and the bands just don't sound right, hearing them, then hearing them out of the speakers.

We were freezing last yr and I wad shedding layers pregame this yr. Very sick of people being let back to their seats during play and even worse are concession guys standing in the way. At one point, I was trying to look around a beer guy for several mins (when no one is buying) and then another dude strolls in holding his rack of cotton candy up in front of everyone.

I HATE THE BIG TEN, I HATE MINNEAPOLIS. BRING BACK THE WCHA, THE FINAL FIVE, ST. PAUL AND THE WAY EVERYTHING WAS BACK WHEN IT WAS MUCH MORE FUN. SURE IT SUCKED WHEN THE SIOUX LOST, BUT IT WAS STILL BETTER THAN IT IS NOW. ALSO, BRING BACK THE OLD ARENA AND TRUE FANS INSTEAD OF THIS BIG CORPORATE MARKET CRAP.

• Upvote 1

I HATE THE BIG TEN, I HATE MINNEAPOLIS. BRING BACK THE WCHA, THE FINAL FIVE, ST. PAUL AND THE WAY EVERYTHING WAS BACK WHEN IT WAS MUCH MORE FUN. SURE IT SUCKED WHEN THE SIOUX LOST, BUT IT WAS STILL BETTER THAN IT IS NOW. ALSO, BRING BACK THE OLD ARENA AND TRUE FANS INSTEAD OF THIS BIG CORPORATE MARKET CRAP.

You can blame the guy that gave all that money to Penn St. to start men's and women's hockey for this mess.  I agree with you that the NCHC tournament sucks compared to the old Final Five, but there are some positives with the realignment.  You are seeing programs like MSU-Mankato, Ferris State and even long-dormant Michigan Tech assert themselves nationally.  Also, schools like Arizona State either will or are thinking about starting programs of their own.  The Target Center just needs to get their crap together.  I don't remember the Final Five being this badly run when it was at Target Center in the late 1990's (before the X opened).

At least the ushers weren't nazis today. But if this tourney somehow was sold out.....after the Sioux game woulda been a disaster and people would have gotten hurt. It coulda gotten really bad the way they couldn't get the fans out of the building because they were putting wristbands on every fans hand one at a time.

No one has mentioned the ticket bid office fail too! They had 2 windows open selling tickets and I bet 1000 Sioux fans waiting I. many of those fans missed most of the 1st period. Yea, I got it Target Center......"you can buy tickets online and avoid the". At $15 extra bucks per ticket in fees online, it makes no sense.

I sent the commish a note during the game and he personally reached to me to see if I got into the game. Classy move by him, but TC is not a venue for hockey. BTW.....all the fans chanting "we want the X" after the game in front of the box office lobby was awesome!

No one has mentioned the ticket bid office fail too! They had 2 windows open selling tickets and I bet 1000 Sioux fans waiting I. many of those fans missed most of the 1st period. Yea, I got it Target Center......"you can buy tickets online and avoid the". At $15 extra bucks per ticket in fees online, it makes no sense.

I sent the commish a note during the game and he personally reached to me to see if I got into the game. Classy move by him, but TC is not a venue for hockey. BTW.....all the fans chanting "we want the X" after the game in front of the box office lobby was awesome!

Yes, what a cluster! We came down from the skyway level down into the lobby to get our tix from will call and that lobby was damn near 100% packed full of people who were in line to get past the full body cavity search to get into the TC. We had to push our way through the crown going against the flow of people to get over to the will call tickets (bought tix on Groupon earlier, thanks to the poster who put that on a previous thread by the way) and there must have been 500 people trying to get up to the will call window. It was a mash up of people all trying to get to the same place and the line dividers didn't extend all the way back. Wasn't like that last year but then again the Sioux played the late game and we got there for the first game. Learned a valuable lesson this year though regarding picking up tickets well before game time if the Sioux play the early game again in the future. We ended up getting off the escalator on level 2 at 407 puck drop time and into our seats 5 minutes into the game.

It was ridiculous getting in the doors and past the security pat down. Is that how it is getting into a Twolves game? I thougt the atmosphere was great though both inside and outside the arena. I never went to the Final Five, so I have no point of reference.

Shyty ice, boards, plexi glass, but otherwise it was great. My God what a joke. On top of that a door opened not once but twice during play from a someone getting checked into it. Thought there was going to be a riot trying to get out of there. Ran out of wrist bands so we had to wait even longer yet to get out of the place. Bring back the wcha. Please.

It was ridiculous getting in the doors and past the security pat down. Is that how it is getting into a Twolves game? I thougt the atmosphere was great though both inside and outside the arena. I never went to the Final Five, so I have no point of reference.

Absolutely nothing had changed at TC since the 2001 WCHA Final Five. Spent the championship game freezing in the upper deck. I don't think staff there can tell the difference between a puck and a pumpkin. And that includes the body searches. Totally clueless.

I will never go to another hockey game at Target Center (after today)- love the hotel Hilton Marquette - dont feel real safe in downtown Minneapolis & I have been to more final fives than I can count - the x was so wonderful the target center is terrible

many NCHC officials staying in this hotel & I have told them how I feel

I will never go to another hockey game at Target Center (after today)- love the hotel Hilton Marquette - dont feel real safe in downtown Minneapolis & I have been to more final fives than I can count - the x was so wonderful the target center is terrible

Damn glad I get to go to a real arena today to watch the Wild at the X. As the game went on at Target Center the more I disliked it. At first I thought this isn't so bad and I even told Snake that. But damn the place needs to get its shyt together in the future or I may never come back.

From my perspective, the North Dakota hockey team failed way more than the Target Center. The hockey I watched was much more annoying to me than anything concerning the venue.

In case you missed the memo, the only way to win playoff hockey is to get lucky. Even though we are the #1 team in America, we need to rely on "luck" to win it all.

Do you ever hear football or basketball fans saying their team needs to get lucky to win in the playoffs? I haven't. Especially not the best team.

Damn glad I get to go to a real arena today to watch the Wild at the X. As the game went on at Target Center the more I disliked it. At first I thought this isn't so bad and I even told Snake that. But damn the place needs to get its shyt together in the future or I may never come back.

I sure hope they can get it together, but the year one to year two "improvements" are hardly visible. I was pretty upset that it took 20 minutes to get through the lobby and into the game. The TSA screening was a bit over the top. As for the game experience, I cant understand why they don't use the fascia scoreboard to display the score and game time like every other arena in the country. It was odd having to look up to the center-hung scoreboard all the time.

I think my favorite part of the game was the Mountain Dew chugging contest.