SiouxSports.com Forum

The 2015 Major League Baseball Mega-Thread

MafiaMan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I can't be the only one that thinks A Rod is still using PED's.

I've never been one to get mad about a player using PED's (surprise coming from a Red Sox fan!) since that was the even playing field during the steroid era. Players like Luis Gonzalez and Brady Anderson were hitting 50+ home runs. There's also some thought that some of the influence was due to juiced baseballs at the time as well. Also if you're going to hate someone for using PED's, you also have to hate Hank Aaron and Willie Mays for using amphetamines. 

I hate A-Rod because of the Bronson Arroyo thing in the 2004 ALCS.

Also I highly doubt he is back on them. There probably isn't a person in sports being tested more strenuously than A-Rod besides maybe Braun.

• 4 weeks later...

Arrieta pitches a complete game 2 hitter against the White Sox to go to 10-5 on the year. Lester gets to where he can be and that will be a damn good one two punch at the top of the rotation with Hammel being a quality 3 starter. Cubs go into the break at 47-40 and I think any Cub fan would of took that at the beginning of the season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

As someone who watched that '86 Series, I will not be rooting for the Mets...Here's hoping the Royals win it all.

Ugh, it still hurts thinking about game 6.

Totally understand that. I remember when I was 13 and Aaron f-ing Boone hit that home run in game 7 of the 2003 ALCS and crying afterwards. I thought that was going to be my defining memory as a sports fan and was starting to buy into the whole Red Sox will never win a world series mindset. Then I got the greatest comeback in baseball history the following year. I still get bad feelings thinking about that home run and the nerves of watching Varitek catch for Wakefield.

Totally understand that. I remember when I was 13 and Aaron f-ing Boone hit that home run in game 7 of the 2003 ALCS and crying afterwards. I thought that was going to be my defining memory as a sports fan and was starting to buy into the whole Red Sox will never win a world series mindset. Then I got the greatest comeback in baseball history the following year. I still get bad feelings thinking about that home run and the nerves of watching Varitek catch for Wakefield.

Yeah, 2003 was painful...and then to go down 3-0 in 2004 was the old 'Here we go again' for Sox fans...but their incredible comeback made it all worthwhile...ESPN's Four Days in October documentary is must see for any Sox/baseball fan.

My good friend from Jamestown Darin Erstad is in the conversation for the Dodgers Managers job. Long shot obviously but he's getting a look.

As the Los Angeles Dodgers look to replace former manager Don Mattingly, FOX Sports MLB Insider Ken Rosenthal reports former MLB player and current Nebraska Huskers baseball coach Darin Erstad will be getting an interview for the position.