SiouxSports.com Forum

The 2014-2015 NHL Non-Penguins Non-Bruins Thread

MafiaMan

Yeah, that was a maddening 3rd. Can't wait to see the next two, those are the games Washington has to learn how to win in the playoffs.

Hard to believe the Capitals are sitting behind the team-that-shall-not-be-named in the standings. After signing Brooks Orpik and Matt Niskanen, I thought that Washington would be near the top of the standings this season.

Ranger look like the favorite coming out of the East to me if Talbot can keep doing what he is doing until Lunquist comes back. Looking forward to watching them at the X April 2nd when they take on the Wild. Tics are in hand.

Definitely. Dominant defense and speed upon speed upon speed.

So no B-word or no P-word?

This thread may get Wild. 

I also bet that no Canucks (that's slang for Canadien) will become Kings of this thread. If they do I'll have to sing the Blues. 

For you Flyers out there: Is it true that Lightning has never taken down any Jets? I may have to write a letter to the Capitals and ask the Senators. Then again, they may be dealing with an Avalanche of issues relating to Oilers and after train wrecks, Flames. 

• Upvote 1

I also bet that no Canucks (that's slang for Canadien) will become Kings of this thread. If they do I'll have to sing the Blues. 

For you Flyers out there: Is it true that Lightning has never taken down any Jets? I may have to write a letter to the Capitals and ask the Senators. Then again, they may be dealing with an Avalanche of issues relating to Oilers and after train wrecks, Flames. 

95.gif

Who creates a thread with no B-word or no P-word?

halfbaked-boo.gif

• Upvote 1

Hard to believe the Capitals are sitting behind the team-that-shall-not-be-named in the standings. After signing Brooks Orpik and Matt Niskanen, I thought that Washington would be near the top of the standings this season.

Last night's game goes the other way and it would have been a 3 point gap between Caps and NYR. That's part of why so many people were viewing these three games as important -- in addition to being a good test of playoff style hockey, they were big in the standings for both teams.

Who creates a thread with no B-word or no P-word?

halfbaked-boo.gif

Exactly... Here's something that will inflame the masses. If they Wild keep up their current trajectory, they could surpass the Blackhawks. 

(since my last went so well ... ) 

Allow me to put on one of my Blue Jackets and think about life further. 

As a random musing, I hope to never be stranded in the ocean, a lone Islander, during massive storms like Hurricanes. I suspect all the Predators of land and sea, like Panthers, Coyotes, and Sharks, come out before and after, and those can be real Devils. Then again, having a clear view of the Stars wouldn't be so bad. Hopefully I'd have some Sabres with me for chopping up Ducks for supper. I think a nice Maple Leaf salad would go with it. Is there such a thing as ocean Rangers who would look for stranded folks? They'd probably fly helocopters, Blackhawks, or small planes with Red Wings. 

(since my last went so well ... )

Allow me to put on one of my Blue Jackets and think about life further.

As a random musing, I hope to never be stranded in the ocean, a lone Islander, during massive storms like Hurricanes. I suspect all the Predators of land and sea, like Panthers, Coyotes, and Sharks, come out before and after, and those can be real Devils. Then again, having a clear view of the Stars wouldn't be so bad. Hopefully I'd have some Sabres with me for chopping up Ducks for supper. I think a nice Maple Leaf salad would go with it. Is there such a thing as ocean Rangers who would look for stranded folks? They'd probably fly helocopters, Blackhawks, or small planes with Red Wings.

Stick to your day job - the iPod thread.

Wild were dead in the water after 2 periods and then boom they wake up and win their 8th in a row on the road over the Preds in overtime 3-2. Yes!!!!!!!!!!!

That was a nice recovery after Josi hung those 2 on them.  Dumba's postgame interview was funny - he was clearly nervous as heck, but when asked about that OT goal, he talked about Parise heading up ice and "they were having to wait for me to try to catch up".  He's made great strides this year, and considering he's only 20, should only get better.