SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Sano demoted not to AAA, not to AA, but to single A ball. That’s how bad he’s been this season. 

I was telling a buddy this... I've literally NEVER seen this without an injury. Supposedly it has to do with Sano getting more 1-on-1 instruction since ST HQ is down there, but the optics sure are bad. 

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

Is that directed at Falvey/Levine or the Pohlad brothers?  

Falvey/Levine.

Granted, 9 games out with 82 play can be done if they can get their stuff together. But they are shown zero signs of doing so. Polanco getting suspended hurt. No idea when Sano will be back up, no idea when Santana is going to pitch again, no idea when Buxton is going to play again. The Free agent acquisitions have been more miss than hit. Rotation is a mess again.  The team has been a mess (but not 2016 mess at least). 

They will probably wait until later in the month, but they are going to need a white hot month to go back to being buyers. The Division is their only shot.

Bigger questions are starting to bubble up:  Sano and Buxton SHOULD be the cornerstones and neither one has consistently shown that. At some point.... the Twins are going to have to make a decision on those two.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

This post did not age well.

It didn't, but the context of the post was during all the snowstorms in April the Twins weren't getting any games in, so I figured they would have appreciated going on the road so they could play.

If you want a better one, I did say I thought they could win 90 games this year... whoops!

5 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

It didn't, but the context of the post was during all the snowstorms in April the Twins weren't getting any games in, so I figured they would have appreciated going on the road so they could play.

If you want a better one, I did say I thought they could win 90 games this year... whoops!

Hahaha... yeah not a knock on you or your post just a general.... wow the twins suck reply....

They could have won 90.... but the level of effort and execution has just been the lowest ive ever seen.

Its like the players are even bored playing baseball at this point.

Coaching? Team makeup? Whatvu think they need?

2 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Hahaha... yeah not a knock on you or your post just a general.... wow the twins suck reply....

They could have won 90.... but the level of effort and execution has just been the lowest ive ever seen.

Its like the players are even bored playing baseball at this point.

Coaching? Team makeup? Whatvu think they need?

I don't think they will make any coaching moves, the issue has been the bullpen being overtaxed, everyone but Rosario and Escobar struggled, injured, or demoted, and the rotation outside of Berrios and Gibson (and the occacsional Odorizzi start) has not been great.

So even if everything started to click, Ervin comes back, etc. I still don't think they are catching Cleveland.  So its time to start looking at 2019.  

I think its time to say goodbye to Dozier, LoMo, Lynn, Rodney, call up some kids and start playing for 2019... unless they rip off 12 straight. 

5 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I don't think they will make any coaching moves, the issue has been the bullpen being overtaxed, everyone but Rosario and Escobar struggled, injured, or demoted, and the rotation outside of Berrios and Gibson (and the occacsional Odorizzi start) has not been great.

So even if everything started to click, Ervin comes back, etc. I still don't think they are catching Cleveland.  So its time to start looking at 2019.  

I think its time to say goodbye to Dozier, LoMo, Lynn, Rodney, call up some kids and start playing for 2019... unless they rip off 12 straight. 

I think it's time to sell. I haven't seen anything or any numbers that would lead me to believe that they're a playoff team this year. 

2-8 in the last 10.

20-20 at home so far this year.

15-26 on the road so far this year.

Not a good first half.

31 minutes ago, siouxforcefans said:

reminded this weekend, that at least the Twins aren't Baltimore!  Always love getting a sweep, but Baltimore is just bad at baseball.

Um, ... yup. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-slugger-who-is-on-track-for-the-worst-single-season-in-baseball-history-1531085328