Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fetch

Twins ?

Recommended Posts

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 5:00 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

So the 45 year old bargin bin pitcher is doing better than Gibson... yeah didn't see that one coming.

8 out of the next 11 against White Soxs, can you say cupcakes?  70 wins by Sept 1 please!!!! 

Well they got to 70 by Sept 1.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

Twins win with a walk off HBP. Not sure I remember ever seeing that before.

I don't recall seeing one myself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

That was a good call. Anymore predictions?

I pegged them to win 79 games this year; a twenty game improvement over last year....with 29 games to go, I'm pretty sure they will surpass 79 wins.  Nice job Twinkies!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sioux rube said:

I don't recall seeing one myself. 

April 28, 1961: The fourth loss in the history of the Twins is still one of the weirder ones. They fall, 6-5 in 12 innings, to the expansion Angels with the winning run scoring on a walk-off hit-by-pitch.

The Twins loose another game by walk-off HBP, on June 19, 1986 also to the Angels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw an interesting stat today. For the first time in Twins history they had 5 players with 20 or more RBI's in a month. Rosario, Buxton, Kepler, Polanco, and Dozier. Hopefully this indicates our young guys are trending in the right direction being as Dozier is the only veteran on the list. Just need some of the young pitchers to develop and they could be real good in the next few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

April 28, 1961: The fourth loss in the history of the Twins is still one of the weirder ones. They fall, 6-5 in 12 innings, to the expansion Angels with the winning run scoring on a walk-off hit-by-pitch.

The Twins loose another game by walk-off HBP, on June 19, 1986 also to the Angels.

The last time they won a game that way was in 1996 when our current manager was HBP for the walk off win. Seems to me I should remember something that rare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

You have just witnessed MLB History! The #mntwins are the first team to ever hit a home run in each of the 1st 7 innings of a game!

It's nice to watch meaningful baseball in September. Hoping this offensive outburst is just the beginning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

They need to take advantage of this homestand.  Be nice to see them go 5-1

If they get to 87 wins, its off to New York. 

Might as well just copy what Cleveland is doing. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

What Cleveland is doing is off the charts.

21 straight now. Of those 21 games 7 have been shutouts. The run differential in those 21 games is +102. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Big extra innings win by the Twins last night.

Had my doubts after the Padres tied it up. This team is so fun to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

We still got 3 games against them, hope they've cooled off by then.

One thing the Twins do have is a 5-1 record in Cleveland.  I'm more concern about Toronto this weekend.  Need 3 out of 4 here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Had my doubts after the Padres tied it up. This team is so fun to watch.

Molitor has to be a candidate for Manager of the Year. From the worst record in the majors in 2016 to a playoff contender in 2017. That is pretty good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

One thing the Twins do have is a 5-1 record in Cleveland.  I'm more concern about Toronto this weekend.  Need 3 out of 4 here.

7 home games left- 4 vs TOR and 3 VS DET.

10 road games left- 3 VS NYY, 4 VS DET, and 3 VS CLE.

Only NYY and CLE have winning records.

Twins are .500 at home and 7 games above .500 on the road.

They control their own destiny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

7 home games left- 4 vs TOR and 3 VS DET.

10 road games left- 3 VS NYY, 4 VS DET, and 3 VS CLE.

Only NYY and CLE have winning records.

Twins are .500 at home and 7 games above .500 on the road.

They control their own destiny.

They do, but they have to take advantage.  There is always a playoff team that seems to have that schedule and not take advantage and miss out.  They have so far winning the two against the Padres, they need to keep it up.   If they can go 11-6 the rest of the way, no way Angels make up the ground.  

 

3 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Molitor has to be a candidate for Manager of the Year. From the worst record in the majors in 2016 to a playoff contender in 2017. That is pretty good.

Worse case he will get himself a new contract. He will be a candidate but I don't think he'll win it unfortunately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Twins schedule - Toronto (4), Detroit (7), Yanks (3), Cleveland (3)

Angels - Texas (3), Cleveland (3), Houston (4), White Sox (4), Seattle (3)

 

If the Twin 10 of 17 the Angels need to go 12-5 to tie.  That would be tough with their schedule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×