SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 5:30 PM, sioux rube said:

Yep. Typical Twins move. 

Not a typical twins move because they moved him right away for better/younger prospects. You need to remember that the new GM is working with a deplated farm system and old players that are not that great anymore. The new GM is making moves that Terry Ryan would never even think of.

2 hours ago, siouxkid12 said:

Not a typical twins move because they moved him right away for better/younger prospects. You need to remember that the new GM is working with a deplated farm system and old players that are not that great anymore. The new GM is making moves that Terry Ryan would never even think of.

It was a typical move at the time. Yes it isn't a typical move now that they traded him to the Yankees for a couple prospects. Terry Ryan was not good at what he did and the Twins hung onto him far to long. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

So should we expect Dougie M to be managing the squad on opening day 2018?  I just don't see them hanging on to Molly unless they somehow right the ship and make the playoffs

I don't think Molly should be expected to make the playoffs with this group.

3 hours ago, sioux rube said:

It was a typical move at the time. Yes it isn't a typical move now that they traded him to the Yankees for a couple prospects. Terry Ryan was not good at what he did and the Twins hung onto him far to long. 

again, it is not a typical move from the twins. if you have watched the twins front office all season you would see that everything they (the new GM) are doing is nothing like the twins of old. i am willing to bet that there will be more moves all the way until the Twins season is done. For the twins to be successful they need to implode first and you will see it with some smart moves in the next coming weeks/months.

2 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

I don't think Molly should be expected to make the playoffs with this group.

I really think Falvey and Levine want to get their guy into the system for manager.  Mollys contract is up after this year, and they can go any direction they want to after that.  If they do go in a different direction, I feel that they would go outside, but I wouldn't be shocked if they picked Mientkiewicz and stayed in house (and he wouldn't be a bad option either). 

11 minutes ago, cberkas said:

The Twins kept Colon and traded Garcia? 

Garcia has had an era well over 4, in the national league, the last couple years. The twins are still rebuilding as far as I can see so they let him go for two prospects. I'm sure if they could get prospects for Colon they'd trade him too.

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 7:39 PM, cberkas said:

The Twins kept Colon and traded Garcia? 

right now it looks like a genius move. 7 shutout innings tonight.

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 7:53 PM, UNDMOORHEAD said:

Garcia has had an era well over 4, in the national league, the last couple years. The twins are still rebuilding as far as I can see so they let him go for two prospects. I'm sure if they could get prospects for Colon they'd trade him too.

One of the prospects they got for Garcia is starting tomorrow. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Buxton named AL player of the week and what a week it was. 5 homers, 10 RBI, 9 runs, 1.161 ops, and a .333 average.

I hope this can end the whole Buxton is a bust conversation.  Imagine if he has another September like he did last year.

• Upvote 4

On 8/28/2017 at 9:24 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

I hope this can end the whole Buxton is a bust conversation.  Imagine if he has another September like he did last year.

Buxton went through what a lot of guys do....I watched Jackie Bradley Jr. of the Red Sox really struggle, especially at the plate, his first two years.  Last year he hit 26 home runs and had a career high for batting average.  Buxton appears to have found his stride and looks comfortable in the batters box.  I think they finally quit messing with his swing and let him do what works for him...as far as defense goes, the guy is lights out.

13 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Buxton went through what a lot of guys do....I watched Jackie Bradley Jr. of the Red Sox really struggle, especially at the plate, his first two years.  Last year he hit 26 home runs and had a career high for batting average.  Buxton appears to have found his stride and looks comfortable in the batters box.  I think they finally quit messing with his swing and let him do what works for him...as far as defense goes, the guy is lights out.

They "quit messing with his swing?"  The guy used to have a huge leg kick/stride that they've tamed considerably. He's now able to stay back and not flail at breaking balls like he used to.  I'd say a lot of the changes they've asked him to make are now paying dividends.  He's been damn fun to watch!

• Upvote 1