SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

I don't know that they have a realistic shot at the playoffs this season - You can't have those 2 week long let downs, and can't get swept by anyone, even the Yankees, if you're going to be a contender - but I really like the progress I'm seeing from these guys.  Yesterday's tying run was pure, flat out, hustle.  The winning run came from mistakes by Baltimore, but those were mistakes the Twins aren't making right now.  Very encouraging for staying competitive down the stretch and for setting up for 2016.

5 game win streak and on the road no less. 37 games left. 19 at home and 18 on the road. Wild card can be done

5 in a row now.  Sano homered again

5 game win streak and on the road no less. 37 games left. 19 at home and 18 on the road. Wild card can be done

A week ago, the Twins were swept by the Yankees.  Blowing all 3 games, bullpen in shambles, wondering if the ride was over.

Now.  6 straight wins and will be back in the 2nd wild card position by half a game.  

Go for broke.  Bring Berrios up now and go for it all.

I'm sure he will be a September call up. At least I hope he is.

Edited by sioux rube

No idea what is holding the Twins from calling Berrios up. He would be an instant upgrade over at the very least Santana and Milone and probably over Gibson at this point.

Berrios probably isn't going to get called up at all this season because they are trying to control the number of innings that he is pitching. Before this year, the highest number of innings he has ever pitched in a year is 140, which he pitched last year. He pitched about 100 the year before. The original plan for the year was to have him pitch 160-180 because they don't want to increase the number of innings per year too quickly. He is at 155 already this year. That gives him 1 to 3 starts left for the year. It's possible that they could call him up to use him in the bullpen during the September roster expansion, and only use him a little bit. But, it is highly unlikely that he will be a starting pitcher for the Twins this year because of concerns about over-taxing his arm with too many innings.

He's going to look good in a Red Sox uniform in a year or two...better lock him down Twins!

That is the big question for the Twins. When Target Field opened up, the Pohlad family said this would give them the revenues they needed to hang onto players and thus be perennial contenders. That claim is going to be tested in the next couple of years as the team adds more and more young talent from the minors.

The Pohlad's are out of alibis for letting players sign with other teams and then having those teams win championships with them (David Ortiz anyone?). When this team is a championship contender in a couple of years and it is time to lock down the cornerstones of the team for the future, it will be time to put up or shut up.

Great game tonight by Twins 

This could get exciting 

Even Mauer earned his money tonight

So going 1-5 and leaving 2 runners in scoring position is earning his 23 mil a year? Alrighty then. Oh he did have 1 RBI. Yep earned his money.

Sano is a man child. His homer to tie it at 5 was yet another bomb and his home trot was even better.

• Upvote 2

So going 1-5 and leaving 2 runners in scoring position is earning his 23 mil a year? Alrighty then. Oh he did have 1 RBI. Yep earned his money.

Sano is a man child. His homer to tie it at 5 was yet another bomb and his home trot was even better.

too soon to talk about a very long term extension for Sano?

The Summer of Sano!

Once Mauer's contract is up it will be time to pay Sano. He will be a Twins for a long time. You heard that here first.

I think Mauer still has 3 full years on his contract; not sure how long Sano's current deal is for...Twins should pay Sano; they wasted enough money on Nolasco, Santana, and Hughes.