SiouxSports.com Forum

More Summit movement?

Dagger

Some people like hockey some don't. Making generalizations about fans bases doesnt really matter, but go ahead if you must.

What matters is your ability to fund sports so you can have success in DI. Clearly hockey is a financial drag on the two major national sports, and has no place in ndsu's current model. Adding hockey would be a negative, regardless of your like or dislike of the sport.

Some people like hockey some don't. Making generalizations about fans bases doesnt really matter, but go ahead if you must.

What matters is your ability to fund sports so you can have success in DI. Clearly hockey is a financial drag on the two major national sports, and has no place in ndsu's current model. Adding hockey would be a negative, regardless of your like or dislike of the sport.

So, if I hear you right, NDSU screwed themselves over 15-30 years ago, because that was the right time to start hockey. With hockey, how could the bisons ever raised the money it needed, and still needs, for the ole shi***, I mean BSA. NDSU has too many needs now. Got ya!

Hockey isn't worth it, when you need to add a women's program to the mix you are taking on massive costs for the chance of a small return in revenue and exposure. 

What makes you think that NDSU would need to add a women's program?  Their participation numbers clearly show that the proportionality prong is not how they comply with Title IX and therefore not really a concern.

What makes you think that NDSU would need to add a women's program?  Their participation numbers clearly show that the proportionality prong is not how they comply with Title IX and therefore not really a concern.

Exactly. NDSU is at 282 men, 129 women now. They'd add 28 mens hockey players to make a round 300 mens, and then add a couple dollars to their volleyball assistant coach salaries and say they've done wonderful things for womens athletics. 

Exactly. NDSU is at 282 men, 129 women now. They'd add 28 mens hockey players to make a round 300 mens, and then add a couple dollars to their volleyball assistant coach salaries and say they've done wonderful things for womens athletics. 

Hay, it seems to be working.  

So, if I hear you right, NDSU screwed themselves over 15-30 years ago, because that was the right time to start hockey. With hockey, how could the bisons ever raised the money it needed, and still needs, for the ole shi***, I mean BSA. NDSU has too many needs now. Got ya!

Having hockey will likely cause UND to drop a few of its sports as it tries to be competitive in DI. So why would you suggest NDSU add sports, so NDSU can have more underfunded sports too?

Having hockey will likely cause UND to drop a few of its sports as it tries to be competitive in DI. So why would you suggest NDSU add sports, so NDSU can have more underfunded sports too?

Hockey does not cause any sports at UND to be underfunded.

Has having women's hockey though?

I wouldn't put it on women's hockey. There are other sports that could be cut. Some of them men's sports.

FU has proven that there are different ways to meet title 9 requirements. How they do it works. Someone really needs to explain to me the benefit of UND sponsoring all the sports they do to meet these requirements.

• Upvote 2