SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU Gameyear Thread

geaux_sioux

He's your nephew right? Either way he's got the measurables that GMs drool over. He's a great all around athletes and very smart. He's got a lot going for him, he just needs to have a great season and win everything.

The reason I wad poking holes in the previous statement is because he was doing the old ndsu fan stretching the truth about their players greatness thing. It gets old.

Some ndsu fans think Crockett can be an emotional leader in the NFL locker room... Very difficult group to reason with.

Are you upset that my favorite college football team sells out every game and plays on national television even though they haven't been declared a national champion since '88?

Maybe not upset, more so mystified or puzzled to be honest. Not sure what folks are drinking.

He's your nephew right? Either way he's got the measurables that GMs drool over. He's a great all around athletes and very smart. He's got a lot going for him, he just needs to have a great season and win everything.

The reason I wad poking holes in the previous statement is because he was doing the old ndsu fan stretching the truth about their players greatness thing. It gets old.

Yes he is. Damn proud of the kid because I know all the work he has put in to get where he is at. On top of that he is as humble of a guy as you will find.

Oregon isn't a powerhouse. UCLA certainly is not. Princeton and Yale were definitely powerhouses in the day.

Agree 100%, UCLA Princeton and Yale currently not power houses. Gotta think though Oregon is a powerhouse though, seems like they've been in the hunt/top 10 (I could be wrong?) the past several years/decade, have they not?

Agree 100%, UCLA Princeton and Yale currently not power houses. Gotta think though Oregon is a powerhouse though, seems like they've been in the hunt/top 10 (I could be wrong?) the past several years/decade, have they not?

No. Oregon flops every year

Some ndsu fans think Crockett can be an emotional leader in the NFL locker room... Very difficult group to reason with.

I'm not sure that Crockett has the physical ability to play in the NFL. But, if he can get himself into a regular position in an NFL lineup, I don't doubt that he can be an emotional leader in the locker room for whatever team that might play for. Crockett's an outgoing, high energy kind of guy. He fits the profile of a locker room leader well.

I'm not sure that Crockett has the physical ability to play in the NFL. But, if he can get himself into a regular position in an NFL lineup, I don't doubt that he can be an emotional leader in the locker room for whatever team that might play for. Crockett's an outgoing, high energy kind of guy. He fits the profile of a locker room leader well.

I agree.  Crockett has some shortcomings when comparing to NFL talent.  1) lacks a little vision 2) marginal lateral movement 3) if he has a hole for 3 yards, most times he gets you 3 yards (where an NFL type runner would get the 3 yards plus a couple more and even break long runs when nothing is there)  His physical upside is when he has a hole for a home run, he has the speed to break it, but at the next level??  He is also durable, I don't think he missed much game time.  All things considered.......I don't see NFL for him but it's an extremely high standard.

Who carries the ball more next year for SU??  Morelock or Fraizer?  I think both bring a little less to the table than Crockett, but what's the view from SU guys?  Anyone else going to get carries?

I agree. Crockett has some shortcomings when comparing to NFL talent. 1) lacks a little vision 2) marginal lateral movement 3) if he has a hole for 3 yards, most times he gets you 3 yards (where an NFL type runner would get the 3 yards plus a couple more and even break long runs when nothing is there) His physical upside is when he has a hole for a home run, he has the speed to break it, but at the next level?? He is also durable, I don't think he missed much game time. All things considered.......I don't see NFL for him but it's an extremely high standard.

Who carries the ball more next year for SU?? Morelock or Fraizer? I think both bring a little less to the table than Crockett, but what's the view from SU guys? Anyone else going to get carries?

Other than a hip pointer two seasons ago I don't think he had notable injuries.

The context of NDSU fans and revisionist history?

No, the context of the sentence you're critiquing is the NFL draft, and specifically the 2016 draft, since we're talking about Carson, who won't be available for the draft until 2016.

In addition to omitting "senior-to-be", Rory also didn't say that Carson was the #8 "college" QB in the nation. Are you going to criticize Rory for stretching the truth because there are more than 7 NFL QBs who would rate above him?

Interesting tweet I saw this morning...

@AnishESPN: For @NDSUfootball folks: Spoke to a scout last night who RAVED about QB Carson Wentz. Used Flacco as comp, said Wentz has 1st RD potential

Didn't they rave about Brock Jensen and yet he got cut in favor of the QB from Northern Colorado. Jensen isn't on any NFL roster, nor CFL either. I wouldn't put too much stock on what that scout said.

Didn't they rave about Brock Jensen and yet he got cut in favor of the QB from Northern Colorado. Jensen isn't on any NFL roster, nor CFL either. I wouldn't put too much stock on what that scout said.

Jensen didn't get near the attention Wentz is and they are 2 completely different quarterbacks. Wentz has as good of chance as any other North Dakota QB in the past to make it to the next level. I'm sure if he had decided to play for UND and this praise was directed at him still this place would explode.

No. The Scouts did not rave about Brock other than his leadership qualities.

Geez Darell, at least give the kid a little credit for being good.   I'm sure next you're going to say it's a good think we didn't sign Wentz after we showed interest in  him.

I think the Flacco comparison is about right

key word in that statement is POTENTIAL.

If he has another big year and a great pro day/combine... why can't he be a 1st round QB?

Wentz is a way better athlete. He doesn't throw as nice a ball though. Flacco is effortless.

Jensen didn't get near the attention Wentz is and they are 2 completely different quarterbacks. Wentz has as good of chance as any other North Dakota QB in the past to make it to the next level. I'm sure if he had decided to play for UND and this praise was directed at him still this place would explode.

Last I heard Jensen was the greatest QB ever at FU.

Geez Darell, at least give the kid a little credit for being good. I'm sure next you're going to say it's a good think we didn't sign Wentz after we showed interest in him.

I'm saying Bison fans gushed over how great Jensen was even saying the best ever, and how he can make it to the next level, was the 32 teams in the NFL wrong about him? Miami had him and cut him twice in favor of a guy from a bottom feeder UNC team. Wentz has played a full one seson as a starter and yet he is the next Flacco? I guess that would have made Jensen the next Montana or Manning going into the draft his senior year.