SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU Gameyear Thread

geaux_sioux

I already said UND was much more successful than NDSU during that time. Why do you continue to bring NDSU into it? Shouldn't you be bragging up the many national titles UND won against the cream of the crop?

The overwhelming idea I'm getting is you are content with beating NDSU, and anything else that is gravy.

A powerhouse doesn't necessary need to win a NC year after year to be labeled a powerhouse. Kansas basketball has won 1 NC since 1988 and won 3 overall aren't they known as a basketball powerhouse? It's the persona of winning your conference consistantly, winning playoff games, and beating good teams every year. Understand?

And how many conference titles and national titles did NDSU win in the 90's? How many playoff games did they host? That is what this discussion is about.  The fact that in the 90's, UND dominated not only NDSU, but had great success in the NCC as shown by the number of conference titles.  All that leading up to their National Championship in 2001. 

Does it get old for you having to be corrected all the time by facts?!! :)

Grand Valley was the king of the 90's. 

A powerhouse doesn't necessary need to win a NC year after year to be labeled a powerhouse. Kansas basketball has won 1 NC since 1988 and won 3 overall aren't they known as a basketball powerhouse? It's the persona of winning your conference consistantly, winning playoff games, and beating good teams every year. Understand?

Winning in Division 1 basketball is a very different deal and to compare it to division 2 football is just silly

Winning in Division 1 basketball is a very different deal and to compare it to division 2 football is just silly

Again we are talking about rising to power, being a powerhouse, and you don't need to win a NC to be a powerhouse.

Again we are talking about rising to power, being a powerhouse, and you don't need to win a NC to be a powerhouse.

......d'ohkay then. I'll remember that in the future. Don't need to win titles to be a powerhouse.

......d'ohkay then. I'll remember that in the future. Don't need to win titles to be a powerhouse.

Guess Oregon is not a powerhouse (no national titles) UCLA never a powerhouse only 1 NC, Princeton and Yale have the most and second most NC's...must be total football powerhouses.

Guess Oregon is not a powerhouse (no national titles) UCLA never a powerhouse only 1 NC, Princeton and Yale have the most and second most NC's...must be total football powerhouses.

Oregon isn't a powerhouse. UCLA certainly is not. Princeton and Yale were definitely powerhouses in the day.

It seems like schools that had a ton of success before the 70s are labeled as powerhouses forever unless they really fall off or change their motivation like the Ivy League schools did. Michigan is a great example in hockey and football. Their pre 1970 success is amazing, post is still very good but nothing compared to their reputation. NDSU since the 60's has been better than everyone at any level at football it's just how it is. UND is pretty similar in hockey. Maybe that means 4 straight is around the corner? Probably not but it would be nice.

• Upvote 1

Bubba's last experience against NDSU ended with I believe over 200 yards rushing in just over quarter.

I don't think ndsu will be anything special next year though. Should be neat to check the box score.

So an offense that has basically everyone back but the center and Crockett, won't be anything special?  A QB that many say will be the sleeper in the 2016 draft and is currently ranked #8 among quarterbacks in the nation according to CBS Sports? You be shy a few sandwiches in your lunchbox.

So an offense that has basically everyone back but the center and Crockett, won't be anything special? A QB that many say will be the sleeper in the 2016 draft and is currently ranked #8 among quarterbacks in the nation according to CBS Sports? You be shy a few sandwiches in your lunchbox.

Defense. Lost a lot of boys. Depends on how the new guys fill in.

So an offense that has basically everyone back but the center and Crockett, won't be anything special? A QB that many say will be the sleeper in the 2016 draft and is currently ranked #8 among quarterbacks in the nation according to CBS Sports? You be shy a few sandwiches in your lunchbox.

Among seniors to be in the nation. That's a very different ranking. Nice try though.

Among seniors to be in the nation. That's a very different ranking. Nice try though.

It seemed pretty clear to me that he was talking about Carson's current positional ranking for the 2016 draft, which has been pretty consistently in the 8 to 10 range. That will certainly change before April 2016. But 8th -10th among all prospective seniors QBs in the country is a pretty darn good ballplayer no matter how you look at it..

Nice try though.

It seemed pretty clear to me that he was talking about Carson's current positional ranking for the 2016 draft, which has been pretty consistently in the 8 to 10 range. That will certainly change before April 2016. But 8th -10th among all prospective seniors QBs in the country is a pretty darn good ballplayer no matter how you look at it..

Nice try though.

Well done.

He isn't to shabby though.

He's your nephew right? Either way he's got the measurables that GMs drool over. He's a great all around athletes and very smart. He's got a lot going for him, he just needs to have a great season and win everything.

The reason I wad poking holes in the previous statement is because he was doing the old ndsu fan stretching the truth about their players greatness thing. It gets old.