SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-16 schedule

darell1976

Highly unlikely a high major team comes here unless its a special connection like Boschee for Kansas and multiple staff connections like Brew and previous Gophers staff had. Teague was on radio shortly after that game saying that trip won't happen again. Only reason UND gets UNI is Jake and the next best chance might be Hannah Stewart and Iowa the next few years.

Unless its situations like that I wouldn't bank on those teams coming. Women's would have a better chance than men's at this happening, but still maybe once every 5-6 years.

I think it's worth it to press all available connections for scheduling. You just never know what might develop or be open. Crazier things have happened, so no use to absolutely discount a Big Ten MBB game from ever happening in Grand Forks.

If Northern Iowa, NDSU, and SDSU are all on the home schedule next year, that is a pretty impressive non-conference slate.  A challenging one as well.  I imagine two DII/NAIA's will also be added and the home schedule is done with 14 games.

I just don't get how we play SDSU year after year but we have yet to play USD since they went to the SL. I wish we could play all 3 Dakota teams in one season. Its close by, and its a DI school.

• Upvote 1

I just don't get how we play SDSU year after year but we have yet to play USD since they went to the SL. I wish we could play all 3 Dakota teams in one season. Its close by, and its a DI school.

Darrell, for the twelfth time - it's a money game issue. Every money game we don't play costs us 100k.

Darrell, for the twelfth time - it's a money game issue. Every money game we don't play costs us 100k.

UND is losing money by not playing a DI local team like USD and instead host a team like Presentation College or Mayville. 

UND is losing money by not playing a DI local team like USD and instead host a team like Presentation College or Mayville. 

I agree it's bad for the fans, but from a financial standpoint, an extra 1,000 fans in the stands = maybe $15,000

• 2 months later...

I have no update to the upcoming schedule other than UM-Morris will be playing and exhibition at the Sioux Center on November 13.

Other than that I wanted to point out that Northern Iowa will be hosting North Carolina.  Similar to the deal where Kansas while under Roy Williams came to Grand Forks when Jeff Boschee was playing there so he could have a game close to home.  UNC has an All-American from Iowa this season, so Cedar Falls and UNI is his home game.  Pretty good of Williams to go out of his way to do that. 

Nothing confirmed yet, but they have played for 4 consecutive seasons so that may indicate that they will play again this year.

We need more local DI teams at home so why USD is still not on the schedule is a head scratcher, I hope we continue to play SDSU every year. Shouldn't be any reason why we can't have all 3 Dakota teams on the schedule every year.

• Upvote 1

North Dakota will play in a tourney at Florida Gulf Coast in Fort Myers November 21-23.

11-13 Minnesota Morris

TBA. NDSU

11-21 @ TBA (FGCU Tourney)

11-22 @ Youngstown St (FGCU Tourney)

11-23 @ Florida Gulf Coast

11-28 UNI

12-1 Waldorf

12-5 @ Bradley

12-22 @ Kansas St.

Bowling Green is the fourth team in the FGCU tourney....................

11-13 Minnesota Morris
TBA. NDSU
11-21 @ Bowling Green (FGCU Tourney)
11-28 UNI
12-1 Waldorf
12-5 @ Bradley
12-22 @ Kansas St.          

Bowling Green is the fourth team in the FGCU tourney....................

11-13 Minnesota Morris

TBA. NDSU

11-21 @ Bowling Green (FGCU Tourney)

11-28 UNI

12-1 Waldorf

12-5 @ Bradley

12-22 @ Kansas St.

Should that be NIU rather than UNI?

University of Northern Iowa.  NIU is Northern Illinois.  Pretty sure its Northern Iowa that we're playing.  Are you seeing something else?

Ah I had it in my head we were playing Northern Illinois.  Never mind, it's a return trip from Northern Iowa for last year.

Conference Schedule (Thank you UNC)

Dec 31st: Idaho

Jan 2nd: EWU

Jan 7th: @ Weber

Jan 9th: @ ISU

Jan 14th: Montana

Jan 16th: MSU

Jan 21st: @ NAU

Jan 23rd: @ SUU

Jan 30th: @ UNC

Feb 4th: ISU

Feb 6th: Weber