SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ MIAMI - Penrose Cup Weekend in Oxford

AZSIOUX

UND can clinch the NCHC outright in front of 2nd place Miami and their fans this weekend

UND swept SCSU @ The Ralph while MIAMI split @ Denver this last weekend

NCHC STANDINGS

UND 47

MIAMI 41

UNO 39

DU 38

UMD 36

SCSU 31

WMU 24

CC 8

UND(1st pairwise)

24-6-3

15-5-2-0 NCHC

UND stats

http://www.uscho.com/stats/team/north-dakota/mens-hockey/2014-2015/

MIAMI(4th pairwise)

20-11-1

13-8-1-1 NCHC

MIAMI stats

http://www.uscho.com/stats/team/miami/mens-hockey/2014-2015/

UND can clinch the NCHC outright in front of 2nd place Miami and their fans this weekend

UND swept SCSU @ The Ralph while MIAMI split @ Denver this last weekend

NCHC STANDINGS

UND 47

MIAMI 41

UNO 39

DU 38

UMD 36

SCSU 31

WMU 24

CC 8

UND(1st pairwise)

24-6-3

15-5-2-0 NCHC

UND stats

http://www.uscho.com/stats/team/north-dakota/mens-hockey/2014-2015/

MIAMI(4th pairwise)

30-11-1

13-8-1-1 NCHC

MIAMI stats

http://www.uscho.com/stats/team/miami/mens-hockey/2014-2015/

Mia has already played 42 games (shows overall record above of 30-11-1)? I assume that should be 20-11-1 overall record?

Trust me when I say this is a Ferris Buehler 31 Flavors rumor...Mac w a fractured knee cap.

Real disappointed for him if that is truly the case.

If he got a fractured kneecap through a shin pad, that's one hell of a slapper.  If he was down on his knees, though, it might have caught some exposed area above the hard part of his pad. 

Trust me when I say this is a Ferris Buehler 31 Flavors rumor...Mac w a fractured knee cap.

That was the injury I feared when it happened and then when I saw him come back out for the Senior night festivities really hope it isn't true but wouldn't be surprised. Would make me sick to see such a good guy like Mac not be able to finish his Fighting Sioux career on the ice.

Really? When looking at the replay he takes it in the femur. Also, how in the world would it hit his knee cap? Unless the shot was so hard it cracked his shin pad and broke it. The knee part of the shin pad is the strongest part. You don't feel anything.

If he got a fractured kneecap through a shin pad, that's one hell of a slapper. If he was down on his knees, though, it might have caught some exposed area above the hard part of his pad.

No way the exposed part would be the knee cap. Unless his shin pads were too small I guess.

No way the exposed part would be the knee cap. Unless his shin pads were too small I guess.

I think you are right--the knee cap injury doesn't make much sense.  Easier to damage the tendon above the patella, I suppose. 

I Don't know who was watching the senior skate/walk around the ice.  There was a point that Midcontinent actually did something great.  They were focused on Mac OD and Pattyn.  OD Turns to Mac and you could tell he asked "How bad is it"  Mac gets a look on his face he looks down and says "i'll be ok".  Now here is the million dollar question.  OK for next week or OK no perminent damage?  The way that Hak looked when Katy asked and he looked away was not a good thing on my mind.  

Here is my pennies worth of what I think happened.  If I recall right, he took the puck above the knee.  When he went back to the bench, he sat in a chair behind the bench just inside the tunnel rubbing his leg above the knee.  I think he has a deep bruise and we can only hope it is that.  Next man up for next week. 

I Don't know who was watching the senior skate/walk around the ice. There was a point that Midcontinent actually did something great. They were focused on Mac OD and Pattyn. OD Turns to Mac and you could tell he asked "How bad is it" Mac gets a look on his face he looks down and says "i'll be ok". Now here is the million dollar question. OK for next week or OK no perminent damage? The way that Hak looked when Katy asked and he looked away was not a good thing on my mind.

Here is my pennies worth of what I think happened. If I recall right, he took the puck above the knee. When he went back to the bench, he sat in a chair behind the bench just inside the tunnel rubbing his leg above the knee. I think he has a deep bruise and we can only hope it is that. Next man up for next week.

Rest Mac. Oslon is looking to get in. Send in the grinder!!!

I think if Mac can't go Simonson will get the opportunity on Friday night. With Simonson being able to play center you could just put him in Mac's spot and not have to change anything else and I wouldn't be surprised if that is what Hak does. If Mac is out and Simonson gets the call I would like to see Poolman-Caggiula-Parks, Chyzk-Schmaltz-Johnson, Pattyn-Simonson-St.Clair, OD-Gaarder-Poganski as the lines for Friday night.

• Upvote 1

I think if Mac can't go Simonson will get the opportunity on Friday night. With Simonson being able to play center you could just put him in Mac's spot and not have to change anything else and I wouldn't be surprised if that is what Hak does. If Mac is out and Simonson gets the call I would like to see Poolman-Caggiula-Parks, Chyzk-Schmaltz-Johnson, Pattyn-Simonson-St.Clair, OD-Gaarder-Poganski as the lines for Friday night.

I like those lines as well.

und wins in  a shootout on fri night and loses for the first time on a sat night the next.

It's hard to see us in a S-O win over Czarnik, Barber, and Kurally.  Not saying it CAN'T happen...it just seems improbable .  But I've been wrong before, and Zane is that kind of difference maker.  No matter.  Even without the shootout, we win the Penrose with that tie.   :bigsmile:

Hypothetical:

If UND clinches on Friday, do Zane and other starters sit on Saturday?

I doubt it.  There's still pairwise implications for these games, and I'm sure the team would much rather face the AHA auto-bid (probably Robert Morris) than the 15 seed (Michigan as of now, assuming all of the top seeds win their tournaments). 

If Mac can't go....Gaarder line as is. Poolman Pattyn Olson. LJ NS Colton. Parks Caggs Chyzyk.

I dont like LJ NS and Colton togther, doesnt look right for some reason. I like what someone said in the saturday SC thread, move NS to center Parks and Poolman then Pattyn can center St.Clair and Olson and Simnson and take LJs place.