SiouxSports.com Forum

Adrian Peterson wants trade to Cowboys

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I called this months ago and now it's out in the open.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2372717-insider-buzz-adrian-peterson-wants-to-join-cowboys-vikings-wont-trade-him

Jerry Jones, if you want the services of the best running back in the game today, you will have to cough up some serious draft picks and current players. This will be sweet revenge for the Hershel Walker Trade 26 years ago. I hope you enjoyed those Super Bowls in the 1990's Dallas, because Karma is here and she wants her money NOW!!! :devil:

This is going to get very interesting! :)

Hot rumor is AP and the Vikings' 2015 7th rounder for Arizona's 2015 2nd rounder and 2016 5th rounder...

I don't know where you got the idea that AP would be worth top draft picks (plural) AND current players...

Vikes should have cut him months ago.

If you want the Vikings to lose, and you very well may want that, then yes. However, from GM Rick Spielman's and HC Mike Zimmer's perspective, keeping the best running backing in the league is common sense. Adding a heathy AP to the offense should certainly afford the Vikings an extra win or two, giving them a winning record and a shot at the playoffs.

If you want the Vikings to lose, and you very well may want that, then yes. However, from GM Rick Spielman's and HC Mike Zimmer's perspective, keeping the best running backing in the league is common sense. Adding a heathy AP to the offense should certainly afford the Vikings an extra win or two, giving them a winning record and a shot at the playoffs.

Unless you can somehow trade him for a late 1st or early 2nd round pick. I would rather see them get another young draft pick and free up some cap space over keeping AP for another year or so. Don't get me wrong, I still think there is something left in the tank, but for how long? If you can get any equity out of him, do it and continue building like they did last season.

Spielman is also smart enough to know what keeping a guy, who doesn't want to be there, can do to a locker room. Getting rid of Percy made complete sense, and it had nothing to do with his on field talent.

Unless you can somehow trade him for a late 1st or early 2nd round pick. I would rather see them get another young draft pick and free up some cap space over keeping AP for another year or so. Don't get me wrong, I still think there is something left in the tank, but for how long? If you can get any equity out of him, do it and continue building like they did last season.

For a 1st rd pick, I think Spielman would consider it; however, that won't happen. Any team considering to do that (team in need of RB like Arizona or San Diego) would much rather draft a player like Melvin Gordon or Todd Gurley and only have to pay a fourth of what AP's contract is worth. Unless Peterson renegotiates for the trade, a 1st rd pick trade is NOT happening.

AP is a big fan of playing football.  He loves it.  You can see it by how he plays the game.  He is also a big fan of money.  No surprise.  We all are.  He will not make nearly the amount of money somewhere else than he makes with the Vikings.  In the end, money will talk loud into his ear and he will decide playing for the Vikings is his best option.

Or will he be a locker room cancer? Send him down the road; if you can get something for him then even better.

Or will he be a locker room cancer? Send him down the road; if you can get something for him then even better.

Locker room cancer? I doubt that is the case considering his teammates and head coach want him back and publicly have made that known.

"Giving away" a player like Adrian Peterson is just something you don't do. The guy is an insane talent that has the potential for another 2000-yard type season. The Vikings need to try and get him to play for their club. Considering the Vikings have the leverage and Peterson started this whole mess, I think that Spielman is going about this the right way.

Locker room cancer? I doubt that is the case considering his teammates and head coach want him back and publicly have made that known.

Would you expect a Vikings player to publicly come out and say they want no part of AP on the team, only to have to deal with him personally when he walks into training camp? Of course they're publicly going to say they want him back.

Would you expect a Vikings player to publicly come out and say they want no part of AP on the team, only to have to deal with him personally when he walks into training camp? Of course they're publicly going to say they want him back.

They wouldn't have to say anything at all. It's the offseason; they don't have to speak in order to not get fined (aka "the Marshawn Lynch"). Also, the GM Spielman and down-to-earth HC Zimmer have also stated they want Peterson back.

Until Peterson actually states his desires publically, which he has not - his agent has, then the Vikes need to hold tight, keep the services of their all-pro player, and not condone negative behavior by allowing Peterson to get his way despite being in a position which he has zero leverage.

Agreed, If they don't get at least a 1st or a couple 2nds I think they will just keep him and tell him if he wants to play in the NFL the only way for that to happen is in Minnesota.

That works for me, too. Honor your contract AP you big baby.