SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 season

darell1976

With 6 games left we are 4-1. Here's my thoughts on what happens if we finish out in these scenarios. I'm ranking the percentages with the thought Reyes and Rich will be out too. If their healthy that increase our chances.

6-0 - one of the top seeds and host multiple games. Conference champs 5% chance

5-1 - chance for conference title, in playoffs. Good chance to host a game. 10% chance

4-2 - in playoffs still a good chance to host. 25%

3-3 - in playoffs on the road. Think our FBS win gets us in. A lot of other schools with 7 will prob have a D2 win. 40% 

2-4- not in playoffs but a 6-5 season would be a step forward. 15%

I don't think we do any worse than 2-4 but still a chance. 5%

gotta take it one game at a time but it's nice to be thinking we have a chance at playing postseason in only Bubbas 2nd year.

Great weekend for UND football.  Who would of thought we would be 4 and 1 and would of beaten an FBS school and have beaten the 16th ranked team  in the country.  My curiosity got the best of me.  I went and checked out Bisonville.  Much to my surprise they haven't even mentioned UND.  Normally they always talk about us.  Wonder why they stopped talking about us now.   Interesting.  

• Upvote 2

From where we came from the last few years,  how come there is  so much negativity?  Can't we just enjoy the moment.   Did anybody really expect us toe be the perfect team in a year?   It takes a little longer than that to rebuild.

From where we came from the last few years,  how come there is  so much negativity?  Can't we just enjoy the moment.   Did anybody really expect us toe be the perfect team in a year?   It takes a little longer than that to rebuild.

Because a bunch of people are all bent out of shape because Mollberg isn't starting at QB. :p :silly:

• Upvote 1

Because a bunch of people are all bent out of shape because Mollberg isn't starting at QB. :p :silly:

Why don't you leave Mollberg out of it.  Your happy face might be interpreted as mocking someone. The interceptions thrown the last 2 weeks and the ball into the hands of the Bison defender who dropped it, the poor pitch and the 4-5 fumbles are what people are concerned about.

Mollberg took a beating for us for two years as a freshman and sophomore and in his last 3 games completed 64% of his passes with only one interception. You think if we keep winning and shut down opposing passing attacks, Reyes  We couldn't run the ball, our oline wasn't playing well and our receivers dropped passes, didn't attack the ball and struggled to run routes.  These are excuses that seem valid this year even though we have a better oline, better running game and improved receivers.  He has been relegated to third team since he got back and seldom gets reps in practice. Studsrud is only a Sophmore but so were Mollberg and Bartels. Mollberg and Bartels were condemmned for similar mistakes with less of a supporting cast. Studsrud's mistakes are attributed to his inexperience, dropped passes, less than stellar oline play. Mollberg won't see the field this year.  Bartels might but only if Studsrud gets hurt and we don't want that.  Studsrud may be faster than the other two, and he has run the ball well the last two weeks.  There is no way we make a change as long as we are winning.  We need to win the next two before we get into the meat of the schedule.  I don't know about Ryan but Joe believes in what the coaches are doing and is complimentary about Keaton.  He doesn't complain.  I'm sure he would like to be playing but it doesn't look like he will get a chance. Let's hope Studsrud gets protection, develops as a passer and we keep improving our running game. If we can play pass defense we should be able to compete in every game. I do agree with those who see the need for a better  passing attack.  We need to accept the fact that the coaches are not going to replace Studsrud unless he is either hurt or he throws 4-5 interceptions per game for a couple games in a row.  Bartles and Mollberg better be ready cuz they will only get one chance.

• Downvote 1

Why don't you leave Mollberg out of it.  Your happy face might be interpreted as mocking someone. The interceptions thrown the last 2 weeks and the ball into the hands of the Bison defender who dropped it, the poor pitch and the 4-5 fumbles are what people are concerned about.

Mollberg took a beating for us for two years as a freshman and sophomore and in his last 3 games completed 64% of his passes with only one interception. You think if we keep winning and shut down opposing passing attacks, Reyes  We couldn't run the ball, our oline wasn't playing well and our receivers dropped passes, didn't attack the ball and struggled to run routes.  These are excuses that seem valid this year even though we have a better oline, better running game and improved receivers.  He has been relegated to third team since he got back and seldom gets reps in practice. Studsrud is only a Sophmore but so were Mollberg and Bartels. Mollberg and Bartels were condemmned for similar mistakes with less of a supporting cast. Studsrud's mistakes are attributed to his inexperience, dropped passes, less than stellar oline play. Mollberg won't see the field this year.  Bartels might but only if Studsrud gets hurt and we don't want that.  Studsrud may be faster than the other two, and he has run the ball well the last two weeks.  There is no way we make a change as long as we are winning.  We need to win the next two before we get into the meat of the schedule.  I don't know about Ryan but Joe believes in what the coaches are doing and is complimentary about Keaton.  He doesn't complain.  I'm sure he would like to be playing but it doesn't look like he will get a chance. Let's hope Studsrud gets protection, develops as a passer and we keep improving our running game. If we can play pass defense we should be able to compete in every game. I do agree with those who see the need for a better  passing attack.  We need to accept the fact that the coaches are not going to replace Studsrud unless he is either hurt or he throws 4-5 interceptions per game for a couple games in a row.  Bartles and Mollberg better be ready cuz they will only get one chance.

In short Joe improved as he got older and got reps?  Hmmm

Sorry, but I don't think Mollberg has proven he can play at this level and I am not afraid to come out and say so. I am mocking the people that are so fixated on having Studsrud replaced when we are freaking 4-1 and are close to being nationally ranked for the first time in a long time. I have faith in this coaching staff and if they think a change needs to be made at QB, they will make it.

By the way, you are hardly an impartial voice on this topic, since you vociferously back any and every player that has ever come out of Detroit Lakes. Back in 2004, you and a couple of others on here (don't remember who they were) complained non-stop about how bad Chris Bellmore was at QB and that Reed Manke should have the job handed to him because he's a "born winner" and whatever else you guys said. Once he got in there, he was a good QB, but not the world-beater you guys were claiming.

Unlike the previous staff, I trust Bubba and company to make good decisions regarding this program. With the progress we have made the last two years, I don't see why they shouldn't be trusted.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Sorry, but I don't think Mollberg has proven he can play at this level and I am not afraid to come out and say so. I am mocking the people that are so fixated on having Studsrud replaced when we are freaking 4-1 and are close to being nationally ranked for the first time in a long time. I have faith in this coaching staff and if they think a change needs to be made at QB, they will make it.

By the way, you are hardly an impartial voice on this topic, since you vociferously back any and every player that has ever come out of Detroit Lakes. Back in 2004, you and a couple of others on here (don't remember who they were) complained non-stop about how bad Chris Bellmore was at QB and that Reed Manke should have the job handed to him because he's a "born winner" and whatever else you guys said. Once he got in there, he was a good QB, but not the world-beater you guys were claiming.

Unlike the previous staff, I trust Bubba and company to make good decisions regarding this program. With the progress we have made the last two years, I don't see why they shouldn't be trusted.

Been waiting for the opportunity to hash this out since 2004, eh? :tinfoilhat: 

• Upvote 2

Reyes is out a couple weeks???

Just guessing Reyes sprained something, hopefully nothing more.  Just guessing Taj blew something, ACL likely, the way he was carried off.  We are experts, right??  So I don't know for sure, just speculating a little, awaiting word and hoping for the best.

Just stating facts. Facts that a lot of people on here don't seem to have the guts to state.

Real gutsy to say you're just going  to agree with whatever the coaching staff does. The team has an obvious weak spot and not addressing it will ensure we never become elite, quite frankly und could be a top ten team with if that weak spot makes major improvement. 

Actually he was a bit of a world beater in that he took his team to UNI ranked #3 at the time and won. His injury derailed that season from a deep play off run. 

I am for whatever QB helps us win through out this year. We have to realize we aren't going to have any sexy 30 point wins, but are going to have to grind out the rest of our schedule. 

Ira brings unique perspective in that he may know the players a bit more but I didn't read that he was favoring anyone over the other just what each could bring to the table.

Real gutsy to say you're just going  to agree with whatever the coaching staff does. The team has an obvious weak spot and not addressing it will ensure we never become elite, quite frankly und could be a top ten team with if that weak spot makes major improvement. 

Based on the fact that we are 4-1 in Bubba's second season and he has exactly one recruiting class of his own to work with, I think he has earned our trust. Two years from now.....we will have to wait and see what happens.

Actually he was a bit of a world beater in that he took his team to UNI ranked #3 at the time and won. His injury derailed that season from a deep play off run. 

I am for whatever QB helps us win through out this year. We have to realize we aren't going to have any sexy 30 point wins, but are going to have to grind out the rest of our schedule. 

Ira brings unique perspective in that he may know the players a bit more but I didn't read that he was favoring anyone over the other just what each could bring to the table.

And I also remember Chris Bellmore rallying us from behind against GVSU at home in the 2004 Division II playoff quarterfinals with two touchdown drives. Both Bellmore and Manke were good, solid (but not great) QBs who were more than good enough to win us games with the kind of defenses we had back then. Which is what Bubba wants us to get back to. And I think we are on our way to doing that.

People need to stop acting like we are 0-5 and at least try to enjoy the success we have had so far this year. This is a process and it won't happen overnight. The wait will be well worth it.