SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 season

darell1976

We better find some offense if we want a chance of winning that one.  My gut tells me our offense will only be average at best at the beginning of the season.  Heck we don't even know who our QB is going to be to start that game, could be one of 3 guys.  As the old saying goes.....if you have two QB's......well that means you really don't have 'a' QB.  Well we have three, I hope that position gets figured out this spring and fall as we need strong QB play to beat good teams.

The Bobcats are making changes to their defense and mentioned how much UND improved in one year.  I found this post and a few others like it.

from the bobcat nation fan board    "I was hopping somebody would bring this up. In 2013 UND's defense was horrific, new coach, new scheme and ATTITUDE and they were among the best in the Big Sky just one year later. It can turn around and turn around very quickly. If UND had any offense they might have won the Big Sky last year. Watch out for them, they are building something pretty good I think!"

Bubba has made an impression.

• Upvote 4

The Bobcats are making changes to their defense and mentioned how much UND improved in one year.  I found this post and a few others like it.

from the bobcat nation fan board    "I was hopping somebody would bring this up. In 2013 UND's defense was horrific, new coach, new scheme and ATTITUDE and they were among the best in the Big Sky just one year later. It can turn around and turn around very quickly. If UND had any offense they might have won the Big Sky last year. Watch out for them, they are building something pretty good I think!"

Bubba has made an impression.

Thats nice that other teams are noticing what Bubba is trying to do. We were a DII powerhouse took down UNI in 06 and crushed SUU in 07, Bubba is trying to get UND that reputation back and dump the UNC reputation that UND was headed prior to Bubba. 

We better find some offense if we want a chance of winning that one.  My gut tells me our offense will only be average at best at the beginning of the season.  Heck we don't even know who our QB is going to be to start that game, could be one of 3 guys.  As the old saying goes.....if you have two QB's......well that means you really don't have 'a' QB.  Well we have three, I hope that position gets figured out this spring and fall as we need strong QB play to beat good teams.

Bubba only had so much to work with last season thats why our offense was so poor, now with more Bubba recruits and another year under Bubba's scheme I believe our offense will be better than last year.

Bubba only had so much to work with last season thats why our offense was so poor, now with more Bubba recruits and another year under Bubba's scheme I believe our offense will be better than last year.

The offense could not have been much worse -

QB play - all 3 have more experience with the play book and scheme, another year of college.  If Molberg is ready to go we'll have a healthy competition.  Overall I think QB play will be better this year.  Plus, see improvements below that will help our QBs out.

RB play - last year was a cluster F, until some decent production by Garmen.  I have heard the UAB kid is legit and is providing solid leadership.  Oliveira is physically ready and could be an impact upon picking up the scheme.  We have some slashers or end-arounders with Clives and maybe more so with Santiago.  This position could be a big improvement.

OL - Luke guaranteed they'd be consistently better from day 1 this year, and should be with a year under their belt.  I heard a freshman is crushing it in the weight room and I'm assuming that is Francis.

WR - With the injury to McGill, Dev 'keeping it real' half way through the season, and all the drops last year........how could it be worse??  We have more talent, but the competition is wide open.

TE - Ruhe is back and Alder will float from TE to FB

Overall, things will be better, how much better though......If last year was a 2 out of 10.  I'm expecting a 5 out of 10 this year from the offense, could be a 6.

... To be fair und's offense couldn't be any worse than it was.

The offense could not have been much worse -

QB play - all 3 have more experience with the play book and scheme, another year of college. If Molberg is ready to go we'll have a healthy competition. Overall I think QB play will be better this year. Plus, see improvements below that will help our QBs out.

RB play - last year was a cluster F, until some decent production by Garmen. I have heard the UAB kid is legit and is providing solid leadership. Oliveira is physically ready and could be an impact upon picking up the scheme. We have some slashers or end-arounders with Clives and maybe more so with Santiago. This position could be a big improvement.

OL - Luke guaranteed they'd be consistently better from day 1 this year, and should be with a year under their belt. I heard a freshman is crushing it in the weight room and I'm assuming that is Francis.

WR - With the injury to McGill, Dev 'keeping it real' half way through the season, and all the drops last year........how could it be worse?? We have more talent, but the competition is wide open.

TE - Ruhe is back and Alder will float from TE to FB

Overall, things will be better, how much better though......If last year was a 2 out of 10. I'm expecting a 5 out of 10 this year from the offense, could be a 6.

Wouldn't surprise me if it is Francis. The kid is big and has a lot of room to get bigger. His still pretty lean but it's alot of muscle.

Calls for buying out the 2019 game and to go FBS would be all over that site.

I disagree.  That would defeat the purpose of buying it out, would it not?

I have a hard time believing FU wouldnt want another chance at UND in 2019 if we won.  In fact, I woud say no chance they would want to buy it out if UND won.

Theres a much better chance of that happening if UND were to get blown out, or even having a close call with UND next year in my opinion.

I disagree. That would defeat the purpose of buying it out, would it not?

I have a hard time believing FU wouldnt want another chance at UND in 2019 if we won. In fact, I woud say no chance they would want to buy it out if UND won.

Theres a much better chance of that happening if UND were to get blown out, or even having a close call with UND next year in my opinion.

You know when UND reaches the level of NDSU like we did in the 90's and 2000's, NDSU will try to go one level higher to be one step ahead of us.

Time for a little fun n' games Friday.  Just a hypothetical to throw out there - win @ Wyoming or win @ NDSU - which would you rather have?

Win over NDSU and its not even close.  UND needs to change the current image they have in the state for football.  A win against NDSU would go a long way.